You guys got screwed...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Oct 15, 2017.

1. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

So for the last couple of days I've asked for the evidence to be shown. They're tried with the video on NFL.com. They've failed.

I'm done with this call now, I know what it means, but I have a nice dark beer and Mrs Donkey has just put some Supersuckers on the stereo. On to next week.

Squish da fish.

Royal Tee likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't know what Supersuckers are, but they don't sound like they'd do your stereo any good! ;)

donkey and oldrover like this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. I restrained myself w him but I'm still waiting for an example of even one legit instance in 15 years time in which a call cost the Patriots the game which caused a national media uproar..the problem is it doesn't exist..which only furthers the point of how ridiculous this whole thing has become

5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

FYP

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  6. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Pats get calls, Steelers get calls, Packers get calls.

49ers got calls for decades, but it's been a long time at this point.

I would expect the Cowboys to always get calls, but it doesn't seem to be the case--even in the 1990's the refs seemed to be trying to make it harder for them, not easier. Not extreme, but the refs weren't doing them any favors.

The Lions and the Bears get shafted all the time. It's got to be hard for those fans.

7. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

This lot. I won't derail the thread after this. :)

8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yeah i have a buddy who's a lions fan. they got shafted earlier this year as well. I cna't remember who they were playing

9. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

That deserves respect!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

The fact that so many people are on the side of the JETS on this gives weight to all the JETS fans.
    To call us dumb and crazy ..yea, not the time for that shit on this one.....nah

Actually,
    Even gives the conspiracy guys a chance to rear their heads...

Reminds me of when you laugh at all these weather creation HAARP Junkies then they produce a video of muther fuckers making clouds and shit..

U just gotta pause ...at least..just stop and listen for a sec...lol :eek:

KurtTheJetsFan and Jets_Grinch like this.
  11. oldrover

oldrover Member

The Pats radio color guy, Scott Zolak, a huge homer... which as a fan I love LOL... is on this clip from Joe and Evan, saying this call is BS. I love Joe and Evan, by the way. Probably my favorite sports talk show... way better than the yahoos and sh!tstirrers in Boston.

NCJetsfan and Royal Tee like this.
  12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Arguing is Cheats 101. It's a team concept. Tom Cheat laughs about it all the time. "I always throw a hissy fit, and usually get my way, hardy-har." That's why it's called a game. But their gamesmanship is er, really called blatant cheating. That's OK. They do it better than anyone else, but just admit it. Bruschi almost stroked out again when Harbaugh called them that unmentionable word, and then Harbaugh walked it back. Ugh, why?

I always bring this up, but it kills me how Cheats fans hate Roger Goodell. He's an idiot of the highest proportions, but sending a formal letter to Belichick telling him to cut the crap - WARNING!!! CUT THE CRAP!!! - and then he went all Cheatie-gate anyway . . . I bet everyone forgot about that letter, telling Belichick to STOP CHEATING. "Dear Bill: STOP CHEATING!" I'm not making this up. Cheats, anyway. "I didn't know the rules. I was unaware of such and such." Haha, c'mon.

Then the stomping of the video tapes because there's nothing to see here. Kraft should kiss Roger Goodell's ass for the rest of life. Deflategate was a total waste of time, but it was because Goodell got mad in the wrong way about doing a favor (tapes destroyed) and getting defied. And then he looked even more idiotic. I'm confident that one day someone who no longer has skin in the game and doesn't care about being sued will turn whistle-blower. It may take 20 years, but it's coming. Like the Rapture. Nevermind, I take it back.

#273 jetophile, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    NY Jets68 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

No doubt. Me, of all people, would never go there. It's never in the bag even after 00:00. The Jets just didn't need help being true to their DNA.

14. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

Com'n Kurt, really? I have not wavered since my first post (#109) where in the third paragraph of that post I mentioned all that we have to worry about is the movement of the ball as ASJ rolled over, if no movement TD, if movement within control of ASJ TD, if movement not in control of ASJ then touch back. And if you can not decide stay with call on field TD. (this is the last element of possession as the knee down and initial second control fulfill the first two)

Now for some reason you are not buying this as the battleground for possession.

Kurt could your tell me when you think he got possesion and maybe an NFL rule to support this point?

#275 Yehoodi, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  15. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

Correct, Butler did not give the touch back signal but did the incomplete pass signal waving off the TD. It is not the correct signal as it was not a reception although they do use the same rules for reception and collecting a loose ball.

Regarding Butler running into the ref. I watched the game again tonight and yes the ref slipped into Butler who extended his hand to keep the ref from falling. I do agree with you that when advocating a call and one bumps/touches a ref it could be a penalty. However, to be totally honest here Jetaho, ASJ bumped into Corrente as he came over to the bench, and frankly right after your still shot. Corrente wards him off with his left arm but ASJ got between him and the coach and bumps into the ref. It was not malicious but neither was Butler, so it is kind of all square in my book.

As for the McCourty head shot, i thought that was incidental contact with the helmet as when i saw it live it look more that he did what he did and that was to push the guy in the chest with him hands out of bounds. I can see them keeping the flag though as there was helmet contact.

As for the Gronk PI call, as i have said i think that was horrendous as it was incidental contact and an under thrown ball, and it essentially gave a TD to the pats.

Again the body language thing, i do not put a lot of credence in it as some folks are demonstrative, some quiet, some do not knows rules etc., so one may not get a good read. But I point you to the tuck rule, when Brady came off the field he was sulking as he thought the game was over, he was not running to the refs yelling incomplete pass. He knew that he was pump faking and felt this ruling may not be good. Then when he saw the replay he had hope, but that does not change the initial thoughts of "this may not be good"

Yes ASJ reacted as he did in the photos, but i think that the jets thought it was either a TD or ball at the one if they fumble which would be true if happened in the field of play.

