Why can't Darron Lee cover anyone?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Aug 30, 2017.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Stroking him ?

So in effect you are insulting fellow Jets fans who have finally seen that Lee has done a couple of things well and made a couple of big plays or whatever, I would hardly say anybody on this site has been stroking him in the slightest, fuck me this thread has more abuse than anything else especially over the first 10 pages or so.

You can see what you see as much as you want, as is your wont but posting some unfounded bolded stats with no evidence or link to back them up is rather meaningless.

The other thing you fail to understand about the fans looking for positives is the fact that they don't want to see another first round failure, he hasn't played very well in the main but that has been discussed to death in here already and doesn't really need repeated by me tbh, suffice to say he may well be outmatched at his current position until he bulks up or he retrains at another position that better suits his body shape/weight.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  2. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

The bolded came from straight from PFF. I'm sorry I didn't meet your criteria for journalistic responsibility. Are we on an internet message board or Ethics in Journalism? Get over me not posting a link.

You also act as though somehow I am the only one shitting on Sharron? Trust me, MOST of what is being posted in this thread derogatory is true. There are many sources pointing out Lee's failures.

I want him to succeed as much as you do, but I'm not going to live in delusion stroking the little twerp. In point of actual fact, so far Lee has proven only that he is miscast and undersized/incapable of playing linebacker in a 3-4 hybrid.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. K'OB

Why the need to call him a little twerp ? This is the bit I don't get from fans, I can understand frustration at him not playing well but I bet it isn't through lack of effort, being childish and calling him twerp and what not just makes you look pathetic and weakens your own argument.

Yes it is a message board, so don't be shocked that somebody replied to you your post, the very essence of message boarding.

I think I understood full well how many people don't rate him, I showed this knowledge in my original post.
    "fuck me this thread has more abuse than anything else especially over the first 10 pages or so."

4. Mainejet

I prefer to never sugar coat things. I prefer to be objective in all of my posts. Now, if sometimes I go a little overboard? Oh well, shit happens.

The point is in calling him a little twerp is that he is not cut out to play linebacker in a 3-4 hybrid. When he was drafted he was called a "prototypical 4-3 linebacker". Those are not my words, but it certainly does NOT fit with what the Jets do on defense. That much is clear.

But honestly, I called out the pick from day 1? I have taken loads of shit for it as well. Like I have some sort of obligation to give this blind love to the Jets and never question the thought process? It's nonsense and the fact is what I said has at least thus far turned out to be correct?

This defense should be performing MUCH better than they are and a huge reason why they are not is Lee's inability to even line up correctly. His coverage skills are virtually inept.......

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He's improving for sure, but the thing is about PFF is that you can take certain information from there, but you can't judge the player completely off of their statistics as it can be misleading.

He's getting better though, baby steps. Had a few stops in the backfield, forced a fumble and also stopped Gronk on a few plays. He hasn't arrived, but at the same time he's not completely inept.

6. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

People hated Davis to, and were very disappointed by the time we shipped him to Cleveland. It seems he has actually developed into a good player and most people agree.

Maybe Lee just needs a few years to totally round his game to become a very good player. I know it sucks but not all 1st rounders come in and are immediate studs

Mogriffjr and K'OB like this.
  7. K'OB

All true but you don't call your own fans "strokers" implying they arse licking twats and there isn't a need to call Lee a little twerp, if you feel the need to call a player out go and take a look at the 16m a year pink sleeve wearing guy who hasn't done a goddamn thing since getting his big pay day contract, Lee is essentially a rookie who is trying to make it and a big well done to you who called him out right away on draft night as being shit, he certainly fooled a lot of folk into thinking he was going to be a footballer.

Now I am not really defending his play because that has been bad in the main but again he is being selected in a position he looks undersized for, least he is man enough to get out there and try his damned best, hopefully Bowles will either have him retrained into a safety or somewhere else on the D that his speed can be made a plus point.

Remember he didn't ask to be selected by our wonderful organisation and played in the wrong style defence but here is a little snippet about his draft position any way...

"In mid February 2016, most analysts had Lee going in the mid-to-late first round of the draft.[13][14] [15]

At the 2016 NFL Scouting Combine, Lee solidified his position in the first round. Performing at just three pounds lighter than his playing weight of 235 pounds, Lee put up solid numbers in physical tests, leading all linebackers in almost every drill."

We took him at 20 bang on the expert's prediction, telling you man, you need to give up that day job and ring the Jets and start a new career as a scout.

What did you think about Adams btw ?

8. Mainejet

In a track and field competition he led all linebackers in almost every drill. NOT in a football contest. Have you seen him handle lead Guards when they engage him? I have and he gets blown up EVERY time. Literally launched off the ball.

