Pats* @ Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Oct 8, 2017.

1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Thank you for the compliment but I'm just one of many posters here on TGG , far from one of the best. Its our collection of opinions that make this the best forum though !
    I feel your pain, I'm here in S Florida and endured the Dolphins fans and the worst fans of any franchise ever, the Heat fans!
    I don't blame anyone for hating the Pats, I do but don't obsess over them! Fucking cheaters *********

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I had just had to tell this because it's a bright spot in Hell. A good friend of mine, he likes to listen to the broadcast on 1050 AM in Spanish sometimes for laughs. It actually is really colorful and makes me laugh, too. So he calls me during the 3rd Q, but he was breaking up. I did make out a ton of laughing, though. Before anyone gets nuts, he's a tremendous Jets fan. "Que? I can't hear you, try to text me." It comes through, "Nueva York, Los Patriots, aye-yigh-yigh-yigh-yigh." This is why people of Italian and Spanish descent get along so well. They just through in one or two more yighs depending on the situation.

keypusher likes this.
  3. TonyFtLaud

The invisible running game: I said before the season when people here were calling our backs the best that we were severely lacking, Powell and Forte are not the answer. Forte is old, Powell is an injury waiting to happen and Elijah is far from biblical !
    What can Bowles do,? He is coaching the roster he has been given.
    The clock management , yesterday was on Morton. Bowles had to burn the TOs because Morton takes too long to decide on a play call.
    The pass rush has been a long on going issue. We have been lacking an edge rusher forever.
    Again, Bowles can only coach what he has.
    Again poor play call by Morton to give Brady the ball back with so much time.
    Bowles must address the play selection and delays in getting the plays called. Could be rookie mistakes by a first time OC. I see Morton getting tons of praise but no one will call him out on these issues. I believe there is even a thread suggesting he be elevated to HC due to his brilliance.

I'm not a fan of Bowles. He was bad in 2015 in spite of the 10 wins , worse in 16 , but has done a very good job thus far in 17. This team is full of holes on both sides of the ball but the players are playing hard, seem better prepared to play each week.
    We knew this was year one in a rebuild. This team has exceeded expectations and should be alone in first place in the division. As much as I hate to say it, Bowles deserves some credit, maybe even alot of credit.

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yep; the Frito Banditos strike again and rob us of a TD

jetophile and TonyFtLaud like this.
  5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

HAHAHA, sombreros off. I was waiting for that, and someone delivered.

EDIT: Freaking auto correct. What the hell are soberos? People who don't drink tequila? The funniest thing that ever happened to me was "I'll love you later." "What?" "Christian Slater." "What?" GODDAMNITSONOFABITCHI'LLSEE YOU LATER." "Me love you long time." Bastard.

#305 jetophile, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I agree with you 100% that this was a bad call and should have been a TD. Had the TD been given to the Jets at the time, the Pats lead would be three points with plenty of time left. The odds of the Jets winning the game would have increased dramatically, but its hard for me to say that victory would have been guaranteed. I guess as they say we will never know.

But had the Jets found a way to win this game, even after this horrific call, then could we not argue they were of championship stock? I know this may sound crazy to you, but this was a good learning lesson for the Jets. Maybe the next time they face this kind of adversity they will be better prepared. Its unfortunate that the Jets lost, but maybe the team can become actually better and learn how to win a dog fight. I hate using the term dog fight because of Vick, but I hope you understand what I mean here.

In any case, this Jets team is definitely more likeable than last years team. Hopefully they are in the correct path to be a championship team.

TonyFtLaud and oldrover like this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Your POV is certainly reasonable, but I would still say that even of you want to blame Morton, isn't it Bowles's job to identify these failures and mistakes and fix them? It's like he's completely hands-off on the individual units performances. That isn't what a HC should be doing. He should be knowledgeable enough in ALL phases, not just his specialty, to know what to do, and to ensure his coaches are doing it. In the end, "The buck stops here" has to be the principle.

He seems to have improved, but what I really fear is that he'll be retained and extended, and I don't think he's ever going to be a complete HC, and he has shown no ability to develop a QB. He is the curse of mediocrity at best.

8. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

To me Robby is a prototypical burner receiver, but he needs to improve his route sharpness and also needs to put on some weight or toughen up out there. He gets out muscled and out hustled out there sometimes. IMO, he can be a really good with an elite WR on the team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Agreed, he reminds me of TY Hilton, although Hilton has really refined his underneath game, which is what Robbie has to do. Can't run a 9 every play, defenses will probably catch on

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Anderson is a 4th wide receiver on any decent team. He isn't a starting WR.

11. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

He has flashes of really really great play and his ability to take the top off of a defense is great. The problem is his route running isn't as refined as it should be and he lacks the stature to be aggressive.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

everyone including him knew he needed to add strength after last year. Instead of putting on muscle in the offseason he dicked around, got arrested, and showed up still a string-bean

13. TonyFtLaud

Absolutely the final responsibility rest with Bowles. Morton has done a very good job thus far. Let's face it, the talent is way below average yet has surprised. He is calling plays for the first time and there is a learning curve. We don't know what discussion Bowles may have had since the game or prior to it. I don't expect he stormed up to Morton and cursed him out, but I'm willing to bet it was discussed.
    Bowles was very Rex like in year's one and 2 in that get was a glorified DC. He appears to be more involved in all sides of the ball this season.
    I already stated, I'm not a fan of Bowles and think he was awful in 15 and 16 but I have to also give him credit for what he is doing this season.
    I don't think he will get extended and will be coaching for his job in 2018 .
    As far as Developing a QB , that's the OC and QB coach's job.
    Bowles job as HC is to hire the right OC and QB coach.

14. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

LMAO Buster Skrine earning his paycheck???...this team is back from the dead ahahah

NY Jets68, Jets69 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  16. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

He was all over the field!! Good to see...one of his best games in a long time.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  17. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

18. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Tom Brady not in the top 10 in getting roughing calls? That's gonna cause a lot of tin foil hats to explode. ...

19. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it's a stupid stat. he has a good o-line and gets rid of the ball quick so he takes less hits.

20. So A"well run business" gets multiple sanctions for blatant treachery,eh Colin?Guess Enron always caught the breaks too

#320 KurtTheJetsFan, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2017