week 6 other games thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by FJF, Oct 12, 2017.

1. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

Never ceases to amaze me how few defenders turn their fucking head around. That was a wounded duck begging for an INT.

2. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Nice that Michaels and Collinsworth refer to how you can't know for sure that they won't overturn a call when they can't see anything, based on what happened earlier today. Amazing how everyone in the world knows what an awful replay decision that was other than Pats fans and the NFL itself.

3. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

ok that was a TD

you're telling me they could overturn the ASJ TD but they can't overturn this because the refs blew the call on the field?

4. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

On the one hand, if you can't get one yard you're fucked, so I don't hate that call. On the other, they needed 2 tds and a fg anyway, and that play had 'goal line stand' written all over it. *shrug*

5. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

since they fail to overturn the blown call, that's the game

Giants get their first win

6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I think they absolutely should've gone for it there

good luck getting 2 TDs if you kick it

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  7. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

Yeah probably. Right call, bad playcall.

Also, I didn't see the ball get over the goal line in any of those replays. That last angle looked like his arm.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's confirmed, Al Michaels is currently getting destroyed on Twitter. I'm sure a public apology will be issued tomorrow by he and NBC.

9. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

he made a half-hearted apology about 20 minutes ago

as for the goal line play, if you stitch it together, the ball broke the plane. Look where he was holding the ball and look where his arm was.

the idea is that they couldn't see the ball so they had to stand by the blown call on the field

so somehow they can't assume the ball crossed the plane there, but they can overturn a TD in the Jets game

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Yeah, but I still expect that he and the network will issue another one tomorrow. Not that I think he really needs to, but this entire world is so sensitive.

This blown replay in conjunction with the Jets call confirms that the league has absolutely no idea what the hell they're doing with instant replay sometimes.

11. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

just so funny where we are today (re: Al Michaels, who has been announcing sports for over 50 years).

Twitter uproar over any kind of joke.

Even 15 years ago this situation never would've happened. Social media is so big now and people are so sensitive, that every little thing gets blown up.

Twitter was infuriated by the Weinstein reference and then infuriated again by the insincere apology.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Everyone is such a pussy nowadays. Are we even allowed to say that? He was putting down a man who is known as a sexual deviant. Not raising him up. And he's getting shat on for doing so. Smh.

13. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

Even to someone who was surprised rather than offended, it came across less like putting him down and more like comparing genuine undeserved misfortune to a man getting his just deserts after decades of predation. I'm pretty sure he knew that's how it would play the second after he said it. I really wish I could've seen Collinsworth's face.

The 'outrage' isn't a surprise; everything is overblown nowadays. The sad part is that so much of society lives in fear of it.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

I wonder if the Vikings would move this kid. They've had a history as of recently of not playing their first round selections until year 2-3. He had 51 yards on 3 receptions yesterday.

I wanted him so badly over Darron Lee. He's in the mold of Brandon Marshall. Big strong physical receiver that lacks elite speed. I think he would be a good compliment to our short receiving corps. He hasn't gotten much run in his career and that's worrisome, but I go back to the fact that the Vikings have been sitting their high draft picks recently.

DT Shariff Floyd only started one game his rookie year and CB Xavier Rhodes only started 6 games as a rookie. CB Trae Wayne only started 10 games his first two years and moreso out of necessity. DE Danielle Hunter only started one game his first two years and was used as a situational pass rusher.

They all have turned out to be good players. So there's hope for Treadwell, who I thought was the best receiver coming out a couple years ago.

15. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Cordelle Patterson though.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

What about him? He started six game his rookie year. 22 games started out of a possible 64 total games with the Vikings. He didn't pan out. But he's a completely different player. Think Tavon Austin when talking about Patterson. And found a nice place for himself with gadget runs in Oakland.

Not sure what that has to do with Treadwell.

17. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Just not every rookie is a diamond in the rough for the Vikings. Young WR have had a difficult time as of recent. Patterson was garbage and still is. Treadwell panning out is not a given.

18. NovaScotiaPatsFan

NovaScotiaPatsFan New Member

Thursday Night Football should be abolished except for the first game of the year, or they should add a second bye week before a team plays on Thursday.