Josh McCown ruined this season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Oct 29, 2017.

1. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

Couldn't disagree more. If anything this season we've learned that our defense is set for the future, we have some good young play making receivers and finally found a tight end. All we need is a QB to be competitive. This draft is so deep that you can get one in the first round. How do we know Darnold will come out? He may stay in school. You play to win the game. McCown can also be a future coach here so it's a win/win.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The draft order should be reversed, team with the best record that misses the playoffs drafts 1st and down the line it goes. Guaranteed to stop the tanking.

truthbtold likes this.
  3. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

EXACTLY. That's the way it should be done. It makes sure that every team tries to win as many games as possible. No such thing as tanking. There is no downside to doing it that way. Zero. The way I would do it is just like you said for the first 20 picks, and then the last 12 go in order of playoff elimination with the two SB teams picking 31and 32.

In fact, to make it even more reasonable, I would only do it that way for the first round. After that, worst to best is fine for Round 2 - 7. So In my system Cleveland would NOT be rewarded for sucking with the #1 pick. Instead, they would get pick 20 in the first round, and pick first in the second round (#33) and so on. Also ... a team like the Colts could not win 12 games for a decade, and then suck for a year and get rewarded with Andrew Luck.

Doing it that way is amillion times more reasonable than the asinine way they do it now.

FJF likes this.
  4. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

If you're responding to me, I have to wonder what you've been watching.

5. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

So throw 20 of that 80 to Cousins next season assuming he's available.. Or pick up Alex Smith...

Or just wait and see how the rest of the season goes.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Why not just re-sign McCown to a 2-3year deal worth oh... $6-10mil guaranteed. Saves a lot of time and effort.

#106 Cman68, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

At least the Jets' games are interesting.

I would hate to be enduring the season we all were prepared for. I can't even watch 1 frame of a Giants game, can't even comprehend how triggering the Jets would be.

FJF likes this.
  8. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I think you're a little confused. It's the GM who ruined the season by signing him, not McCown for actually doing his job