Bad game plan, many penalties, no adjustments, no discipline

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Nov 12, 2017.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I AM impressed...being a Jets fan with a superiority complex! A rare breed for sure!

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

as long as you don't play: Count the VLT's..

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

and they still do..

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

its not a superiority complex, its not caring about a team we play every 4 years. like i said, i can think of a bunch of places a fqb(if there really is one in this draft) could land that would be bad for the jets. the giants are not one of those places

5. ColoradoContrails

Well we jut have a completely different way of looking at it I guess. Brady has been killing them for years, BUT we usually only hear about him when we play him and of course during every playoff season - but when the Jets aren't in the p.o. I don't pay much attention so I can ignore him. But when you open the sports section, even if you don't read the articles about them you really can't not see the headlines. But good for you if you can.

6. FJF

wait, you still get an actual newspaper?

7. ColoradoContrails

Have you read an electronic newspaper? They actually display more than one article on the same screen! Crazy, huh?

8. FJF

i usually just click the links of the articles i want to read

9. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Bad team too, if we are being honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't give a damn if the Giants win or the lose ... except that I wish we would emulate them because they are successful. Unlike the Jets Organization, THEY ARE NOT FUCKING STUPID. They do what they need to do to win CHAMPIONSHIPS. They couldn't give a damn if they go 8-8 instead of 5-11.

11. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

The coach is fine. They need an upgrade at the two most important positions. No NfL coach can win big without a top QB and quality WR's The Jets have neither. Whoever the next coach is will not win without them either.

12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Wait the Jets don’t get a draft pick now? Well that sucks, would’ve been nice to have a draft pick.

FJF likes this.
  13. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Todays loss is indicative of why I think we have a middling team, non-playoff ceiling with Bowles. Look at what the Rams have been able to do in just one season with a coach who knows what he's doing.

With Bowles we are limiting ourselves IMO and until w get a young offensive mind at HC, I don't think we're going anywhere. The reality is we will be addressing QB this offseason and doing so would be more in line with hiring an offensive minded coach than keeping Bowles.

14. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

My biggest worry is that Bowles keeps his job. I'm not concerned as much about the draft picks. The problem with the Jets is that our standards have been set so low that "better than we expected" is considered success. Rex kept his job after the 2013 8-8 season, despite the fact that the team looked like they only practiced every other week. They weren't supposed to win a single game this year, and unfortunately, Bowles probably saved his job by beating the Dolphins in week 3. With 4 wins, Woody will probably give Bowles a 5 year extension no questions asked :rolleyes:.

The problem is, even when they win, this is the same style of coaching that has gotten us nowhere for almost 2 decades: Timid, overly conservative offense, rarely even taken chances when doing so is NEEDED for the win, and going into clock killing mode and prevent defense the second they get the lead. Even if this team goes 7-9, I don't see anything that suggests that Bowles should be given anymore time or benefit of the doubt. Even if the Jets have exceeded expectations, I only see mediocrity if Bowles stays at the helm. Maybe, given enough time and with enough talent, they back into a wild card spot one year and lose. But other than that, we need someone who finds a way to win.

15. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Obviously I completely disagree. The coach has repeatedly demonstrated his incompetence, and the point is not whether the next coach will win without a QB (or anything else they need), it's that this coach won't win with a QB or anything else they need. I'm not interested in settling for a coach who has repeatedly shown a complete inability to adapt to changing game conditions, when a starter is having a bad game, and the coaching from the other team, has awful time management skills, has been unable to get his team to stop taking stupid penalties, and has allowed his team to come out flat for important games (game 16 in 2015 and today being two prime examples).

The team needs to upgrade several positions. They also need to upgrade the coach.

16. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Boy you put a lot on a coach. Sorry that's not how it works. Give Bowles good talent at the most important positions and he will win. If the next coach has inferior talent at QB and WR his team will lose in spite of pep talks, "half time adjustments" (I love that one) and great clock management.

17. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

And you seem to put absolutely nothing on a coach. What exactly do you think they're being paid to do? Give any coach good talent at key positions and he'll obviously win more than if he doesn't have talent at those positions, but if that's all he does he is completely worthless. Your condescension about all of the traits I said is hysterical in its cluelessness. Two former NFL players and one former NFL coach railed on SNY today about everything I said, and how unacceptable Bowles' performance was in terms of all of those things. I think I'll trust their views on whether things like halftime adjustments are important or not, not yours.

18. FJF

Blame the last 4 gms not the fact that we haven’t tanked

19. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Bill Parcells would have won that game yesterday with the same identical compliment of players by making IN GAME ADJUSTMENTS. That's a fact. All you need do is look at Parcells record with an extended time period to prepare.

In the case of Bowles, everyone claimed we were getting a Parcells disciple, but that complete bunk. Our HC is UNABLE to make in game adjustments. Bowles has displayed that weakness in 4 out of the last 5 games now. I don't understand how you cannot see that?

ColoradoContrails and grkmanga31 like this.
  20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I’m wondering what the hell the coaching staff was doing for the last 10 days? It certainly wasn’t game planning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk