You guys got screwed...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Are we done bitching about "The Call" yet??

Jets69 likes this.
  2. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I'm still really angry. That outcome, after that call, at that time of the game, to that team, is just so wrong on so many levels. Gonna be a while. Would've been so much easier to swallow if we had lost by 30.

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Said it earlier. The reason he didn't get an unsportsmanlike was was because he didn't tear off his helmet. lol should be changed to lolpats.

#203 jetophile, Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  4. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

No offense, but do the fans have to mentally get prepared for the Jets to face the Dolfins?

5. Cman68

I am too Jet.. But this shit isn't worth stewing over as the result of the game won't change and the call is being backed by the NFL for face-saving purposes only. Bitching about it is just picking at the scab. Time to let it heal and move on to Miami next Sunday.

Time to move on man. This shit is unfair, but it comes with the territory of being a team not named "Patriots".

6. jetophile

No, we're just getting started.

7. Cman68

No, but picking at the scab is counterproductive too. Time to move on from this buttfcking. Not a damn thing we can do about it now anyway.

8. jetophile

Little Johnny, we're probably going to lose by 20. I hope your head rests comfortably on the pillow. Because mine isn't.

9. Cman68

This is going on day 3 of the autopsy. I think the carcass is starting to smell just a lil bit. Cmon, let it go.

10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Since it was buried in the other thread in a myriad of posts i wanted to make 1 full post explaining why it is 100% the wrong call

Now for the sake of this, i'm going to ignore the 100% indisputable evidence and focus only on what we see in the replays and the response of the nfl and the ref as well as the official rule book

So start with the NFL head of officiating who apparently made the decision

his reasoning is
    he claims that control was never reestablished in bounds after the bobble which by rule is considered a loose ball in flight fumble.

NFL rule book states
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

as you can see he has complete control and in bounds. in other words the video clearly shows him regaining control of the ball while being in bounds. he even has a knee down
    [​IMG]
    other angle
    [​IMG]

clearly 2 arms around the ball pinned on his body. that is control of the ball and he's in bounds with a knee down and a shoulder down. how can he say he never got back control of the ball?

So clearly the head of officiating is flat out wrong.

now lets look at the refs explanation

OK so the ref says yeah he got control (duh) which contradicts the head of officiating but claims he needs to maintain possession through the recovery. his argument is that he lost control of the ball after hitting the ground a 2nd time which is why he never recovered it.

NFL rulebook would agree with him assuming that 1) he was going to the ground while trying to recover the fumble, and 2) he didn't establish possession prior to going to the ground which is debatable in itself, but lets give the benefit of the doubt and say he was reestablishing possession while going to the ground

NFL rule book states
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

note 2 and 3 state that he must maintain control like the ref states but the bal can have a slight movement as long as he maintains control when hitting the ground. lets see if he does
    [​IMG]
    initial contact with the ground, still has possession and control pinned on the body

here is the full video

starting at the 20 second mark as he is going to the ground you can clearly see he never loses control of the ball not only with initial contact of the ground but all the way to the point where he stands up. he keeps it pinned on his body the entire time

So TL:DR
    Head of officiating is wrong, referee contradicts him, both make the wrong call

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

We all know that if the tables were reversed and it were Brady to Gronkowski for a TD, that call would have never been reversed against N.E and awarded to N.Y at the 25 yard line due to a bogus/ripoff/cheat touchback call.

But because it's the Jets getting robbed in favor of N.E, an N.Y TD being called back with a ruling of fumble, out of the endzone, touchback & NE's football at the 25 yard line; the NFL couldn't care less.

What was almost just as bad (two blatant bogus calls in favor of N.E to rig the game) were A.) The called ruling on the field of a clear helmet to helmet hit against Robby Anderson being overturned with flag picked up for "no helmet to helmet". Jets were up 14-0 and the NFL made sure N.Y couldn't go up by 3 scores and B.). An obvious Offensive P.I by Gronk grabbing a Jet defenders facemask somehow gets called defensive P.I against N.Y while rewarding Brady & N.E the ball on the 1 yard line. Then the ASJ should be criminal act confirmed it all; the fix was in from the very beginning.

To me. It's just laughable & comical by now. Just can't wait until Brady walks away and N.E once again becomes a team the NFL doesn't care about anymore. Then they'll cheat for Dallas, GB or Pittsburgh but at least Belichick & Brady won't be sucked off by refs anymore.

12. Cman68

Dude... bitching about this isn't gonna change a damn thing. You're just wasting energy and picking at the scab. Look, it was a bad call, but let it go. Its not the first game changing bad call against the Jets and it won't be the last. We lost the game because of a bad call. Time to get over it and move on..

13. jetophile

Yeah, but, showing each other your scabs is way cool. But you also have to have a broken arm in a cast and then itch like fukk. Then you have to shove a hanger down there when nothing else will do. What is so hard about this for you understand?

14. MauiJet

MauiJet Member

These are season determining calls. Somehow there is this "soldier on" attitude to not address obvious corruption in play calling in the NFL. Bowles and the teammates all underscore how they had opportunities to win which were missed... this is BS. I stand in favor of an NFL-imposed renaming of the Patriots to something which more adequately reflects the swindle we get to watch when the Jets and Patriots play. This has been going on since the Patriots became America's team after 9/11. Ever since then by hook or crook the Pats get ushered into the inside track by the powers that be. The lowly Jets have lost most of their loyal fanbase...this game should have been packed to the rafters w/ green and white but Pats fans filled the stadium... you could barely hear a peep from the crowd after the ASJ td reversal. Did anyone notice how frickin long that commercial break was before the ruling?! I'd like to time it and compare to customary commercial breaks. When CBS cut back to the game they delayed camera take to the official and had the announcement so low in the mix you couldn't hear what the verdict was from NFL central in NYC on the ruling. You get to see a cut to ASJ in disbelief that they overturned the call but the viewers missed the jist of the interpretation. I would like to have heard some of the conversation at the NFL centralized call control....I like having IR...I don't like this centralized call making system which makes the officials on the field unaccountable. This is simply a matter of inconclusive evidence from the cameras to overturn the call on the field but NFL central would like to cloud the issue with all the complexities of the rules which are totally moot. The same way the Patriots had the extra time to prepare for the game by scheduling them last thursday is the same ole BS that we as Jet's fans endure...the few left that we are. I'm so sick of the Newengland Football League. Quit cheating "Patriots".

15. Cman68

You certainly have a unique view of things girl... Back in the day, you would have made a great Morticia Addams... :)

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

It wasn’t buried, it was in its appropriate thread, I’m guessing you didn’t get the attention you felt you deserved so decided to make it it’s own thread.

Jets69 and NY Jets68 like this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it's not about not being over it. it the point of clarification
    um no.. just no..

18. oldrover

oldrover Member

Again, my apologies. I was in western Maine with no radio or cell phone service over the weekend and Monday, so I'm a day late and a dollar short.

19. It speaks to a bigger issue,Cman.Youre right about moving on from "the call" but what about "the Call(s)" dating back 15 years?? Many folks had the same "moving on" attitude about spygate & deflategate.But when is enough-enough?? This is a division rival that's media brigade,fan base,coach & owner take shots at our team every chance they get.

It comes w the territory but it does so bc the NFL,teams & to some extent We fans allow it to. If there was enough of an outcry about all their collective nonsense maybe there'd be action.Maybe we've reached that stage

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. Cman68

Unless the Owners start to speak on this, nothing will change. They're all scared shitless of Kraft and Jones so they fall in line, keep their mouths shut and count the money. We as fans are somewhat captive as we have no real recourse other than bitch about it for a time and then move on. Bad teams will get bad calls against them. I guess the only cure is to continue to improve both the team and the image of the team since as you know, perception is everything and the Jet "brand" isn't one of success.

Jets69 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.