Pats* @ Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The Jets have been a shitty short yardage team since Nuu Faaola left the stadium.

2. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

If they are the team we hope they are (and very well might be), this is inspiration, this is focus going forward. Stand tall, hit hard and leave nothing to chance. Rely on no-one but your brothers in green.

Feed off the injustice, send the league a message of defiance.

J E T S.

3. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

RobA?

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I thought it was a typo....until he used the word again.

Then it became funny.

Sediment...where his posts belong.

NYJetsO12 and dawinner127 like this.
  5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

He's a WR...not a tight end.

I wish he would improve his acting ability.

There's no doubt that the refs would have let the helmet-to-helmet call stand if Anderson would have stayed on the turf and writhed in pain.

6. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Regardless if it was on McCown or Anderson, it was imo the most crucial part of the game that lead to Pats TD.

I don't mind the aggressive play calling and get credit for them to trying to get three points on the board before half time but I don't think that with the right play. I had just switched that one of the plays they threw a bomb

7. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

They should should also change DPI's to not be spot fouls, as any foul that ends up closer to the endzone is essentially a shoe in on a score which the Pats also benefitted from on that bad DPI call on Adams

8. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

I just don't understand why the officials feel the need to make these calls.

The NFL is an entertainment league. Fans don't pay money to watch a bunch of guys try to interpret the rule book like they are Supreme Court justices interpreting the constitution. That ASJ play has been called a TD since football was invented!

9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

It has been happening all season, they seem to favour planting the ball into the backs arms as he is virtually standing still and then they wonder why they have got a head of steam up to crash through for the yard/TD been pissing me off all season and the other thing is the way they do the fake it is shit and it hasn't fooled one person all season either, aside from that the run game is great :rolleyes:

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I kind of sped through the game on tape last night while I was folding some laundry (included our Jets jerseys, was trying to get out the stink - Cheats fans were next to us at the game). That Robby Anderson hit, we know this, but you've gotta be kidding me. Especially seeing it in slow motion three times. First off, the hit was a little late, second off, Anderson had his head turned, third off, he got helmeted and his head almost snapped off his neck, fourth off, the guy launched. How the F is that 1) not a penalty of SOME kind and 2) not a fine?! I almost choked on my own tongue when the flag got picked up.

The Cheats were called for some things later on to make it look good, the Jets got away with a couple of ticky-tack non-calls, but wow, just wow. Then the J Adams penalty when he was the one who got mugged, was that a joke? I guess I missed the punchline, cuz I wasn't laughin'. And, since when are players allowed to scream like little bitches at the ref over a call (Butler) and not get flagged? Cuz, ya know, I'VE ACTUALLY SEEN THAT HAPPEN BEFORE FOR A LOT LESS. I guess it's because Butler didn't take his helmet off? o_O The loss of course also falls squarely on play calling and coaching, but for everyone who was there or watched at home who has eyes in their heads, we're not all blind. This game was a classic example of calls directly affecting the outcome of a game. Take your pick which one, because there were several.

It's a fact of life that teams get jobbed all the time, not just the woe is me Jets. However, I can take a wild guess who gets jobbed the least and I'd probably be right.

11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

No doubt? You'd think so, but the way things were going, they'd come up with a new rule on the spot: playing dead on the field, offense.

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You're probably right.

But the slo-mo replays would be fun to watch.

13. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Shonn Greene had some of Earl Campbell's abilities...doesnt mean he was as good.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Dude. Stop.

15. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

dont forget about the blatant pick by amendola (or hogan) on the third down sideline pass to james white ... there was no subtlety, the guy set a straight up basketball screen

16. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

The biggest problem with the call is they were not reviewing "the catch" he had possession of the ball so catch is complete. Otherwise he can't fumble. Once any portion of the ball breaks the plane, it's a TD. He doesn't have to maintain possession after that point.
    Certainly not through the ground.
    He bobbled the ball after crossing the plane. TD . He regained possession inbounds, TD.
    Again, the catch was completed, he was a runner at that point.
    If the refs want to say otherwise, it's an incomplete pass at worst.
    Total fuck up by the officials.
    Jets Should have won this game and there's no question the refs stole this game from them. You know from the other forum , I don't buy into the conspiracies, the Patriot hate. But the officiating yesterday is an embarrassment to the league.
    Every network, including the NFL Network has been showing replays of the ASJ TD and others and saying the same.

17. I respect you quite a bit but I found this post disheartening.What more evidence do you need AND how many more times do we have to see them be so invincible before your willing to acknowledge that where is their smoke there is fire?? If the deflated balls wasn't enough the destruction of the phone wasn't either??

No other team in the NFL presents such an aura..and frankly they don't even hide from it.Why give a sickening fan base in complete denial credence??

Forget the conspiracies no matter how valid they appear..arent the sanctions we know about enough?? What exactly has that organization ever done to give them the benefit of the doubt?If you weren't a believer in spygate the numerous wiretapping acquisitions that have gone unpunished since as well as the deflategate cover up should do the trick.

As I said in another thread if none of this stuff bothers you or that they continue to win In the exact same fashion they have since 02 which directly affects the team we loves ability to compete..you are a lot stronger of a fan than I am.

#297 KurtTheJetsFan, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2017
    BacktoQueens likes this.
  18. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I don't need any more evidence. There is no Question NE cheats every chance they get. Blatantly.
    They have also been head and shoulders above the league for years.
    I'm a Jet fan and prefer to focus on the Jets.
    Sorry but to many Jet fans are more obsessed with the Patriots then they are with the Jets.
    Fuck NE. They can be beat, have been beat . I'm just concerned with the development of our players and improving the Roster.
    As far as giving their fan base credence , I'm not.
    I have had debates with Patriot for years , and he is far from the entire fan base. He is usually grounded and presents a good argument. I'm sorry if you disapprove of my posting but If you reread it, you will see I felt the Jets would have won if not for the officiating.

NYJetsO12 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.

19. Thank you for clarifying,buddy.I knew you'd come through..still one of the best on TGG.Wasnt looking to call out the patriot fan either..

I got Alittle touchy bc here in Hartford county they act as if the sanctions never occurred & will mock any argument stating otherwise..lol

While I have long advocated for the Jets/jet fans to worry about ourselves rather than the opposition..like you just stated..at some point we have to acknowledge it's been nearly 2 decades of rule bending,favorable calls & the likes..hard to blame any fan of the team for all things loathe for New England

#299 KurtTheJetsFan, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2017
    TonyFtLaud likes this.
  20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

So, aside from the shit officiating, what about the other issues, like the invisible running game and worse, no apparent attempt to do something different during the game? Or the poor clock management - AGAIN! Or giving the ball back to Brady inside the 2 minute mark? Or the invisible pass rush? These are all glaring flaws, within the control of Bowles & Co., so the question is: What are they going to do about it? It's not like these are one game issues either, they've been problems for a while, under the heading of "Poor In Game Adjustments". This is why I'm not a fan of Bowles. Yes, he has improved, and maybe he can still improve in this area, but he's been on the job 3 years, how much longer do we need to wait?

NYJetsO12 likes this.