You guys got screwed...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Oct 15, 2017.

1. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

The call on the field was a TD by the ref standing 4 feet away. UInles you can show proof of a loose ball at the momemt he touched the pillon it's a TD. We can see a loose ball a second before, but not at the exact moment, so you cannot overturn the call.l

NCJetsfan, Ralebird, bmfc1 and 3 others like this.
  2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Two former heads of NFL referees say it was a TD, I'll go with them.

Freddy Mondo, Ralebird, bmfc1 and 5 others like this.
  3. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

When Brady fumbles the ball they change the rules and the course of history ... meanwhile ... gaaah we're cursed

tiger8mush likes this.
  4. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

No you've got that partly wrong. They will change the rule, but it will come back to bite us 10 years down the line... because we're cursed.

5. Vida

Vida Active Member

Absolute BS can't believe they had the audacity to overturn that! There was no evidence at all of a second fumble, if that's the line they're gonna spin then they should front up and show the evidence they believe supports it. Problem is they can't.

Only the Pats would get a call like that, if the situation were reversed the TD would've stood 100%

6. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

It was a catch and he went past the pylon, only because the patriot players moaned at the refs so much did they try to find a reason to overturn. it was a terrible call and it would have given us a chance.

But Josh, 35 seconds before the half, patriots have the ball for the start of the 2nd half. Play smart and just ensure you don't through a slow pass to the sidelines at a low height............ Oh Josh. He was great today but that was the turning point for me. also that god awful pass interference call on Adams to set the pats up on the 1.

ah well played well and lets go beat the dolphins again.

Vida likes this.
  7. Vida

Vida Active Member

Yeah I thought that pass interference on Adams was a terrible call as well. Sick of players playing for penalties instead of trying to compete and catch the ball on deep ball redzone passes.

8. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Don't care at all at this point. On to the next game.

Kris 15 likes this.
  9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Seven points and this game goes into OT

The refs couldn't allow that to happen feh

In the Post today the refs said he caught the ball and had possession "he HAD posession of the ball"

So once he hits pylon it a TD!!!!!! DIscussion Over !!

Their subsequent BS about a "fumble" is just a thank you for Kraft.,prob paid them off

10. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

The picture of the loose ball has the player about four feet from the pylon. He clearly regained control by the time he did hit the pylon. Then there is a BS argument that if the ball was loose at that point (calling it a fumble) it is not enough to recover the ball with both feet touching the ground but instead (much like a completed pass) the ball us not recovered unless the player hits the ground and maintains control (before going out of bounds).

Since Tony Corrente wears number 99 I am calling number 99 for "giving us the business",

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Spot on! That SOB should be fired and never work another game at any level as a ref.

Patriot and NY Jets68 like this.
  12. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

This is the issue. Seriously, this is one of the big problems the NFL has today. It's over bureaucratized. Fans come out to watch their team play, to see players make plays. Not to have some bureaucrat in an office somewhere across the country tell them what they saw wasn't what they saw. For despite all the arguments, best-guess judgments, slow motion and still pics, there is not the requisite evidence to overturn the call on the field. I knew when the Dez Bryant TD (and I HATE the Cowboys) was overturned (and it was a terrible call) this kind of crap was going to happen again. And again.

#52 LarryAlRalph, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Even Scott Zolak the biggest Pat homer out there said on their telecast the Jets got jobbed.

tiger8mush and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Hope Al Riveron ends up broke, alone and homeless on the streets of NY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Rivers23

Rivers23 Active Member

He clearly had control when he touched the pylon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Motorcross would be the perfect example. When those riders are in the air the bike may be totally out of their hands but by the time they land they have complete control. If not the bike would most likely crash.

ASJ had control if not the ball would have most likely moved when he hit the ground.

17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...on-comfortable-with-call-on-jets-nontouchdown
    Ah, started to roll on his back. I get it now; but can I please see the conclusive evidence to overturn that none of us have seen? I mean, can I see the angle that you saw? Asking for a friend.

18. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Yup and then combine that with the one that clearly shows his knee coming down in bounds just before he hits the pylon...

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

This is the end result when you demand more instant replay. Frankly, I've been against I.R. since its inception. Use well trained officials and let them call the game as they see it. Yes, there will be some mistakes, but as I always told my players: "If you let a bad call beat you, you didn't play good enough to deserve winning". Further, over the course of time, bad calls tend to even out. But with the advent of instant replay, and its expansion, we've seen MORE controversy, not less. Get rid of I.R. altogether. If you want to use technology to improve things, I might go for using infrared beams on the goal line and sidelines to ensure a TD or o.o.b. calls. Otherwise train the refs, and let them call the game.

dogg and JulesWinfield89 like this.
  20. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

If that's Hogan or Cooks, it's a TD. :D

NY Jets68 and regan62072 like this.