Welcome New Jets Fans! - Introduce yo self

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Sep 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I liked NFL Strategy

2. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

I f*cking HATE Brady, but he is the best QB ever.

And being a 20+ year Jets fans, the most likely scenario, Jimmy G is the next Rodgers, and the Giants take Darnold and he's another Manning and we will sign Cousins that mails it in for the next 3 years until we are right back here o_O

(SIGH) rinse, repeat

3. oldrover

oldrover Member

Damn... you outed me... I thought I was so sneaky with the cover-up... you know, the 31-year-marriage... the kids... faking all those orgasms with my wife...

Andy_M and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Damn. This guy really is classy. I was hoping it was just an act.....

You should know, we don't take kindly to Pats fans coming in here with a little humility and class.

5. oldrover

oldrover Member

Once a team (in any sport) has been good for over 10 years (like, potential championship every year good), the environment becomes fertile for the growth of a certain kind of band-wagoner fan... someone who only knows winning... someone who treats the team's wins as their OWN wins... someone who talks trash from the get-go. Sadly, our fan base is not immune to this...

...this condition to which I personally refer as "Yankee Fan Syndrome". :)

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  6. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

ZING!

oldrover likes this.
  7. rikj99

rikj99 Member

First Post from me in yonks (ages), but just had to post 'cos this Pats fan is a nice guy!
    WTF?
    J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets Lets get 4-2, don't care for the Tank anymore :)

TwoHeadedMonster and Walt White like this.
  8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Sometimes dead is bettah.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  9. oldrover

oldrover Member

I hate the tank. What's the point of the season?!?! Bump your draft picks up? That's depressing as hell.

And you never know what can happen, even if it's a one-off season.

Dilfer won a SB... Brad Johnson won a SB... heck, Brady won his first before he became Brady, and with a cast of hard-working joes... no stars... just football players. Why the hell not McCown? And why not these Jets? I'm with you, man.

(of course, I don't want the Jets at 4-2 per se, but you get my meaning LOL)

westiedog1 likes this.
  10. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Now we have a Steve Grogan avatard...Please :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Red Menace likes this.
  11. oldrover

oldrover Member

[​IMG]

:)

12. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Same here, especially if he plays 'til he's 45. Hard to watch this guy year after year (and I saw him from the beginning, the Bledsoe hit) and not be in awe. Welcome, oldrover, to the board.

oldrover likes this.
  13. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

This really should be moved to the gay forum where it belongs. Rover might like this avi better there
    [​IMG]

14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Oh, my Gawd, you got that right. And don't forget that you have to wave your arms around, snap some gum, and talk faster than someone speaking Spanish at the pace of a machine gun.

Queens, here. Both sides of my family were spread out between Flushing, Corona, and LI. So, I don't have a LI accent, more like a mixture of Queens and Manhattanese (when I'm mad). My Daddy, though, was pure Manhattanese, and it's really very funny seeing as he was multilingual and spoke perfect, Roman Italian. He never lost his street kid lingo, never tried, unless he was in a formal situation. Which pretty much just meant no cursing. : )

So anyway, I had this really bad habit at the dinner table (and let it be known, the dinner table was sacred because my Daddy grew up poor). We were all left-handed in our house, so naturally, the glass of milk went where? On the left side, because I'm left handed, right? Correct. Well, I'd take that glass of milk, take some swigs, and instead of putting it back in a no-danger zone, I'd plunk it down next to my plate, perfectly aligned with an errant elbow. Pick up my fork, BONK, oops, milk everywhere. Occasionally it would also involve a drinking glass casualty. "JESUS CHRIST, YER SPILLIN' IT ALL OVAH DA JOINT! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAFTA TELL YOU?! WHAT DO I LOOK LIKE, A BANK?! PRETTY SOON I'M DRIVIN' YOU TO A FARM SO CAN MILK DAT COW YASELF!" "But, but, I don't wanna go to a farm . . ." And of course he would lose it and start laughing. Fast forward a few days later. BONK, oops, lather, rinse, repeat. "JESUS CHRIST . . .!" Spillin' it all ovah da joint, hehe, and I can still imitate it perfectly to this day.

Brook! and oldrover like this.
  15. oldrover

oldrover Member

Thanks, man. Bledsoe, even though he led them to a SB, IMHO was always suspect as hell. Great arm, horrible decision making. Seems kind of ghoulish to say it, but Patriots fans (as I'm sure you know) owe a great debt of gratitude to Mo Lewis.

16. oldrover

oldrover Member

No thanks, but knock yourself out.

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board! As far as I'm concerned, you're always welcome here, but watch the comments about the Yankees. LOL Now, if you had slammed the Mets, I wouldn't have had a problem with that. ;) I've been a Yankees fan since Mantle, Berra, Ford and the others played for the Yankees. The only times I've rooted for the Mets were in 1969 and 1986.

Brook! and oldrover like this.
  18. NCJetsfan

Holy chit! I have never heard of a whole family of southpaws. No wonder you're a little warped! ;)

19. NCJetsfan

Yeah, I had always liked Mo up until he made that hit, thereafter, his name was mud as far as I was concerned.

Brady better give a big shout out to Mo Lewis when he (Brady) is inducted into the HOF; otherwise, he might never have made it.

20. oldrover

oldrover Member

Didn't mean to diss your team... probably a result of my first 34 years as a Sox fan being filled with Yankee fan taunts of "1918". :) Those days are over... but a teensy bit of phantom pain remains. :)

Oh, and I married my Mets fan wife... in 1986. Hey, if we could make it through that... LOL