Awesome win for these young Jets!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Oct 1, 2017.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

If Petty or Hack was playing I would be happy, playing a 38 yr old scrub, does nothing for the future

ColoradoContrails and Cman68 like this.
  2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Of course you could get Peyton Manning with that pick too but I understand that completely explodes your anecdote. I guess it depends on who is doing the picking and for that reason alone I agree with you as we don't have a GM with any idea at all of what he is doing. We will go 6-10 or 7-9 and take another DL or CB in the first round.

3. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Forgive me Father for I have sinned.
    I whooped and hollered on Powell and McGuire's big runs and Anderson long bomb reception.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You can honestly say that after 2 years of Fitz and at least 1 of McCown while young Qb's waste away on the bench? You're really gonna ignore the evidence staring you in the face? I thought they cleared the smog out of LA years ago..

SOJAZ and matt robinson 17 like this.
  5. matt robinson 17

Blake Bortles is worse than Shitzpatrick, I didn't think that was possible

6. matt robinson 17

Free Petty from Jet prison

SOJAZ, ColoradoContrails and Cman68 like this.
  7. matt robinson 17

Probably sign McClown to a 4 year deal at $12 mil per

Cman68 likes this.
  8. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

THAT would be a pure tank move. He's been so awful in both preseasons you're not going to find out anything about him other than he sucks, which we already pretty much know. Petty OTOH I'd like to see get at least another few weeks at the end of the season.

9. Cman68

Now that would be very Jetty wouldn't it..

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  10. Cman68

Don't hold your breath.. The only way you'll get to see Petty play honestly is if he's wearing a different uniform than the one he's wearing now.

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Relax with the Petty thing, I mean he's going to get some playing time this year.

McCown in this offense is showing the floor of what it can be. He makes the safe throw. I think Petty could thrive and give this offense a jolt when it's needed....but right now McCown is playing solid at the QB spot.

12. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I hate being a smartass, but I was pretty certain the Jets would have the same record as the Pats going into the season. It was after the games started that I expected a gap to appear. ;)

13. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Bless you my son (or daughter)! Your penance is to throw three Hail Mary's.

14. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Right - that's the issue. You could. Not [you will.]

And it doesn't explode a damn thing. Any GM that would base his entire strategy on a blind luck should be fired on the spot.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  15. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The notion that you'd be happier with Petty or Hackenberg getting these wins is a little foolish to me. LaGreca on ESPN radio has been saying since training camp that you need to have every part of a car to make it work. If you go 0-16, you don't have any parts of the car. You are starting from scratch. The fact that we are 2-2, albeit beating poor teams, shows that we have some parts for this car.

I don't care who is at QB, I care that we are seeing we have a very good rookie duo at safety, some nice young receivers, a young TE, unexpected solid youth on the OL and a very good RB duo, one being a rookie. But you're gonna be upset because of the guy who is taking snaps? Come on, get a grip. There are so many promising signs from the first quarter of the season but... I get it. We are Jets fans. We are conditioned to whine.

Try not to though. It's pretty nice.

TwoHeadedMonster and SOJAZ like this.
  16. Cman68

and if McCown is the future, it wouldn't be an issue. Fitz played solid for a year too, won 10 games and got himself a $6mil extension. Now if McCown IS our future, then lets hear it from Blowes and Macc and move on. Maybe they had no intention of drafting a QB this year anyway especially if they still think Hacc can be the FQB. If they extend McCown, then its a pretty good bet that's the rationale behind it as there wouldn't be a need to draft a QB.

There is NO evidence whatsoever that Petty will get any playing time this year barring injury as long as he's a New York Jet. Thankfully after next year, that won't be a problem anymore.

17. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think it's foolish at all. It would be great if we had a young QB to go with all the young talent that seems to be emerging. I've enjoyed the way McCown has been playing, but we can't build around him. Even if he was just five years younger it would make a difference, but he's the third oldest quarterback in the entire league. If Hack or Petty were playing as well as McCown has, we'd all be getting excited. There's plenty to be excited about anyway, but we still have a huge question mark over the QB position going forward.

Cman68 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  18. JetLion77

JetLion77 New Member

Just be happy that the team is not taking bits of clothing off of a Woody Johnson cardboard cutout for every win.

[shudder]

19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I frankly have no issue with McCown starting this year.

Look what McCown did in Morton's offense. If this doesn't give you a glimmer of hope for what the young QBs will do next year, I don't know what to tell you.

20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I hear ya, but I'm going to wait to see his whole season. I will say that he's shown me that he can adapt, which is something I thought he was incapable of doing, and if he can continue to do that, I'm happy to stick with him. BUT DAMMIT! PLAY FUCKIN PETTY!

Cman68 and matt robinson 17 like this.