Real Sickening Feeling

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Sep 29, 2017.

1. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

you must be on something --- send me some of that, lol

Don't forget what I said about them winning 5 games - many here didn't even believe they would win 2 and already , they are 2-2 after 4 games...

The D in reality only gave up 10 points - other 10 were turn-overs

#101 BomberJet, Oct 2, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I liked the spike. I wanted them to stop the clock so they would not rush the fg. I thought he should have called timeout before the jags tied it at the end of regulation when there was a review. Jury is still out. I am not convinced either but the game plan and halftime adjustments have been better. Morton is best game caller since dan hennimg. Glad u r not a tanker.

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

He knows it was a fake punt. His point is correct team was not ready to kick fg after play

CBG likes this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Is there anybody who thinks this start isn't the result of Morton's modern playcalling and the work the new OLine coach has put in? The Offense is vastly improved over last year's version and its showing up on the scoreboard and the standings. The Defense seems to have picked up the pace as well but its still early yet. 0-16? no. 2-14? no 6-10? probably. FQB? no..

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

And I knew what he meant. I also knew that there wasn't a spike with a minute thirty left in OT.

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Acad , ok they did not spike the ball with a 1 minute 10 left as I wrote they spiked the ball on 3rd down with 34 seconds left. Feel better? Regardless they left time on the clock for the other team to get the ball back and score should the Jets have missed that kick , that was my point and its not as if I made it up that Mccown spiked it on 3rd down he did and it was a stupid call from Bowels .

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Also 314 , what I posted above,I did get the time wrong whether it was 1 minute or 32seconds or 34 seconds matters not,,,,,,there was time left when there should not have been thats Bowels

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Titans were so bad on defense, they are going to regret not taking Adams or Hooker. That's when preferring O over D bites you in the ass.

boozer32 likes this.
  9. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

The Jets will be facing the Browns next week too, so they could very well be 3-2 after this. This is a turning point at Cleveland. If they find a way to lose they are still alive in the sweepstakes. If they win, then they will very much keep trying to win and get a #16 at best. Think on the bright side. At least they shouldn't be lower than the giants this week in power rankings.

10. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Listening to the Giants fans' pity party on the radio was so annoying. Like they forgot they recently won 2 Superbowls. I don't have any sympathy for them.

#110 Quinnenthebeast, Oct 2, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    HomeoftheJets likes this.
  11. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I don't think they'll get to 5. Winning 5 really doesn't advance this team at all. The bar is set so low that 5 wins will keep Todd around. It will be just enough to push us out of a top, top pick again. But we will see.

BomberJet likes this.
  12. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

If he can't see Hack doesn't have it then we are in deeper trouble than I thought. To sabatoge a team to justify your draft pick is crazy. He couldn't beat out McCown and McCown didn't play in 3 preseason games.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I feel fine. Thanks.

Like I said, getting the facts straight gives one's opinion more merit.

There's a big difference between a minute thirty on the clock and 30 seconds on the clock.

If you hate Todd Bowles so much, buy a billboard.

That shit works!

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Oh you like facts? Heres a fact for you-----> having Mccown spike the ball on 3rd was a pretty stupid decision by Todd Bowels but then again another fact is that Bowels makes many stupid decisions !.

15. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I agree with you 100% on them not advancing at all. If Todd doesn't play Petty or Hack this season, he should be fired. Mac must be held accountable for not putting the onus on Bowles to do this for the sake of the team's future.

boozer32 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think the fast start is based on two factors:

1. The defense is pretty strong up the middle. The Jets have control of the line of scrimmage on defense more often than not. They have the deep middle well covered. They have Jamal Adams lining up all over the place and making it hard to read the defense from play to play and Adams is a very good player so he makes the unpredictable alignments even stronger.

2. The schedule. The Jets have faced two decent QB's this season and they lost both games. They've faced two clowns also who can't get out of their own way at this point and they won both of those games.

Given the pattern and the way the schedule looks I am guessing they win at Cleveland next week, lose against the Pats the following week and are sitting at 3-3 in no-man's land headed into the Fins game @ Miami. That game will probably turn on whether or not the Fins have given up on Cutler and start Matt Moore.

This team is aiming right at 5-11/6-10 at this point with an inflection point towards 8-8 if they find a way to beat the Pats in week 6.

The QB's they have yet to face this year are Kizer, Brady x2, Fins QB, Ryan, Taylor, Winston, Smith, Sieman, Brees and Rivers. They're likely to beat Kizer, anybody but Matt Moore and Rivers. They'll probably upset one of the better QB's on the list at some point during the season.

We've seen this before. It's not quite the exact pattern the Jets have for their underdog seasons but it's close.

17. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

All I care about is that we aren't being burned by 50-60 yard bombs twice a game.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I don't need to belabor the point. Your bias against Bowels is evident. Anything he does bothers you.

Hey...I'm not all in on Bowles. I'm still pissed we lost to the Bills in '15. He sorely needs to improve on his in-game decisions...spiking the ball at 30 seconds is a minor quibble. As I see it, it gave the kicking team a more relaxed situation to get on the field without the game clock ticking down. Remember, this is the same squad that couldn't get on the field in time after the fake punt.

If you think the Blake Bortles was going to march down the field with 30 secs. left and no timeouts available...well, I think that's a fairly weak argument against spiking the ball IMO.

Unless you'd have rather us lose the game...either to get a better draft pick or force Bowles out. That makes more sense than saying that the spike was dumb.

Either way, the Jets are playing above expectations, and some of the credit has to pinned on the coaching staff.

The only head coach I see out there that's worth a damn (and may become available) is Sean Payton....but I also see a need for some continuity after this so called rebuild.

Hell...maybe I'm just tired of the all the negativity surrounding this team.

Call me short sighted, but wins make me a happy. I've been an avid Jets fan ever since we signed Namath. I've seen it all...including us winning the VLT. If it happens again before I leave this mortal coil, well that will be a nice bonus.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The tank is still on. Josh McCown will never win in Cleveland Browns stadium. Never has, even when he started there for 2 years. Never will

Sam Hammer and boozer32 like this.
  20. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Then he'll most likely be unavailable next year anyway from what I have seen so far.....I sure as hell wouldn't tank to get him, even if I did believe that NFL teams would use such a dumb ass strategy.

TonyFtLaud likes this.