Todd Bowles is Mr. Softee

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Oct 15, 2017.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Meh on Todd
    Only because he has Morton and Green now plus some other better coaches

You take away the new staff and he is same old Bowles ...plus I see no brilliant decisions he has made in 6 games

Positives: He has the Team playing hard every game

Negatives: Not aggressive enough plus should have protested loudly at that non TD call. Too laid back has its downsides. Did he tell Morton to go into conservative mode for the play calling or did Morton screw up

Who knows??

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

OK, thanks.

3. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Bowles has had some bad moments this year, but overall it seems he's done a good job with this team being waaayyy more competitive than expected. If the team continues to play well for its talent level, he might get himself back next year.

My big question right now is Kacy Rodgers...

FJF and Cman68 like this.
  4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Good call, Kacy sucks big time

5. Even Herm at least attempted to manage a game & the clock..he just wasn't very good at it & although the results were mixed at least he recognized the fault & brought in Dick Curl.

Bowles simply doesn't manage a game.Theres absolutely no in game strategy or acknowledgement of the big picture/clock. If game management was a term paper for NFL coaches Bowles would get an incomplete-F.Sometimes your alarm doesn't go off. In some ways you can't be bad at it if you don't even acknowledge it.

This is by far Bowles biggest fault as a coach.I can buy the argument that most first time HCs that end up successful learn things on the job but Bowles in 3 years has shown zero in game ability & zero aptitude to acknowledge or fix it.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

damn you guys were just slurping him up the last couple of weeks before this game's conclusion.

7. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Its just cause we lost, i really now get how embarrassing it is to be a Jets fan now... One week nothing but praise for the team, the next week we lose to the Patriots, a close lost and seemingly to a fluke call that literally everyone agrees with and still bash the HC, give credit to the coordinators and be over critical of everything claiming they know better, some of u guys are a joke. Everyone predicticted and agrees that we have a bottom 3 roster if not the worst in the league. Were starting a 38 year old journeyman QB, below average RBs, WRs and O-line and still bash the hell outta the HC. I swear coming on the forum sometimes and I've been here for a while is so depressing what in the hell do y'all want WERE NOT THAT GOOD, what can u all not realize about that.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

They want Bowles to be freaking Vincent Thomas Lombardi

FJF and Nesquik like this.
  9. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Isnt Tony Dungy a HOF'er? I thought he was supersoft. You dont have to be rah rah on camera to be assertive.
    Its like the quiet dude that shows no anger after you disrespect him in school in front of a crowd of people. The fake tough guy wilds out...knowing the fight will be broken up before any damage is done. The true tough guy waits to catch u alone in the bathroom ...locker room...or after school and lights your ass up.
    No way Bowles played safety all those years and aint tough...he just doesn't act like Rex.

FJF and Walt White like this.
  10. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

My apologies to Bowles. He may be awful at clock management, but he has his team ready to compete every week. After seeing Andy Reid and Bruce Arians make god awful coaching decisions, it made me realize that most coaches are boneheads.

11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

seahawks as well

12. GasedAndConfused

or maybe it's a lot harder to do in the moment on the field then it is for people sitting at home and picking everything apart after the fact

13. ChrebetCrunch

It absolutely is harder to be an on-field coach than it is to make calls from home, but I don't get paid 4 million a year to coach a team and manage a clock. It is not unreasonable for a fan to expect a guy who makes $250,000 per regular season game to know when to call a timeout.

14. GasedAndConfused

i'm not saying it's unreasonable to do that. But it is unreasonable to call most head coaches idiots when they are trying to keep track of so much and make split second decisions if one of them is a bad one.

15. ChrebetCrunch

Boneheads, not idiots. I don't think for a second that Reid and Arians are idiots, but they make bonehead calls once in a while. Reid not kicking the FG against the Steelers was a bonehead move. Arians kept going for two point conversions during Fitzmagic's comeback was a bonehead move.

16. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Until talk shows started I never hear the phrase "game management" or "half time adjustments".

'

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I hear what you're saying, but I for one don't think we necessarily have a bottom 3 roster. I've said numerous times that I think Mac has done a much better job with personnel and the draft than most give him credit for. Look at the good-great additions he's made this season: Ealy, Bass, Brooks, Kearse, Kerley, Hennessy, Adams and Maye. I could be wrong, but I don't think the team would have been playing as well as it has if the talent level was bottom 3. Coaching only takes a team so far.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

easy to say when they failed, but if it worked they'd be considered great calls. don't let the outcome change the decision. i mean many would call pete carrols 1st and goal pass in the SB a bonehead call (myself included) but if russell doens't get picked off and they score, nobody would have said a thing about it.

19. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I thought that blowing those 2 time outs in the 3rd quarter was way more costly. Had we had an extra TO it would have been called there. Plus you just might need that timeout in a tight spot trying to get across the goal line. It's always easy to call it in hindsight what they should have done, but it's always based on results rather than situational awareness at the time.

Besides, it wasn't just time that killed us down the stretch, it was failed execution. We couldn't convert on that 4th. If the Jets did convert, they could have still scored before the time ran out.

20. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I agree. Just because there was a wave of popular opinion started by a few clueless schmucks in the media doesn't make it fact. Nor is Bowles a stupid bitch like some people like to think. Putting the call behind them was the smart thing to do to get ready for the fish. ASJ refused to talk about it, my man.
    A couple of more players and they could've won that game.There's 8 or 9 picks, I believe, next draft, and some cap room.

#80 Walt White, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017