And no Jetaho, I am sorry, I am not being hypotechnical, just focusing folks view and it is something the NFL does all the time, when a player is going to the ground and/or out of bounds this is done all the time and it is nothing new. Just that here it has much more impact that reversing a 12 yard pass. And agreed Corrente is in the minority with the majority are of the opinion that there is not enough movement to demostrate ASJ could not control the movement.

Yes Jets did get bad calls go against them in this game and I will not dispute that point Jetaho.

16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Look, despite all your rule quoting mumbo-jumbo, you persistently fail to do the ONLY thing that would resolve this: produce video that shows clear and convincing evidence that the call on the field was wrong. Because if you can't do that, it means that the call on the field should NEVER HAVE BEEN OVERRULED, regardless of any obtuse rule interpretation. These rules you quote are not operative unless there is clear proof that he lost control of the ball and never regained it. From every inch of video thus far produced he bobbled the ball momentarily and then regained possession - THERE IS NO VIDEO EVIDENCE SHOWING OTHERWISE. You and the NFL idiots can speculate and engage in projection and what ifs all you want, but you have no proof that supports overturning the call on the field, so just STOP!

donkey, NY Jets68 and Ralebird like this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

What's really infuriating is that even if the NFL finally admitted that it screwed up, there is no remedy. Replaying the end of the game with the score including the disallowed TD doesn't do us any favors. Or replaying the game in its entirety either. Of course neither would ever even be considered, but still. Just like the Deflategate Game - the RIGHT thing would've been to disqualify the Cheats and award the game to the Colts, but when that didn't happen, no matter what the eventual ruling was, effectively it was a "win" for the Cheats.

And isn't that what BB counts on - "Cheating always pays". At some point - hopefully very soon - all this cheating will eventually tarnish the BB and Brady myth. Sure, they were good, but maybe not really so great given how much they relied on cheating to win. When the difference between winning and losing, even between two unevenly matched teams, can be so small, cheating can make a huge difference. Branch Rickey once said: "Luck is the residue of design", but with the Cheatriots it's more like "Luck is residue of well designed cheating".

NCJetsfan and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  18. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Most of us seem to agree this rule really sucks and the Jets fell victim to this dreadful rule.

I was waiting for someone to bring this up, but I am guessing the call has many of you ignoring this tidbit perhaps.

Jenkins had his left arm and hand holding the ball which is good since it is away from the defenders. Other than that, his ball security tecnique really sucked on that play.

Look if a player gets popped hard where the football is being held, a fumble or ball comming loose in this case is understandable. But when a opposing player can simply swipe at the ball and cause a bobble or fumble, the runner in my opinion is not doing their job. When I played football a long time ago, I wasn't the fastest player on the team, but because of my ball security I got the most playing time. This is my philosophy which agrees with most coaches except for the finger location at the ball.

Ball security is achieved by securing the football in 5 ways which are fingers, hands, forearms, bicep, and chest.

1.) Players are taught to put the index finger on the corner of the ball. I actually preferred placing the corner of the ball between my index and middle finger. This seemed more natural and a better way to secure the ball for me. In any event this is the finger part.

2.) The hand is next since it is gripping the ball. Having big hands is a real plus here. Belichick loved Corey Dillion for his hands. Yes deflated footballs also help, so I have said it, for all you Patriot haters.

3. & 4.) The opposite end or pole of the football goes at the elbow thus the forearm and bicep gripping the ball. I would actually do tricep exercises before a game so that my biceps were more flexible. Flexible biceps = better ball security was my thinking.

5.) The ball is then pressed firmy against the chest giving it even more support. This helps prevent a player from loosening the ball from behind. This last step is so obvious but you would be surprised how often it isn't executed.

This is known as "high and tight" method when running with the football. Also you don't want the arm holding the ball to be swinging while you are running. At the point of impact there are even more principles that I would employ to protect the ball even further, but I think I have said enough here. Just to give you an idea how anile I was, I got special permission from the school priciple to allow me to carry a football around all day in school.

One could argue Butler made a great play. But in my humble opinion Jenkins screwed up technically by not having the ball secured properly. Study the video and does Jenkins really follow the "high and tight" method that I mentioned?

If the Jets are going to be a championship team, they better have good ball security. The fact that Jenkins after the game realized his ball security may have been to blame is promising. Perhaps he and the rest of the team can learn a lesson from this event. If on the other hand they don't take any accountability for this situation, they will be doomed for failure.

As a fan of the game I am pissed that the so called football experts don't discuss ball security and its techniques. Chances are good what I am preaching is old school and there are even better techniques out there. But I have noticed that good backs who don't fumble follow the "high and tight" principle I am advocating. They may be doing some additional things that I have not mentioned.

So my final point is if Jenkins executed proper ball security, chances are very good we would not be talking about the bad call. The next time you see Jenkins running with the ball, see if he is "high and tight" with the ball. If not, he hasn't learned. While your at it, look at other players running with the ball. Next time you see a player fumble, see if they are in the "high and tight" position. I bet chances are good they aren't.

Sorry to have lectured you all on ball security. But I believe this is an important football fundemental that at the pro level should be adhered to. I do have additional ideas on this subject, but I will stop for now because I maybe sounding to much like a football coach.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. Patty cake,tell me..why is winning this argument so important to you? Because despite a borderline of obsessive effort w pages upon pages of BABBLE you have failed miserably. You had a window of credence but that has been slammed shut.

Your team won..got the call as usual. Your team cheats gets away w it & continues to win.Count your blessings & move on before things get heated

ColoradoContrails likes this.