PLAYOFFS

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Lee Savit, Nov 4, 2017.

1. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

These are the same posters that predicted the Jets would win near 0, now how funny is this? lol

I highly doubt , with a 38 yo QB, this team will get much past 6 wins. But it wouldn't surprise me to see 7 the way the D is starting to come around.

2. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I'm with you on that. The problem is on the other side, where Titans fans are losing faith in Mariota's ability to stay on the field.

Red Menace likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

7 years ago, 24-20 in Denver.

Cman68 and slimjasi like this.
  4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jets can only really afford 2 more losses. Essentially, they can only lose 1 game going into the Chargers game and that one will be tough too.

5. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

We also beat them 21-13 in Denver in 1999 (TD injury game) and 19-13 at home in 2002, if you peeps consider 1999 and 2002 "modern times"

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  6. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Look at the teams fighting for the #6 seed right now. It's not impossible that 8-8 gets the spot.

Buffalo (Their schedule is brutal)
    Miami (not good)
    Baltimore (not good)
    Oakland (schedule is brutal)
    Cincinatti (not good)
    LA Chargers (not good)
    Houston Texans (not good)
    Denver Broncos (not good)

My money is actually on Baltimore as they have a soft schedule.

7. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Buffalo's schedule isn't that brutal. I can see 4 more wins for them. They are MUCH better than Miami and Indy and could definitely beat the Pats or Saints at home. That would give them 9 wins. The other team on that list capeable of closing out on a 6-2 run is the 3-5 Chargers (who should actually be 5-3 if their kicker didn't choke away the first two games of the season). I can see both of those teams getting to nine wins, but they play eachother. Maybe that will help us, but we better win 9 because we "ain't gettin' in" with 8 wins. NO SHOT.

I think best case scenario for us is to be sitting at 8-7 going into Foxboro with the Pats already having that #1 seed in the bank ... and hoping that the dogshit Dolphins can upset Buffalo. I wouldn't bet my house on that scenario happening but I'll be rooting like hell for it.

Let's get to 5-5 first.

8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

At Tampa - win (Crabby Winston and DumbBell&Evans out) 5-5
    Vs Carolina - loss (at least have some Jet clock that preening cunt) 5-6
    Vs Kanas City - loss 5-7
    At Denver - win 6-7
    At New Orleans - loss 6-8
    Vs LA Chargers - win 7-8
    At New England - loss (at least have some Jet clock that other preening cunt) 7-9

7-9, no playoffs, no QB of note left in the '18 draft......and Josh McCown turns 39 next 4th of July...

6-10 once again likes this.
  9. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I think we have a good shot at beating Carolina...and clocking that preening cunt....in our house.
    Hopefully the other preening cunt isn't needed as they have clinched already and we get a no contest W. If he plays take your best shot to ruin him and their season, it's all good.

#49 Walt White, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    joe likes this.
  10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I've never heard this...WOOOOOW!!! LMMFBO!

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  11. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

My money is actually on Baltimore as they have a soft schedule.[/QUOTE]

Baltimore does in fact have a soft schedule and also have always played Steelers tough. I say they get in.

Jets are a very long shot but what do we know. Anything can happen..

12. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

I agree with you about this year...9 wins is comparable to 10 wins in previous seasons in the AFC. Jets must learn to win on the road and finish games this year if they are to have any chance.

13. tubby

tubby Active Member

I can see the Jets beating Carolina at home. Panthers have been very hit or miss this season, hopefully the "bad" Panthers team shows up against us.

14. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

15. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

That game was 7 years ago? Jeez :(

Cman68 likes this.
  16. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

The Jets could still trade up to get a higher 1st round pick. I believe they have an extra 2nd round pick from the Sheldon trade that they could use to make a deal.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

There aren't any dominant teams in the AFC. The Jets could win a bunch of games and make the playoffs. It's not an unrealistic possibility.

18. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

I just don't see it. I know TNF win got everyone all pumped up and excited, but this team still has many holes and is 1-3 on the road, with the lone win being a 3 point win in Cleveland. Tampa Bay will present a minor challenge. Denver, although not good, is a different team at home and NO/NE are two of the hardest places to go into and win in the NFL. Carolina and Kansas City will be tough home matchups. I don't see us going 2-0 in those. SD should be a W.

Is going 5-2 to get to 9-7 possible? Yes. Will they? Probably not. 7-9 is more likely. And 9-7 may not be good enough to get in anyway.

However, this season has been encouraging and if we do go 7-9/8-8 and fall just 1-2 games short of January, we should be proud of the young guys on this team and hope that we make intelligent decisions in the offseason that will hopefully lead to a postseason berth next season, and for many years to come.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  19. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Out of all the teams in the playoff mix the Ravens have a very favorable schedule.

At Green Bay
    Houston
    Detroit
    At Pittsburgh
    At Cleveland
    Indianapolis
    Cincinnati

The only game left that is truly tough for them is Pittsburgh but every other game left the Ravens will have a good chance to win. At 4-5 I could see them going 5-2 or 6-1 if they play really well and get that 2nd WC spot

20. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

There are enough qb in this Draft to get one picking 10-15. There aren't that many teams that are going to use their first pick on a qb browns, cards, maybe jax, maybe broncos. I say hold on to our picks and Draft best qb available #1, OL with our two #2 picks

HomeoftheJets likes this.