2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Nice to see the boys in midseason form,,,,,,,,thank god I was watching Joe Girardi give the Yankee victory away other wise all those islander give aways that led to goals might upset me ,,,just sayin

Red Menace likes this.
  2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Columbus is loaded, I did not think they could get better but the Panarin pick up was huge!!

My biggest contention with Isles is playing Chimera and Bailey over younger and better players like Ho-Sang.

Barzal is already proving he's a playmaker and Bailey is never going to become the finisher the Isles envisioned.

Chimera is a solid veteran but he's in the later part of his career. He can't go up against the Atkinsons and Panarins of the NHL.

It's one game, I hope Weight does not get into the veteran over rookie mindset, it's not how he coached last year, no need to over analyze this.

CBG likes this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I was not watching much was too involved with Yanks but I am watching tonight. I asked my buddy today why Ho Sang was scratched , no answer do u know why Menace ? If he was not hurt he HAD to be in the lineup,,,,2 nd period starting back in a bit

4. Red Menace

Healthy scratch, but he's playing well tonight.

CBG likes this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

FIRST win of the season , we will take it . It was a short handed goalathon ! Barzal / open net = ugh , at least they tried to get him his first goal good hustle by our boy Okposso to break that up,

6. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Didn't see the game today since I am at work but the Isles were trailing the Blues 2-0 with 8 minutes left in 3rd P and managed to come back and tie it up. The eventually lost in the SO 3-2 but picked up a point when it looked like they wouldn't get any.

CBG and Red Menace like this.
  7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Was at the game last night. Pathetic performance especially not being able to take advantage of a back up goalie. Tavares was non-existent.

8. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Missed a pretty much open net in the final seconds too...

9. JetBlue

I didn’t watch any of the highlights, and we were on the Kings shooting end, but it looked like he did when I saw it but wasn’t sure if it was just my angle from the seat.

I’ve gone to the game 3 of the last 4 years and the only one they won was two years ago when I didn’t go. Maybe it was the BS call in the Jets game hanging over but watching them lose last night hurt more than it has in years past.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Islanders vs Rangers tonight,,should be fun

Red Menace likes this.
  11. JetBlue

Need to get 2 points against the Rangers. 5 pts in 7 games isn’t good, although in fairness we’ve had a pretty tough schedule to start including arguably the two best teams in the league.

Red Menace likes this.
  12. Red Menace

Pelleck,mayfield and Bailey need to be reassigned to minors, those guys absolutely suck. The hurt their teams defensively and offensively, anyone who does not see it is blind.

Barzal already showing he needs more playing time.

JetBlue likes this.
  13. JetBlue

2 points and still a terrible outcome.

Red Menace likes this.
  14. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Well, they managed to pull it off somehow :)

Red Menace likes this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

winning ugly is better than losing pretty . Menace or anyone else did you really think that Bailey was going to score at the end of regulation, I mean the first one was a nice move and then the second save was ridiculous but YOU just knew this guy was not scoring .BTW the power play we had in OT , seemed like no one wanted ti shoot the puck .

Red Menace and Ralebird like this.
  16. Red Menace

Bailey was playing next to JT for a whole season and only scored 14 goals, I don't expect him to score under any circumstances.

Barzal is already head and shoulders a better player than Bailey. He was all over the ice last night, just an awesome player at such a young age.

I can live with Brock Nelson soft approach as long as he and Ho-sang stay together. They have good chemistry.

However it seems Douglas Weight is suffering from Capuano syndrome and constantly mixing and matching lines.

He needs to be patient and allow these young guys to build some chemistry.

CBG likes this.
  17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Why in the world are they FU%#ING with Ho Sang ? Healthy scratch again , what is going on ?

Red Menace likes this.
  18. Red Menace

He is choosing Chimera over Ho-Sang. I think Ho Sang is deservedly being taught a lesson because he is trying to do too much, trying to skate by 2 or 3 defenders and turns puck over.

The kid is good but is undisciplined and doesn't know that you can't try to make an individual play every time he gets the puck.

Barzal on the other hand is playing very disciplined, he doesn't try to skate through defenseman, he will go down board if necessary and go all the way around the net, not a flashy play but keeps puck in the zone and allows others to find open ice.

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I don't know Menace,,,,the kid has so much talent,,,,bench him for a shift a few shifts , a period but to play Chimera over him seems like spiting your self .

Red Menace likes this.
  20. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Ho-Sang optioned to Bridgeport..this organization is a joke I wish they would just move already.

Red Menace likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.