The NFL is a disgraceful rigged league

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by forevercursed, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a gif or video of the Robby Anderson helmet to helmet? I'd like to see it again. It was like the pure definition of the rule.

Reminds me of the Chris Baker force out rule no call, I think against Cleveland (?) like ten years ago. Where the play literally matched the description of a force out for a touchdown and they didn't call it and we lost.

Too many games are decided by bad calls. Dez Bryant in the playoffs against the Packers comes to mind.

2. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

I want to protest that silly call on the touchdown. How can anyone take the game seriously when calls like this happen? I couldn't care less if the players stand or knell for the anthem. During the sixties they used to say anyone who protested the war was a traitor. It was nonsense then and is the same now!

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  3. I should be more angry..but I've just become disinterested.It's become pretty clear that fowl play or otherwise the NFL is all about the Patriots,Brady & their fans & has been since basically 02.

Every bounce,every call,slaps on the wrists for blatant cheating..they're completely invincible.And since their owner,coach & Brady don't show the slightest bit of humility,class or integrity..I'll find other ways to occupy my time.Who wants to see the bad guys win fora decade & a half w no end in sight?? If you do you're a better person than I

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

to be fair, that rule sucked and it was a judgement call and they changed the rule after that game

5. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Can't agree with you more. People and teams will say other teams got away with things but just look at the Pats.
    A. Tuck rule
    B. Video tapes that no one gets to see. I wish they weren't destroyed and we could really see what was on there.
    C. Continual teams and players saying that their headsets jam or hide in hallways so they are not listened to.
    D. Yesterday's call.

etc. I know people will come back to me and say Brady got suspended and other things haven't gone the Pats way but when it is continual after awhile you start believing the conspiracy theories.

Don't get me wrong. I do believe the things I said but I also believe Brady is a great player and Belichek is a great coach but they've had help along the way.

6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

[​IMG]

Not a gif, but close enough. Yeah, Chris Baker immediately came to mind as well. It was Cleveland, alright. Collinsworth said it was the right call when Baker was clearly inbounds by about two feet, and a couple of years later - a year later? - he practically had a stroke on the air when the exact same thing happened to . . . of all teams . . . wait for it . . . CLEVELAND. "That is the absolute WORST call that I've ever seen in my life! How can this be allowed to happen! Someone should be held accountable for this! Cleveland was ROBBED!" I wanted to choke him through the car radio. And then when I saw the replay on TV, I wanted to choke him some more, because it wasn't nearly as bad as what happened to the Jets.

I've really grown to despise Collinsworth. He must be butt buddies with Nantz, because all he did was jizz himself last night about the Cheats. "Well, you never can count them out. Every year they're going down, their defense is suspect, but look, Tom Brady, Belichick, here we are! Again!" If he decided to cut across train tracks with headphones on, for a split second I'd consider not pushing him out of the path of a runaway train. Everyone can say what they want about Esiason, but he was the ONLY analyst that actually had the guts to use the word CHEATING. Oh, and don't even get me started on Bob Costas (remember that interview with Belichick after Cheatie Gate)? And Harbaugh, years later, who wussed and took it back. "Oh, heh, silly me, I didn't really mean that." Sure ya did.

#106 jetophile, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Yep. Bowles can submit a manifest and complain, stay tuned. He probably won't, but he can.

8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I thought we were playing Man Utd the amount of decisions the refs gave them was eerily similar ;)

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Spot on!

If anyone needs any more proof than the NFL not immediately disqualifying them in the Deflategate Game, how about last year's SB? Brady is good, but he's not magical. The NFL was not going to allow a blowout in the SB, especially with the Patriots on the receiving end. Patriots success = NFL profit The Patriots get more calls than a hot sex line.

And what the NFL is doing is encouraging cheating. When you deflate your team's balls, and give your QB an advantage and win, but are caught and then allowed to keep your win, that's proof that cheating pays. When your guys are allowed to head butt and hold, and get away with blatant fouls and win the game, knowing that even if a post-game review shows these blown calls you'll still get to keep the win, it's more proof that cheating pays. And of course there's the Spygate incident, and numerous accounts of the Pats jamming the other team's headsets, and yet the NFL turns a blind eye, meting out wristslaps only if they have to.

The NFL has sunk a long ways since the days of Grantland Rice's famous quote: "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game".

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

11. This is totally OT..but I've started getting into EPL & thought about the inferences & parallels you often make comparing to NFL teams..

If I remember right you're a city fan?? I thinking I'm ready to anoint Watford FC as my team..anything I should know that would dissuade me froM doing so?? Lol

12. K'OB

If you like shit football and teams wearing yellow knock yourself out, don't be swayed by their lucky start to the season as I doubt they will be in the top 10 by May :)

I am a City fan and yes it would be a little bit like jumping on the band wagon if you started supporting a top team, hell I done my time with City 40 years, just missing out on the golden era, now why does that sound familiar lol Still it was a happy day when I finally seen them win the league :)

Maybe Newcastle could be the way to go, talk of a takeover is rife and they are a good old fashioned English team, not that I want to put you off Watford FC lol

13. K'OB

Of course it may pay to just enjoy the football you get to watch, Without bias for a certain team :)

14. I've always pulled for City up to this stage cause their games are readily available & although I didn't have the access or understanding of EPL I have now,I hated MU growing up. Same reason I always pulled for Atletico in La Liga.I see the parallels w my Jets

I'm a fool for colors & logos. I just happen to be drawn to the whole "hornet" Schlick.Also Elton John & Jennifer Aniston being fans also is cool.

But maybe your right.Ive gotten into Bundesliga & anointed werder Bremen which has not gone well to say the least

15. K'OB

Old ELton John was more than a fan and was the Chairmen when they were a shit arse club, under his watch I think they went right through the football league until they reached what would now be the EPL and an FA Cup final, that was a good tale back in the day, not many teams do that, similar to Bournemouth who are currently struggling but it was jus ta few short years ago they were down the league pyramid, Southampton as well tbh but that was a false position similar to when City fell from grace.

Oh I detest manure and all that they stand for, they truly are the Pats of English football, horrible club.

I remember a time I used to have a football club from other countries, ah the innocent days of youth, what is it, wasn't it, small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts ahhh.

16. ColoradoContrails

Well if you don't like change, as a Jets fan you should really root for Arsenal (as I do:p)...they have a long tradition of finding creative ways of losing, just like our Jets. Also OT, but related to the long-suffering of Aresenal fans, the movie "Fever Pitch" which was dumbed down and made to be about the Red Sox, was actually about rabid and disappointed Arsenal fans in its original release - check it out.

Cidusii likes this.
  17. K'OB

Arsenal are nothing like the Jets, urgh, horrid comparison :eek:

18. ColoradoContrails

I'll defer to your deeper experience, but why do you say that? They both have long traditions of being massive teases to their fans, while they always seem to fall short.

19. I like arsenal a lot actually.The name,Harry Kane,their style of play..im anxiously awaiting Kob's reasoning for them not being jets like bc I def see the similarities as well..

20. K'OB

Modern Era

league titles 1988/89, 1990/91, 1997/98, 2001/02, 2003/04

FA Cup 8 time 93, 98, 02, 03, 05, 14, 15, 17

League cup 87, 93

European Cup winners cup (now non existent) 94

How the hell is that like the Jets ;)

Oh and the fact that in all Wengers time in charge they have been in the running for trophies, granted they may not have won some years but they have consistently been challenging on four fronts and then dropping out, this is mainly due to the fact they wouldn't stump up the cash for top players and relied on Wenger talent spotting youths but that started to dry up and the last few seasons they have been spending the cash but the ship may have sailed for them in the long term.