Pats* @ Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Oct 8, 2017.

1. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't blame last week on him. O line couldn't open up holes. They came through on the game winning drive but their run blocking was weal throughout the whole game.

2. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

If the jets can establish a running game and keep Brady off the field they legitimately have a chance. The Patriots defence is not scaring anyone this year. Even McCown will look decent this game. Hopefully he does enough to put points on the board to keep up with Brady as that will be key. If NE takes the running game away it will be a long tough game and I'm pretty sure that will be their focus.

3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

You must be fun at parties..

[​IMG]

Royal Tee likes this.
  4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Probably. Our D would have to kick it up a gear to keep this a good game.

I just hope any win by the cheats comes at a big physical price for Br*dy. No more pulling punches. It's open season, take the 15 if there's an open shot. His game crumbles quickly when hit.

Royal Tee and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Sorry

Just taking it game by game as I see it

Last week I said we could beat the Browns

This week it a step up up up

If we win and beat NE my attitude will change

6. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Besides, saying McGuire has done nothing outside the big run is false. You still wanna see McGuire but you need the depth at RB. So if Powell is out you hope Forte is ready...Unless you can say you know Cadet is ready to move ahead of him.

Red Menace likes this.
  7. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Please don’t take this personal but fuck Forte man.

nicg4360 likes this.
  9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

If we somehow win this game I will laugh myself to sleep

ukjetsfan and Royal Tee like this.
  10. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Jets have 2 more wins than the Rangers, Poe!

Poeman likes this.
  11. langdon1975

langdon1975 Member

Every team the Pats have faced is over .500 if I'm not mistaken. And even though they could've lost those two games they could also be 5-0. They were leading KC even with that horrendous D and lost Amendola early. So it goes both ways.

And even though the D has been bad, it has played two decent games. Saints and Tampa. They will much better than the Carolina game when the season is over.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Based on how poorly the Jets played against Cleveland, I can't see them standing a chance against the Patsies. I say this knowing how much the Patsy defense sucks. I was really hoping to see last weekend that the Jet would win in true dominant fashion. That they would shut down the Browns running game and stop committing penalties. However, they played as poorly as ever.

If the final score was 35-24 Patsies, fans should consider that a victory for the Jets.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. DefenseWinsChampionships

It's laughable watching people act as if N.E is unbeatable and undefeated. These guys are 3-2 and could've, should've, would've etc but they could easily be 1-4 right now if not for A.) Nick Folk (TB) missing 3 FG's and B.) Last minute/second drive against Houston.

Tom Brady is now old. N.E's on the road. Patriots as a team aren't playing good football and we've got fans acting like this young Jets team is just going to roll over & play dead? Not a chance.

The division lead is on the line. These young Jets will rise to the occasion & play harder than N.E. They'll be more hungry than N.E & they'll out work N.E come Sunday the Jets will improve to 4-2 overall and Tom Brady will show his age against this fast and hard hitting defense.

I've seen the best of Brady & N.E of years past; ain't scared of them anymore.

14. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If we fail to crack 50 rushing yards this week without him you may feel otherwise.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I don’t think it’s fans cannot stand success just that the Jets haven’t had much success in the last 8 yrs or so. Also a lot of us don’t see 3-2 against the easy part of the schedule as success and certainly won’t see an inevitable 6-8 win season as a success either.

Beat the Patriots and get first quality win of season will probably change a lot of opinions around here, unfortunately I’d very very surprised if that were to happen.

tpaleologo, Red Menace and grkmanga31 like this.
  16. DefenseWinsChampionships

Everyone's crying about McCown playing over youth like Petty so why not take the same approach with our RB position? Forte is a shell of what he once was with has zero burst and not our future. So Fk em.

17. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Due to life's obligations I did not have a chance to congratulate the Jets for their recent victory. With the Giants being 0-5, I think its safe to proclaim you New York City's team! Note I am not referring to the state as not to upset the Bills fans. By the way speaking of the Bills, how do they go from beating the Broncos and then losing to the Bengals?

I am hoping for and expecting a close game. As long as the Jets give it their all and don't quit like they did last time, I can see a possible great game. The Patriots do have some weaknesses that the Jets can exploit and I will save this analysis for another thread. The Patriots are favored by 9.5 points which I believe is a bit high.

Congrats again and Go Jets!

#97 Patriot, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  18. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

And we beat two teams that had travel issues due to a hurricane/london, uninterested QB's (Cutler) and inept QB's (Bortles) and to some degree Kizer. The reality is the Jets beat teams that are not that great with added detriments to those teams. We were getting outplayed by the Browns for a good portion of last weeks game. New England has issues but Brady & Belichek are still doing their thing and that's a lot better than McCown and Bowles can do unfortunately.

If we somehow beat N.E. then great, we should all be confident and very optimistic but I think people have been blinded by 3 wins versus 3 non-playoff caliber teams.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I am all for the youth movement but our best players in week one (when almost everyone was healthy) were McNown, Forte, and Kearse.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

need a big game from the D-Line to get to Brady. If they do that then we will force turnovers. Then just need Powell, Forte and McGuire (if all fit) to give enough running game so that we can keep the patriots defense on their toes. Optimistic Jets fan, but why not, Jets to win 24-20. McCown is new Fitz Magic, so watch out next year. :D

Walt White and ukjetsfan like this.