2017 Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Yisman, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Sonny Gray.

So much for my pitching duel tonight. 6-4 after psychopath Zach Greinke is knocked out of the game.

Tell me he doesn't look sadistic?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

So it's 2 in Cleveland then 2 here right ? I say throw Sevy out there for game 2 to match against Klubber. Gotta show confidence and hope he got his post season gitters over with . That way we can use Tanaka for game 3 at home , where he pitches much better . And Sevy will be ready for game 5 if need be .

3. Jonathan_Vilma

I sort of wanted to see CC earlier than late. He's a gamer and has been here before. Especially if the bullpen is more rested, I think we can squeeze 5-6 solid innings out of him.

Severino isn't the guy to throw out there in a game 2 that we'll need after tonight's thorough pitching domination.

The Indians only have one guy over 100 strikeouts. The Rockies for example had 6-7. The guy over 100 was Encarnacion with 38 dingers. They had a couple at 99 but still. This is a contact lineup that makes things happen.

They're going to put the ball in play. That's why I sort of like CC matching up against them with his late movement pitches and sweeping slider. Can't ignore the postseason experience either.

What do you think @Dierking ?

4. Jonathan_Vilma

That atbat by Judge was ugly. Similar to the ones he had when he was struggling. Flailing at offspeed off the plate.

The Indians staff has been absolutely filthy tonight.

On a positive note, I didn't watch the game, but I do enjoy reading the box score of the head case known as Chris Sale getting lit up.

3 homers by Altuve. Wonder if his playoff performance will influence MVP voting? It's not supposed to, but it's hard to ignore. If they don't vote before the postseason, they should start doing so for cases like this.

#24 Jonathan_Vilma, Oct 5, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I like CC going tonight. He's the one guy with big game experience who might steal one.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Girardi overmanaging strikes again. I didn't get to see the game until the 8th, but why did he pull CC? Was he laboring?

Fucking A man. Setup to get swept now especially if Tanaka gets tagged early.

I don't understand how Girardi doesn't challenge that hit by pitch either. There's no penalty for losing the challenges. Ball clearly hit the god damn bat.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

CC retired 12 of 13 batters. He walks one guy and Girardi yanks him with 77 pitches?!!??? No pun intended.

What the fuck, man?!

Lindor is amazing. So clutch. He could be a new comparison to Jeter with his big hits.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  8. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Girardi managed probably the worst post season game I have ever seen managed.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

That's almost an understatement. Girardi was down right awful tonight. He seems pretty good at developing these young guns but his in game managing is just atrocious.

Series should be 1-1.

10. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I understand Frazier got a few hits but I said before the game it made more sense to play the lefty Headley then Frazier makes 2 errors...He doesn't challenge the hit batter because he said he didn't want disrupt the pitchers rhythm...he pulls CC after 70 pitches...he then goes to both Green and D-Rob who were still tired from the wild card game rather than fresh arms like Kahnle, Betances, and Warren...then he leaves Betances in for 3 innings when he still has arms in the bullpen like Warren, Monty, and even Sevy...just an absolute shit show.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Frazier was excellent defensively all year though. I thought Headley would've gotten the start though, so I agree on that point.

Not disrupting the pitchers rhythm is just a cop out to a dumb mistaken. There's no penalty for challenging, is there? I don't get why he didn't. That was a crucial point in the game.

And yep. Bullpen management was awful. Sometimes less is more. He'd rather throw a high school lefty out there against a lefty batter than his all world relief pitchers. Dude reads waaaay too much into matchups and it's infuriating.

I didn't see CC's reaction when he was pulled but CC has been upset on more than one occasion when he's been pulled.

12. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

CC gave up a base hit in the 5th but before that I believe he retired 13 in a row..Joe pulls him after a hit at 70 pitches then goes to Green who threw 55 pitches a few days ago and was clearly off..he then goes to D-Rob who threw 40 pitches a few days ago and looks good the 1st inning then brings him out for a second..Up 8-3 he could have easily went to rested relievers like Kahnle, Warren then Betances, Chapman..the whole game made no sense it was like watching a Twilight Zone episode.

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Was going to ask the same thing. Was in the car listening to moe and Larry and of course they said nothing.

What a kick in the balls.

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I have never bashed Girardi , I know many Yankee fans that have hated him but last night did it for me he is an imbecile. He made many bad in game decisions yanking CC too soon was just one of them . Not challenging whether or not that pitch hit the batter still has my head spinning ! How could he not challenge that with 2 challenges in his pocket and Gary Sanchez yelling it hit the bat ? Then on top of this the explanation Girardi gave after the game just blows my mind he said " I did not want to upset the pitchers rhythm and have him stand around 2 minutes waiting on the review " ----WTF ! Do the almost impossible and win 3 straight from the best team in baseball or fire Girardi , he cannot possibly survive this.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

AT least Girardi came out and said he screwed up not challenging that play today even though he followed that up with trying to justify it.

Interesting guy on the mound for the Diamondbacks tonight. I've never heard of him to be honest, but he has a cool flowing delivery and throws hard with a biting slider.

Walks too many guys apparently, but also has an excellent opponent batting average against, sub .200 I believe.

DBacks up 2-0 already against this good Dodgers lineup.

I just can't see this Dodgers team getting to a World Series without Kershaw being great. They have a deep team but man he struggles in the postseason. 4ER in 6 1/3rd last night is not his dominant regular season self.

#35 Jonathan_Vilma, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  16. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

We are watching some sick pitching tonight...WOW!

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Is it just me or are there tons of commercial breaks and they're extremely long? I'm trying to flip back and forth between football and Los Jankees and every time I flip to baseball it's a commercial.

Maybe that's because of the quick half innings due to great pitching.

Leadoff double for Gardy as I typed that! Let's get an insurance run here.

Royal Tee likes this.
  18. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Stayin alive.

Royal Tee likes this.
  19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

C YA tomorrow night !!!!

20. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Possible rain out tonight ?