Meanwhile, everyone claims he's improving? That's also a huge crock of shit. I have yet to see Darron Lee get his head turned around for one single pass play he's covering? If you have seen it, PLEASE post it? Because I don't believe it exists. Opposing QB's have a 139 rating when passing to Lee's assignment. That's not just big TE's that's ANYONE he's assigned to.

So is it your contention that it's not his fault he's too undersized to player ILB in a 3-4?

Because that's nothing but a nonsense excuse as well. It says very clearly on his draft report, "He will need to gain weight to be an effective linebacker". Your information claims he plays at 232. That's is a complete lie. Just look at him and you'll realize he's the very same size as Jamal Adams or possibly a little smaller. He played all of last season at 215 pounds. There's NO way Lee has gained even a pound since his days at Ohio St.

I did not know anything about Jamal Adams. I never watched him and just hoped he would be a better draft choice than Lee. Thus far, I love what Adams brings. He instantly has made an impact. He's a very intelligent player and seems to be leading the defense already.......

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I still think we need a better linebacker to play alongside Lee. I think of Lee as "Robin", but we still don't have a "Batman" if that analogy makes sense. Need a LB that can shed blocks, and open things up. Davis and Lee to me are very similar in terms of hitting gaps.

10. Yes you "called" the pick from day 1 & have blindly defended your viewpoint to the point of hate filled obsession ever since.THATS why you've gotten shit. You don't wanna see the guy succeed..you'd rather be right about him being a twerp.

You're allowed to have a view point but when you're criticizing other posters for simply recognizing growth from the player in question & still touting the same one dimensional opinion regardless of what actually transpires on the field..what do you really expect??

I hate to tell you this but most Jet fans actually want to see Darron Lee become sucessful

Jets69, K'OB, 101GangGreen101 and 2 others like this.
  11. K'OB

Go on then I will keep on humouring you.

Bolded bit 1 - Well not everyone and obviously not all the time but yes he has done a few things in recent games that was good, did you not see his fumble recovery for instance ?

Bolded bit 2- where do you get that stat from please ?

Bolded bit 3 - Well it isn't really is it, if he is naturally that size then he is that size, some people can not bulk up and again if he played another system at college and was quite obviously successful at it, the conclusion would be he needs that system to succeed clearly, on the issue of size how did he manage at college being so small or is everybody not pumped up to within an inch of their life until they hit the Pro game ?

Bolded bit 4 - Yes I did read that in the official NFL draft report, it gave him a rating of 6.27 which I believe is a very good mark.

Bolded bit 5 - Odd that you call one site a lie and then quote another site to back yourself up but that site also has him listed at 235lb http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/darron-lee?id=2555322 and as for looking at him and guessing his weight, oh please I couldn't tell you what weight any of them are by looking, I don't have that kind of superpower unfortunately.

Bolded bit 6 - See it is funny because there is a guy like you who fucking hates the Adams pick and is arguing that he will never be an NFL safety, opinions, funny things at times.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  12. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Don't bother KOB. He's doing much better than that angry shit head thinks he is. Notice he didn't say a fucking word until that PFF bs got written about. He wants Lee to be Deion Sanders and Dick Butkus at the same time, dumbass. He'll never stfu about it either.

Jets69 and K'OB like this.
  13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

This Board is in love with a crappy Defense and has no answers when Mainjet supplies stats for THIS season not training camp

Face it , Lee was a terrible first round pick The Jets only pick D for Draft ..stupid ..he makes a couple of plays two years later and people think he will be an All Pro...yeah sure
    I Dont hate the kid just think he was a Fourth rounder TBH

Someone will think we need an Edge Rusher if we have 2018 top 3 pick...no surprise here

Jets69 likes this.
  14. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

'Stats' lol

Hahaha

#334 Walt White, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  15. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I would add that the DL play has also contributed to the standings and poor pla.

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Worst poster on the board
    Bar none

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  17. K'OB

All pro :rolleyes:

I seen three or four people give the guy a bit of praise for doing a couple of nice things, I fucking absolutely love hyperbowl :)

18. Mainejet

What a dumb post. I do not wish harm on any player and never will. I'm objective and probably a little harsh truth be told. If you don't like my posts don't read them. I also haven't criticized a single poster for thinking Lee has improved so get your facts straight. I am debating the topic and that's exactly what we do on a daily basis.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. Mainejet

It's definitely part of it, yes. However, I think a lot of that is a function of poor coaching. Kacy Rogers is the worst DC I can recall the Jets ever employing?

20. Mainejet

Kiss my ass