You guys got screwed...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Oct 15, 2017.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Yeah, that.

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

My Goodness !!! Haven't seen so much Red since my last Spelling Test

3. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Some will blame this call on derailing our Superbowl run this season.....and believe it!

4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

If the cheaters don't fuck this team, refs will. That has been the on-going theme for the past decade or so. As such - don't feel bad. It's a normal thing here in Jetland.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  5. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

To the bolded.

I too noticed this note 3 today and it would great if the NFL came out and clarified this note. Although it mentions a slight movement of a ball will not be considered loss of possession. It does say in the next sentence a player must loose control of the ball for it to be a loss of possession.

Which for me read together means if the movement is an indication that he has lost control of the ball then he has lost possession of the ball. Putting it another way, he has lost control of the ball if he can not prevent its movement while he is holding it. One can not say he is in control of something which he can not prevent from moving.

And this is why I have been phrasing my statements with respect to the control of the ball (was the ball movement of his choice or the did the ball move on its own and he could not stop it). Also, it is what I have seen when WR have gone out of bounds and the refs look to see if there is movement which the WR could not control to prevent. If he can not stop the movement he is not in control of the ball and thus lost possession.

Alas, it is a matter of opinion with a majority of folks not agreeing with Corrente.

It was not the best day for the refs.

6. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

It must be tough on you to continually have the Pats benefit from other teams getting screwed.

I'm sure it's hard to get used to. It must be a burden. You probably want them to win on their own merits.

7. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

My only guess was that the ref slipped and two came together, so the ref let it go. The ref might of thought had I not slipped Butler would not have hit me.

I do agree the refs can throw a flag on contact by a player.

8. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

As i mentioned in the other thread, if there movement of the ball by the player then he is in control of the movement. If there is movement of the ball which the player can not prevent from happening, then he is not in control of the ball otherwise he would of prevented the movement.

This how I have seen the refs judge players going our out of bounds.

9. oldrover

oldrover Member

They manage to do so occasionally.

10. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the lines must be so blurred by now, that it's hard to tell the difference anymore.

I feel for you. I do.

;)

oldrover likes this.
  11. LOL This particular Pats fan has been totally fine..which I rarely say.

That said that was the single greatest insult & delivery I've ever heard to a Patriots fan.Can we all steal your line??Lol

12. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I thought the same exact thing. They felt bad for NY making the wrong call.

NY Jets68 and tomdeb like this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Exactly! Moving on doesn't do a DAMN thing to change things. It might be healthier for our blood pressure at the moment, but maybe, as you say, it's high time that we didn't move on, and we raised hell about it in the media, social media, and by contacting Goodell directly. I'm sick of the shit. I'm ready to walk away from the NFL for good I'm so fucking tired of it, but you know what? Before I leave, I'd love to see Roger Goodell get his come uppance from Jets fans, Jets teams past and present and our spineless owners.

I'm not a violent person in any way, shape or form, but am so fed up and pissed with this repeated corrupt shit that it wouldn't bother me one bit if I picked up my local newspaper in the morning and read that an angry Jets (maybe one of the boys from Jersey City) fan beat Goodell within an inch of his life, and told him that if the blatant favoritism towards the Pats didn't stop, that he was gonna come back and finish the job.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

If you're right, then every single one of the owners is a moron and ball-less coward, and doesn't deserve to own a professional sports franchise. They have ALL the power. They can fire Goodell or slash his salary by 90%. They can tell Kraft to fuck off. They can out-vote him on every single issue.

egelband likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

Absolute and utter BS.Take it somewhere and tell it to someone who cares.

16. NCJetsfan

You're a moron. Crawl back under the rock wherever you've been.

17. NCJetsfan

What nonsense and what a damn liar you are. The Pats never get bad calls against them The bad calls are always against the teams the Pats are playing. Shove up yet Pats' ass.

Royal Tee likes this.
  18. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

HE DID NOT LOSE POSSESSION a 2nd TIME.

That was the Basis of the overturned call.
    He lost it, REGAINED, Landed and HELD ON..
    They said he lost possession twice.... on every angle you see is right wrist/arm HOLDING ON TO THE BALL.

We all know the rule for a fumble OOB in the EZ but that DIDN'T happen here.
    Once he regained possession and broke the pylon, it's a TD.

at worst, the 2nd "Loss of possession" was inconclusive...

19. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

20. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Exactly, so where is the proof that the officials saw to overturn the call? It's now Wednesday (here) and still waiting...and the stink gets worse...