Steven A Has A Point

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Quinnenthebeast, Oct 24, 2017.

1. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Jamal Adams, good pick.

stick to hoops, stephen a. shtick

2. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Fair enough, I love Adams just disappointed that the front office failed to see a franchise qb in front of them. It worries me for future drafts, if I want my gm to know one thing it's quarterbacks and Mac doesn't seem to know quarterbacks.

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Correct...I speculate

Two safeties taken in a row...no one could believe it when they announced it ...has all the earmarks of a defensive HC having it his way

Can't believe our savvy GM would not have done the opposite or at least split the decision

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Nah, but JaMarcus Russell could

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

5. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Well it was typical of Jets fans to melt down and ridicule them when they picked Maye, based on no knowledge to boot..

Now Maye looks like a steal, at that pick even, and they're set on the back end of the D with a core building draft. Even one of the most critical beat writers has acknowledged this, and if I gave a fuck I'd go back and see what he had to say when Maye was picked.
    But typically, let's forget that and make shit up to to 'prove' something that they know how Mac sucks.

#45 Walt White, Oct 24, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  6. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Its hard to argue with the promise of Jamal Adams and when I look at this draft by itself, it was great. My concern is that will this thinking go into next year? We have seen time and time again that we go defense in the first and then try to overcompensate by drafting offense later (usually in the 2nd) on a raw prospect that never pans out. We're now still seeing the fallout from 10 years of doing this because we have let go of Coples, Richardson, and soon to be Mohammed Wilkerson. That is a shit ton of draft capital WASTED on the defense.

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If we already had our FQB - even if he wasn't quite ready to start - then drafting Adams and Maye one-two would've made more sense. But we didn't - and still don't - have a FQB. Having the back end of the defense set for 10 years is great, but that won't guarantee a championship, or even getting to the SB. And by the time we actually find a FQB and the get the pieces to surround him, Adams and Maye could have half their shelf life used up, or one or both could have a career-ending injury.

So okay, Macc didn't think any of the QBs available were worth it. Then that just makes me question his ability to judge talent all the more. Nothing he's done so far has demonstrated his ability to build a strong offense, and that's what the Jets desperately need.

There is another possibility that just occurred to me: He didn't trust Bowles to develop a young QB, and by giving Bowles "his dream" of yet another "D"-first draft, if Bowles doesn't do well there will be excuses that will save him and Macc can then hire his own - offensive oriented HC.

Will-I-Am-Not likes this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

This is the draft to build the offense for Maccagnan. Even though he's neglected it, he can fix that neglect with a solid offensive draft.

There's 3-5 quarterbacks, offensive lineman and receivers being mocked in the first round. There could be as many as 6 receivers and offensive lineman taken early. We'll see if he makes the right choices or takes another defensive end.

Will-I-Am-Not likes this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I hear you, and I agree he needs to address the offense, but what bothers me is: Why didn't he do that before? And what makes you so sure he actually WILL do that now? I don't share your optimism.

10. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Steven A. is the guy who said that if you attempted a field goal on third down and missed, you could try again on fourth down. He's a hack.

11. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

But Adams hasnt scored 1 pt...and has been responsible for allowing pts to be scored. No forced fumbles or inrerceptions(he did have a tip that lead to an int). Not saying he wont end up having a better career than Watson but as of now Watson seems to be more productive.

12. fansince90

I honestly like the qb form Oklahoma. Can make all the throws and plays with super confidence. Short for a qb but I think Wilson has proven you dont have to be tall to be good/great.

13. fansince90

No proof...yet.

14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Okay then, I watched some commentators highlight the fact that Watson holds onto the ball a little long and is leaving himself open to getting sacked, the Texans line holds up pretty well but he has still been sacked a lot.

How many times has McCowan been sacked and how many of those were due to him holding the ball too long ?

I think OL would stink for Watson's current technique and he would be scrambling like fuck every other play, which all looks good when you hit the WR but that kind of luck won't last forever when you are throwing on the run a lot.

15. K'OB

About the same level has Hack ;):p

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  16. K'OB

Well they looked at him and thought he wasn't good enough for the number 6 pick, it is a subtle difference but it is a difference, they will have had a list of players they wanted, Adams seemed to have made an impression and they wanted him if he fell to 6 and he did so they snapped him up and I have no complaints about that, he looks likely to be a success in the long term and that is good for a number 1 pick by us.

17. K'OB

How about having the team in place and then selecting a FQB ?

Seems to be working fine for the Cowboys, I mean nobody thought Prescott was worth a look and now he is an FQB, the team in place allows a young guy to slot in and gain confidence, a young guy in a wrong team equals getting booed by impatient locals as he gets sacked and throws an interception or 10, you know just ask Sackenberg and all the other piece of shit names people give the rookies, Lee would like to shake his head at this point also.

If you have never stood on a field of play, it is surprising what you can hear from the crowd plain as day.

18. K'OB

But you could say the same for anybody taken after somebody else in the draft, that is called hindsight, no fucker thought Prescott was worth taking 134 picks before the Cowboys got him with the 135th, would you take him now knowing a fourth round pick is going to give you a competent looking QB, a possible FQB and a QB that can deliver TD's on the run.

Take him in round 1 and people would have been taking the piss and laughing their arses off at that selection.

Watson has played 6 games, come back in another year and if he is still playing like this then we can all rue the day we failed like the other first 11 picking teams on our failure to select a brilliant QB but far too early for that atm.

fansince90 likes this.
  19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Blaming the coach for the gm taking defensive players is getting rather old at this stage. Mac turns the card in at the end of the day, if his input isn't being considered, he shouldn't be the gm

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

20. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Between 1-3pm there's no sportstalk radio for me, between that idiot and Fatcessa