Vehicular Attack in NYC

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by HomeoftheJets, Oct 31, 2017.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I agree. They don't want to politicize it because the only leverage they have here in intent and ideology. If they do t have their tool of choice to blame they don't want it politicized .

2. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

It's almost like the FBI has more information than him or more has been updated since his statement.

3. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

the bottom line is that statement was asinine, considering that he made it about 2 hours after the attack. He could not know at that point whether the terrorist was a lone wolf or a member of a cell. Yet he chose to spread that BS.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

5. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

He might have also meant that only one person did the actual attack. In which case, he wasn't wrong.

6. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I read that story and the only thing that raises an eyebrow is the part where he rented the truck and didn't do anything with it. He just sounds like a hard working immigrant who kept to himself to me.

I'm not sticking up for the guy, obviously he's a piece of shit after what he did, but I'm not seeing the red flags you are from that article.

8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The guy looks like Count Chocula with a ratty hipster beard. The Count Chocula part is fine, but the ratty hipster beard, I don't know, are there charges for that? That deserves life alone.

9. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

The red flag appears when you connect a couple of things from that article (his wife being the only one wearing a niqab in a neighborhood with a mosque, his friends with similar looking beards and niqab wearing wives) and his prior contacts with people on the counter-terrorism list.

10. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

yeah that's a good one to look for - Muslim communities where people are generally integrated and then you have some dude in a massive beard and all the females in his family walk around in a full burqa, sign of radicalization

Poeman likes this.
  11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The idea that we would allow the government to start spying on people based on what they wear is a scary one. I wonder what surveillance even have accomplished in this case?

12. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

NYPD was doing mosque surveillance in NYC till Comrade de Blasio stopped it.

13. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Well you can spot someone as being a hipster by their plaid jackets and non prescription eyeglasses, but as big an asshole as they are as far as I can tell there's never been a hipster rage incident that mowed down a bunch of innocent people. Islamic extremists, on the other hand, have a pretty long track record. And there are ways of sifting them out for further investigation which is completely appropriate

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

[​IMG]

FJF, stinkyB and HomeoftheJets like this.
  15. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Different times require different measures....

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'd much prefer to be more selective in who we allow into the country in the first place, than to give the government dangerous powers like we did with the "Patriot" act. People don't have a right to immigrate here. We do have the right to privacy from our government.

FJF and stinkyB like this.
  17. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Unfortunately, that ship has sailed, considering how many have come here from certain countries in the last 10 or so years.

18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

They will just go to churches and conduct business there.