Our fanbase is pathetic

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Oct 15, 2017.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

GOLD JERRY! GOLD!!

nycarl likes this.
  2. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

I was at the game today and would say it was probably 10-15% Patriot fans. I was similarly unimpressed by the lack of verbal attacks I received inside the stadium.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

blow the whole board,bitch

feel better?

tbruner12, Brook! and Freddy Mondo like this.
  4. Freddy Mondo

Freddy Mondo Active Member

Most likely the mikes were installed adjacent to the Pats crowd. That's how the NFL would have wanted it.

5. JulesWinfield89

JulesWinfield89 Active Member

Can you blame anyone not wanting to pay to go to an NFL game right now? Add that to the fact that the pats have a zillion bandwagon fans and MetLife stadium is a joke there you have it

6. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I'm a millennial and Brady has basically ruined my entire football life. I suppose it builds character because any schmuck can throw on a Brady Jersey and root for the wins.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I've been to a lot of games in my life as my dad used to be a season ticket holder before they built the new tin box.

I still enjoy going to a game or two a year.

I know I sound like an old man when I say this, but it's just so much better watching football at home.

Not being price gouged for beer or food, opening the laptop with both fantasy teams and live updates on WiFi. Seeing every replay in HD, multiple angles on the plays. I mean I get you see the whole play developing in front of your eyes and it's a lot of fun to tailgate and throwback some beers with the boys.

But the NFL in general really is way better when it's not a $150 day while fighting RT. 17/GSP traffic before and after.

JulesWinfield89, FJF and Freddy Mondo like this.
  8. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Even the almighty packers had empty seats in 70's and 80's when they sucked

Look it up

First off I refuse to support a billionaire moron family

Second I refuse to support millionaire moron players taking a knee

Third I refuse to support a millionaire moron who get a contract and mails it in (moe)

Fourth I refuse to support a moron coach with no in-game awareness or passion

Add it up

I feel like the same way about the Jets that Todd Bowles feels during a game

Apathetic and detached

9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Hey, move your team to another state away from its natural fanbase and then essentially suck moose cock for a couple, three decades and get pissed off about the lack of home field advantage? Okay, then.

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I bought tics off of stubhub in area where there were thousands of tickets for sale. As an ex Sth I am used to opposing fans but I was literally sitting with thousands of pats fans. Sections and sections of them. It was awful embarsssing and depressing. It was like being in foxboro. In the future I am getting tickets in a section that does not have lots of tics posted. What a joke. Nice people for the most part unlike bills and Miami fans but itcsucked

JethroTull likes this.
  11. JulesWinfield89

When you can buy a whole case of your favorite brew for what they charge at the stadium it's hard to argue...not to mention MetLife is a disgusting eyesore with zero atmosphere

12. JulesWinfield89

This is almost exactly how I feel about the jets and the NFL in general right now. And you can add in I refuse to watching the moron cheating officials make the game about them

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  13. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

It's awesome... all the miserable cry babies stay home and we get to party in the stadium!!
    We take knees, celebrate wins have all inclusive awesome tailgates!!

lol..
    but seriously, we were expected to win 0-3 games. Many "Fans" got tired of the 50 year rebuild and said fuck it..

Mogriffjr likes this.
  14. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

That depends if you think a giant air conditioner is an eyesore, cause that's what MetLife looks like :p

Royal Tee likes this.
  15. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

You make some excellent points.

The only problem with TV is you don't normally see the whole field and are forced to watch what they want you to watch. However with the NFL pass you can get what is called Coaches Film which shows all 22 players in video of a game. Heck you can actually start dissecting games all you want like a coach. This assumes you have time in your life to do this.

But I have always found tailgating to be a lot of fun to avoid the high cost of the stadium. And if you are fortunate and rich enough to afford club seats, now I am jealous of you.

Royal Tee likes this.
  16. oldrover

oldrover Member

I remember the flipside in the late 90's... my Jets fan BIL invited me to join him in Foxboro for Jets-Pats. Lots of Jets fans there in the old stadium. And of course, Bledsoe threw two picks and Vinny kicked the Pats asses.

17. JulesWinfield89

6 tall boys of Coors for 12 bucks or pay 12 bucks at the stadium for some watered down bud in a cup while you watch players disrespect the country? Hmm

18. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

You pay waaaay too much for Coors.

Cman68, Walt White and Dierking like this.
  19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Don’t you mean 12 tall boys for $6? And isn’t it the same as watered down bud?

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  20. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Paying more than a $1 for coors is too much :D:D unless it is different to the shit that we got in the UK, mind I can't say much I once used to like Labatts some no doubt fake Canadian bier, they used to do a one called Labatt ice that was served very cold, maybe that was the reason I liked it rather than taste :cool:

Walt White likes this.