Real Sickening Feeling

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Sep 29, 2017.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Sad paying all that band aid money to Woody. 2-2 or Oh and 4 doesn't change alot. Its an illusion wrapped in an enigma.

2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

If Darnold isn't the sure fire #1 pick, he will stay in school. That narrative has already been written.

3. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

It’s actually better to see the team has a talented young foundation to build on with “only” a QB and a few other small pieces needed...not saying that’s the case but we look pretty solid with a quarter of the season down

This defense looks like it’s one of the better ones in the league and the offense has been better than expected...not good but some solid keepers and role players

Bowles has had some dumb moments but overall the coaching has been pretty good...gotta give credit where credit is due here

Teams in the NFL can change overnight...maybe we were all wrong about the 3+ year rebuild or whatever. We have a ton of cap space and look to be in good shape for the draft with the deepest QB class in recent memory

4. TonyFtLaud

I agree it's good to see the young guys playing well but the D is far from one of the better in the league.
    We beat two bad offenses . The Jags and Dolphins. Hell the Saints D shut out the Dolphins....

boozer32 likes this.
  5. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

The defense did fine in Buffalo for the most part and in the 1st half against the Raiders...I would expect them to continue to improve and it looks like they’re getting better even if against bad offenses

Maybe we’re not there yet but I think talent wise we have one of the better defenses, not elite for sure but pretty good

6. boozer32

What we should be discussing is why didn't we take DeShaun Watson in the first round. He rang up 51 on the Titans. That's more than the Texans have scored since they came into the league. Another swing and a miss by Macc.

7. boozer32

No he's way past weed.

jetstopgun likes this.
  8. TonyFtLaud

The D gave up too many big plays vs Buffalo and couldn't stop the run.
    The D line has not looked very good , especially Wilkerson. The LB play is pretty bad and our corners are far from good.
    Honestly I think this D is in middle of the league. Sad considering how heavily we draft D.
    The young Safety's look good and Williams is a stud. Damario Davis , I can't believe I'm saying this, actually looks good. But there are still lots of holes .

ColoradoContrails and boozer32 like this.
  9. boozer32

There are ZERO standouts on the defense. I would not classfy it as even good. Its a work in progress and the players they have doing something they got off the street like yesterday. Players like Ealy and Bass. Bortles even ran over the biggest cornerback we have in Burris. Its a bend but don't break D and I've seen enough of those on the Jets with Herm and Mangini.

10. TonyFtLaud

I wanted Watson. Kids a winner.
    Everyone here was down on him due to the underwear Olympics. Read countless post that he has a weak arm and can't throw the ball.
    They neglected the fact that he took alot off his passes at the combine to prove his touch and accuracy.
    As far as Mac passing on him, I don't think QB was ever a priority in this past draft. Mac is hitching his future on Hackenberg...

boozer32 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

You're drunk, right? Tripping too maybe? That's a bad combo Booze

#91 Walt White, Oct 1, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  12. boozer32

They think also the Jets are beating division champs and perennial winners. They are beating bums because the schedule is geared towards rewarding bad teams that had a lousy season. I agree with you the expectation are in in the dump. This was a tale of two bum coaches who the Jets wanted. Bowels got the job over Marrone. So in essence we were doomed either way.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Fans understanding how rebuilding works doesn't mean they have lowered expectations. It just means they are not delusional.

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Yes the Linebackers have indeed looked better and that is not what ills me ,,,,,the coach we have that is an IMBECILE is what really makes me sick

15. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

They should have drafted DeShaun Watson.

16. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Yup. I was really hoping they drafted Watson. Adams seems like a great player, and will probably be a superstar in this league, but he's still not a Franchise QB.

boozer32 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Gave up my seasons this year and buy tics on stubhub. Paid 22 for the tickets and sat at the 50 yd line 8th row upper deck. What other crap u got pal. U ain’t no jet fan

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

If this team keeps on getting better and if he somehow learns to use his timeouts he deserves to be back. Still not confident in the coach but u can’t argue with success so we shall see. It’s to early for that. Cbg don’t tell me you are part of tbe tank crowd. I had so much fun at the game and saved a $100 between tics and parking and sat in my old seats

CBG and westiedog1 like this.
  19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

First off 314 I am glad you enjoyed and $aved ca$h in the process,,you saw a fun win. That said I am not down with the sucking for Sam but I do want the coach gone.I also do not trust Mac to pick the right guy---- Let Bowels attempt to prove me wrong I will gladly eat crow. It is easy to win when you are playing Blake Bortles as he is horrific and holding the Jags back they have a very good defense but I stray. I just cannot see this team winning with Bowels , I do not care what responsibilities he gave up or what people think he " might " change about his coaching style , it is easy to win when you are playing against teams that play like the Fish have, and as the Browns will although I still don't think that an easy game and Blake Bortles ugh.
    Case in point ,,,they fake the field goal draw up a great play , execute it properly . Stadium is going nuts but then chaos breaks out and Bowels has no clue what comes next. They let the clock run down to 12 seconds instead of stopping it and possibly scoring a td or moving closer and then they take a 5 yard penalty and miss the FG----> nice Job Todd. Then at games end instead of taking a knee and letting the clock run down and attempting the game winning FG with little or no time left Bowels has his qb spike the ball with 1 minute 10 left on 3rd down. The announcers brought this up as well as Im watching in amazement, had we missed the game winning FG The Jags would have had time, granted not a lot but they would have had the ball with time,,thats on Bowels------a win is a win but this coach is " this coach " and I think he is a bad coach lets see how he and they look as the year moves on.

20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Wasn't it a fake punt?

And there was :03 seconds on the play clock and :32 on the game clock when McCown spiked the ball on 3rd down in OT.

Correct facts gives an opinion more relevance.