You guys got screwed...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

2. Royal Tee

3. Royal Tee

4. NovaScotiaPatsFan

NovaScotiaPatsFan New Member

...last year in Kansas City

Video, 28 seconds in.

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=/video...1656/Inside-the-NFL-Jets-vs-Chiefs-highlights

The Gang Green's reaction, not exactly outrage.
    http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/jets-vs-chiefs-2016-game-3.87281/page-38

Yup, the ONLY team.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...-for-touchback

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...or-a-touchback

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-in-the-game/

http://www.azcardinals.com/videos/vi...c-e6c5d0b59b2a

You guys are lucky this happened to you against the hated Patriots, if it had been any other team no one but you would have cared.

Anyway, see you in Foxboro New Year's Eve. :)

Yehoodi likes this.
  5. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

I really hate being the first one to say this...Suck a dick, fuck off, go away and have a nice day. :)

KurtTheJetsFan, K'OB and Jets69 like this.
  6. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

LOL!!! That's too funny!

I'm sure he's not a bad guy.

I spent a year living among them. Most are not bad people.

They just think that having things handed to them is their birthright, so they can sometimes seem obnoxious.

They just forget that they used to share the role of doormat of the AFC East with our Jets. They are just too young to remember life before Mo Lewis, TB12, Kraft, and when bb resigned as the h.c. of the nyj.

They have to be at the point where they believe that there's something in the rule book that says whenever another team gets near the Pats' goal line, that team loses possession for some bizarre made up reason, and the Pats get the ball on their own 20.

7. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

The fact that everyone else hates them makes them MORE profitable for the league. The way they will fall is if no one gives a damn about them. Money is in the bad guy i.e. Floyd mayweather. Patriots are in an infinite loop and will forever be supported by the league. I dare say not our lifetimes we may never see them finish under 500

8. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

That is the rule. If you wish to cite me points to the rule book where I am wrong then I am all ears.

In the end of day NCJetsfan, this entire circus boils down to whether or whether not the ball moved outside of his control as he hit the ground and roll over in the end zone. If folks think he maintained control of the movement, then TD, if not then touch back.

Everything else is not relevant as it does not give him possession in the end zone and frankly is white noise.

Lost of folks in the media like to hear themselves talk but few understand the rules and know enough to get down to the key point in the discussion, some did on Monday, most did not and talked about the white noise.

I just came in the add my two cents and make a point of where the battleground is for this play.

9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Haha, thread title gets changed and it gets stickied. I approve.

Cman68 likes this.
  10. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

I am not a moron, but thanks for warm welcome wishes.

I only threw my two cents into the ring to show folks were the issue was and not to get too worried about the pylon or that he had possession when he grabbed the ball initially a second time. I think some folks were extra upset thinking the refs should of call TD the moment he hit the pylon but that was not correct. And i figured if folks know this is not true some may be less pissed.

btw, I fully understand why folks would still be pissed as they think ASJ controlled the movement as he rolled over.

11. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

The NFL head of officials has spoken on the matter and has given his opinion on the matter.

You can find the video here: https://www.nfl.com/videos

You may have to scroll down a few videos.

The key point is whether or not the ball moved on him as he hit the ground and rolled out of bounds. The best view, zoomed in, appears at the 1:27-1:31 of the video. The ball clearly moves, albeit not a great amount, and appears it goes from two hands to his left hand, and it also comes away from his stomach.

It just a matter if folks think ASJ voluntarily moved the ball under his control (thus no loss of control - 2nd possession complete - TD - ruling affirmed) or that hitting the ground caused the movement (thus loss of control of ball, cant stop movement of ball - 2nd possession not complete - ball out of bounds - touch back - ruling reversed). If one is unsure which one it is, then we must stay with the call on the field. (no clear evidence to say loss of control - TD). This last point is where Blandino and Periera sit

Guys, not trying to be jerk, just trying to point out that this boils to a judgment decision of a factual determination in the last paragraph as opposed to some rule the refs missed.

For what it is worth, I am not too much into body language, but when Butler (who had the best view of the play) and AJS get up Butler is immediately waving off the TD and ASJ is not celebrating a TD and is kind of sulking. For me, that is somewhat telling the mindset of the two players, Butler seeing he did not get a TD, and ASJ not celebrating a TD an indication he may have known he did not get a TD.

#251 Yehoodi, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You're quite welcome. :)

13. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Child please. While assaulting the official, Butler is arguing that ASJ was down before the goal line - not that ASJ's momentary bobble resulted in Patriots' possession. If that were the case, he would've signaled for a touchback, which he didn't ever do. ASJ celebrated a TD and the look on his face when the replay official overruled THE CALL ON THE FIELD to take away the TD and give the Patriots possession says it all.

[​IMG]

I get that Pats fans want to do whatever they can to justify stealing this game by showing videos of players FUMBLING into and out of the end zone, but this is a different deal as ASJ never lost possession. The ruling on the field is also entitled to substantial deference unless the video evidence clearly supports a reversal. There is no clear evidence to reverse that call, even using the hypertechnical, almost Deflategate-like, after-the-fact justifications that you and the league are trying to make us swallow.

That was a touchdown and the Jets got screwed, plain and simple. This was a hose job by the league for the same reason the headshot flag gets picked up, and the holding never gets called, except as some make-up, sorry we hosed you cookie. The league needs the Pats to play the villain and it needs them at the forefront, no matter how many rules The Patriot Way breaks or how many times they get caught, and the playing field will never be level for the rest of the NFL.

14. You have become insufferable.We don't buy your opinion no matter how much you harp & beat a dead horse.

The fact that you're a blatantly bias patriot fan hiding behind some faulted factfinder persona & haven't already been banned or worse is a miracle..

Time to head Back to patriotsplanet & quit while you're ahead

ColoradoContrails and joe like this.
  15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

and take the moosecock with you.

16. NovaScotiaPatsFan

NovaScotiaPatsFan New Member

LOL, you guys are so pathetic. I show you all definitive evidence that this isn't some grand conspiracy against you, in fact LAST. YEAR. the exact same thing happened and benefited YOU. and you just gloss right over it and insult me for my trouble. :D

What's even more hilarious is you think the NFL is trying to help the Patriots! BAHAHAHAHAHAH You mean the same organization that stole multiple draft picks from us and kept the Greatest player in NFL history from being able to play for us for 4 games? The same organization that purchased a hit job piece to libel us to the public and leaked damaging false info about us to the press? That organization? If they're trying to help us I'd hate to see what they'd do if they were trying to hurt us!

Enjoy your circle jerk.
    [​IMG]

17. oldrover

oldrover Member

I've been a Pats fan since they drafted Plunkett. Lived through 30 years in the desert. The 1976 playoff game against the Raiders still burns me. Yeah, some Pats fan band wagoners didn't. But this old rover did. :)

Royal Tee and RPOZ51 like this.
  18. Stay classy Cheater.Hope all that hardware doesn't go to your head..you'll be defending treachery for a long long time

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Meh. Lets not kid ourselves that the Jets win was in the bag if the call stood. Was still plenty of opportunity for the the Jets to be the Jets.

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The only evidence you showed was that you clearly aren’t getting enough oxygen to the brain with your head up your ass and don’t understand the issue.

The Chiefs fumble — clear evidence that he was fumbling AS he crossed the goal line. Nobody is arguing that the Jets did not fumble at some point but the video shows the opposite of what happened to the Chiefs — he regained possession BEFORE crossing the goal line.

It takes a special kind of stupidity or dishonesty not to grasp that very simple difference between the two.

the touchback rule is separate from the fumble issue. It should have never been overturned is the problem.