Jets trading for 49ers CB Rashard Robinson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by grkmanga31, Oct 31, 2017.

1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I doubt Adams would vouch for him given he was kicked off the team at LSU in 2014 ,Adams freshman year for multiple issues. It's going to be interesting to see what kind of Dynamics develop between the two.

2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Why is he not of value? Mind you Mac is prolly very familiar with him and may have liked him coming out. Often a player slips in the draft if there's perceived character issues. Sometimes it doesn't work out but sometimes the player straightens out and the value is greater than the pick. It's a gamble. Just like ASJ was.

3. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

ASJ wasn't a gamble he was free... why not a 7th? Why are we paying premium price for niners scraps?

4. Walt White

So you know he's scraps already, gotcha. ;)

Fwiw from an article...

Adams and Jets wide receiver Jeremy Kerley, who played with Robinson last year in San Francisco, raved about him.

"He's a dog," Kerley said, meaning that as as compliment. "I think he fits any defense. He's a ball player, so he can adjust. We'll definitely get somebody in the locker room who is a little wildfire. He just brings a lot of energy to the game. I can't wait to see him."

Adams said Robinson will bring "a lot of swagger and energy" to the Jets' secondary.

The Robinson trade also gives the Jets a young player under affordable contractual control past 2017 -- which is important for a rebuilding team. Robinson's deal runs through 2019. His salaries the next two seasons are $630,000 and $720,000.

nycarl and FJF like this.
  5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

5th versus 7th is a different argument. He might prove you right. But If he finds his way into the line up and plays better than Skrine ( not asking much) then he might be well worth it. My point is we can't arbitrarily call people trash because of the trade. A change of scenery can really make a difference to a player. I'm willing to bet that he can cover much better than Skrine and he is no more penalty prone. Pls as you well know we are screwed at CB with the injuries and a game Thursday.
    I mentioned ASJ because he was labeled the same way, and he is proving everyone wrong.

Freddy Mondo and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Because he's actually decent in coverage, he's just super aggressive...Plus he's 22 and still young.

tbruner12 likes this.
  7. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I know he has a very checked past. Multiple failed drug test , continued to party after getting kicked out of LSU. Robed a teammate at LSU. Sat out a year and was here in My area for almost a year before getting drafted by the 49's. Know he had a concussion , a knee injury and an ankle injury last year ( his legs have always been a concern as they are very thin ) and currently he has an abdominal injury. He's a local kid I have seen play since High school. Would love to see him succeed but he has has issues for years.
    What do you know about him ? ;)

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Walt White

I just brought up your quote for the Adams quote in the article. The rest was for 6-10. ;)

That and the thought that he wouldn't be the first kid to grow up, and he won't be the last to fuck up his opportunity if he falters

9. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Well, his best two games are still atrocious? You realize he's still completely inept in pass coverage, right? You realize he failed to secure Coleman on his big run that set up the go ahead score, right?

It amazes me how so many want to sing his praises when his standard is rock bottom.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

I saw a couple of his YouTube highlight reels from both college and the NFL. Wasn't really impressed. But I never watched him in actual gameplay.

I have faith in any secondary position player from LSU, though. And I see quite a few people swearing he's got super talent and potential.

Surprisingly, I have faith that Bowles will be able to coach him into a good player. He's only 22. This is a perfect opportunity for Bowles. I know many of you will rip on me for actually having faith in our coach, but I oddly have a good feeling about this.

I'm always an optimistic when it comes to CBs, though, because it's one of my favorite position in the sport.

11. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Name one person that Bowles has coached into a good player.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. jets12

jets12 Active Member

Why can't the Johnson losers hire a real GM to run this team.

Mark my words, the Giants will hire a stud GM and coach this off season while we continue to masturbate with our losers.

Jets69, 6-10 once again and boozer32 like this.
  13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Lol
    This is your typical high character NFL player...what else is new

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Counseling with Dr Adams hehe

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  15. Walt White

Just pretend you're getting a reacharound

16. Walt White

Is that so?

17. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

There's a first time for everything. :)

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Quincy Enunwa

FJF likes this.
  19. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

They will also draft a QB with their top five pick, and have another franchise QB for the next decade.

We'll take a safety at 7, because. BPA.

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Jay Ajayi, Pro-Bowl runningback goes for a 4th rounder. We trade a fifth rounder for a Brandon Browner clone known for getting handsy.

Meh. I was so into this team even at the beginning of the season. But it's just never going to happen unless we get a franchise quarterback. While we're so hellbent on getting franchise cornerbacks.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.