PLAYOFFS

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Lee Savit, Nov 4, 2017.

1. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Way too early to be talking playoffs

dogg likes this.
  2. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Now a fivesome.

FJF likes this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

This thread has gone long beyond fivesome. It's an orgy now.

playtowinthegame and FJF like this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

not gonna happen but i like the fight in this team. to make the playoffs we'd likely have to go 6-1 for the last 7 games i can't see that happening

5. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Hold your horses there, Trigger!

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

8-8 is going to be the second wild card. Take a look at the rest of the AFC.

7. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

The only thing still keeping the Jets in it right now is that all the teams in the hunt still play each other. NE is gonna knock out Miami and Buffalo for us, and if we take care of business against Denver, SD, and Tampa then I believe we have a decent shot at making the playoffs.

8. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

We've beaten the Bill, Dolphins, Browns and Jaguars.

That ain't Murders Row.

stinkyB likes this.
  9. tubby

tubby Active Member

Realistically, I think that 14 point 4th quarter meltdown vs Miami is going to be what keeps us out at the end of the day.

FJF likes this.
  10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

11. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

To make the playoffs a team will have to win 1/2 thier road games (4-4) and 3/4 thier home games(6-2), which equates to 10 wins. A 10-6 record gives a team a good chance at making the playoffs if they win most of thier games in thier division and/or conference.

Jets currently are 3-2 at home and 1-3 on the road. They're 2-3 vs the AFC EAST, and have a 4-4 record in the AFC.

Jets have 3 games left at MetLife and 4 games left on the road. Jets have one divisional game left vs the Patriots on the road and 4 games left against AFC teams: CHIEFS, Broncos, CHARGERS, and Patriots.

The Jets have no room for error at home. They must beat the Panthers, Chiefs and Chargers. The toughest game is the Chiefs.

On the road the Jets must win at least 3 games out of the remaining four. They have the Buccaneers, Broncos, Saints, and Patriots left on thier road schedule. Jets can beat the Bucs and Brockos, but it will be near impossible to keep up with Brees and Brady. I really have a tough time seeing the Jets beat the Broncos as well.

Best case scenario the Jets go 2-1 at home, while going 2-2 on the road, which gives them a 8-8 record, a 2-4 record in thier division, and a 6-6 record vs the AFC.

A decent year. Good enough to give you more CowBowles.

12. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

That is fuckin hilarious. One the best. Too bad there's no video. He sounds like "The Kid From Fuckin Brooklyn"

Royal Tee and playtowinthegame like this.
  13. dawinner127

Guess you haven’t looked at the rest of the AFC. 8 wins will win the second wildcard. Throw that 10 win shit out the window. This year is different

playtowinthegame likes this.
  14. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Jets could have the same number of wins as the 5 and 6 seed teams after Sunday. The AFC is down this year. The teams in the mix for the two wild card spots are: Bills, Titans (or Jaguars), Dolphins, Ravens and Raiders.

If the Jets can go 9-7, they have an excellent chance to get in.

Just quickly looking at the other teams:

Bills still play Patriots 2x, Dolphins 2x, at Chiefs, at Chargers, Saints
    Titans play at Steelers, Rams, Jaguars
    Dolphins: Patriots 2x, at Panthers, at Chiefs, Bills 2x
    Raiders: Patriots, at Chiefs, at Eagles, Cowboys

Unfortunately, we'll need the Patriots to provide the most help. They play 5 games against teams on that list and if they have things locked up, they'll likely rest players week 17.

Realistically, they need to beat Tampa and then the Panthers after the bye week to really have any chance.

dawinner127 likes this.
  15. dawinner127

Tampa - Fitzpatrick
    Carolina - We are coming off a bye
    Denver - We never beat Denver but they are abysmal this year and by the time we play them they could be checked out by the time we play them
    San Diego - Same as above ^

8-8 is very realistic.

Royal Tee likes this.
  16. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I think the Jaguars may also be for real. I just don't know what to make of the Chargers.

17. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

At the moment, half of those teams would be in the playoffs if the season ended today.

dawinner127 likes this.
  18. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I think the Jets have an extremely small chance of being a playoff team this year. Blowing the Dolphins game really killed us and we will likely look back at that loss as being the one that truly cost us. I think the main issue going forward is that, besides having a pretty tough schedule in general, we have 4 of our remaining 7 games on the road and we just have not been a very good road team under Bowles.

Assuming we will need at least 9 wins to get the 6th seed (a very fair and historically accurate assumption), we are going to have to go 5-2 in our last 7 games. I just don't see that happening. To have any chance at all, we need to win our three remaining home games and then hope to steal two of the other four road games (@Tampa Bay and @Denver would seem like the most likely candidates). But, of course, we are talking about the intrinsically unpredictable NFL, so this is probably all wrong and utterly meaningless .

19. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Being local, I see a lot of Titans games. The Jaguars are much better than the Titans, although they have a way of just shitting away a few random games here and there--kind of like a typical Jets or Chargers team....

20. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I like this Jaguars team as a whole, but I just have no faith in Bortles.