Mock Drafts

Discussion in 'Draft' started by boozer32, Oct 5, 2017.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Was just looking around and saw that now they have the Jets picking anywhere from 7-15 in the first round. So bye-bye Darnold, Rosen and Rudolph. Rudopln is making a huge jump seeing him as possible #1. I saw the Jets picking some QB from Northwestern Thorson. But most of the other mocks have the Jets picking, you guessed it DEFENSE again.

2. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Its still early

Red Menace likes this.
  3. Dsmiles13

Dsmiles13 Member

I'm not against D in round 1 if its for a beast OLB. But the better value for them seems to be in late 1 to round 2. If we are picking in that range Mac better be working the phones for a trade down and then hopefully target Baker Mayfield or Josh Allen and Harold Landry in 2. That would be a dream right now. Or someone like Jaire Alexander to come in at CB as well as punt return. 2 birds with 1 pick.

4. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

I don't know if its me focusing on Bryce Petty so much, - but there seems to be a common level of difficulty for college QBs coming from the 1-look spread chuck it offenses that Petty ran at Baylor & what I see from Mason Rudolph running at Oklahoma St.
    GMs & coaches seem to really sour on those guys. They much prefer QBs who take snaps from under center & hit the shotgun every now & then.

Boozer32 above talks about this Clayton Thorson guy from Northwestern. I've seen reports that show him climbing up the list. The learning curve to get back to taking snaps under center is easier for the guys coming from traditional pro-style offenses. They seem to adjust quicker (i.e. Trevor Siemian) & it certainly seems that the GM/CS will forego the guy who may have the stronger arm, - but ran that spread offense in college.

Marcus Mariota is the only current QB that comes to my mind that had the spread offense at Oregon & has adjusted to the Pros quicker than normal.

5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Hey Boozer don't sweat it

After the Brownies this weekend we have no gimmes on the schedule

Other than Miami, maybe, it gets really tough

6. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I mean there's a ton of time left in the season. The easy part ends today lol.

If they lose out on the QB sweepstakes, I wouldn't mind going OT/WR with the first two picks and then Mayfield or someone of that ilk.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I've seen Rudolph as an extremely high draft selection in a lot of mock drafts lately. I don't buy into his hype at all. I hope we don't either as a franchise. He honestly reminds me of JaMarcus Russell in terms of his projection into the NFL.

I'm hoping Rudolph going higher will allow us to swoop in and taking Lamar Jackson. I'm on the train @101GangGreen101 & @FJF

I heard Clayton Thorson's name come up as early as last year in terms of his projection as a solid NFL quarterback. It's no secret that Northwestern guys are damn smart. Siemian is one of the strangest cases of a suspect college quarterback finding some success in the pros. I think a lot of it can be attributed to his smarts, along with his quick thinking.

He has a good command of that Broncos offense and while he has a good not great arm and solid not amazing accuracy, it's his intelligence that helps him out a lot. Maybe Thorson is the same?

Siemian completed 58% of his passes in three years at Northwestern to the tune of 27 touchdowns/24 interceptions. He topped out at 11 touchdowns his junior year. That's extremely rare production to even get a shot in the NFL.

#7 Jonathan_Vilma, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    boozer32 likes this.
  8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I looked at some film on Thorson and he looked mechanical. His pocket awareness was slow and his throws out to the flat lacked zip. Some of it might be due to his offensive line play but there are much better prospects that can be had. I still think the Jets will be picking in the top 10 somehwere. What is a mind blower is that the Giants could be in line to get either Darnold or Rosen and that will sting for at least a decade.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

If it broke like that we either have cousins already signed or lamar Jackson in the 2nd round.. I could live with both scenarios. Might be upset we passed the tackle for the guard though.
    And why do you care what the giants get? It effects us once every 4 years.

11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Feels like salt in the wound.