Real Sickening Feeling

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Sep 29, 2017.

1. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Chargers and Giants can't both finish 0-16 either, as they play each other a week from tomorrow, so we're already down to only three possible teams. Between their complete lack of support at home and a brutal road travel schedule (10 AM Pacific games at New England, at Jacksonville, and two times at MetLife) I could see the Chargers completely falling apart by December.

#21 statjeff22, Sep 30, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    Jets69 and K'OB like this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

My team is winning and it makes me sick!
    -Losers

ajax, TonyFtLaud, dogg and 4 others like this.
  3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I know, realize that; but it also comes with a veiled insinuation that if someone is about to step into the EZ he should do a dramatic ballerina twirl and faint at the one. Lie there lifeless, then start screaming, "I'm coming, Elizabeth!" a la Fred Sandford. . Bowles looks clueless, he's terrible. Bowles coaches a good game, F this guy he's ruining our chances! If a Jets fan won a 100K in a scratch off, they'd find a way to complain it wasn't a million.

LAJet likes this.
  4. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Lol, your a new fan obviously, the only FA willing to come to the Jets are aged out vets with maybe a decent year left in the tank, and they have to drastically over pay for them, Christ Jets called Cutler and he retired! Until the Dolphins called him.

5. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

So, if we kept the guys we went 5 -11 with last year would we have been better off than we are now? Would we actually have 5 wins again, maybe? We're prolly better than we were last year. It's just a bunch of talking points from the horrible media that covers the NFL.
    Hindsight being 20-20 they should have done what they did right after Mac was hired. But Woody was interjecting his ass into the plan.

#25 Walt White, Sep 30, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    TonyFtLaud and Red Menace like this.
  6. Rivers23

Rivers23 Active Member

We can't say we're doomed if we don't get a certain draft pick, we simply can't. I'm getting tired of this tanking talk in week 4, it's all pure speculation at this point. Realistically, I think we're better than the Bengals, Dolphins and Browns, probably Bears too. Since it's very unlikely the team will deliberately tank, I think it's reasonable to conclude we won't pick first.
    And decent FAs don't come here because of bad management, not because the outright lack of talent in the roster.

7. jetophile

Double post.

#27 jetophile, Sep 30, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  8. jetophile

"You've lost that sickening feeling, whoa that sickening feeling, you've lost that sickening feeling now it's . . . " What? Oh, sorry, wrong song.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  9. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Who's to say they weren't when Mac was hired? After all, the plan was to go with Geno at QB until he got clocked and Fitzpatrick took over. If you wanted to tank a season, it's hard to imagine a better QB candidate than Geno, given the year he just came off of. Who'da thunk Fitzpatrick would have the year he had?

boozer32 likes this.
  10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Marshall, Revis, Cromartie, Skrine, Gilchrist, and Carpenter.

TonyFtLaud and Red Menace like this.
  11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

When you bring in FA to be the core of the group instead of using FA to be the finishing touches on a young, good core of players, the build is being done incorrectly.

TonyFtLaud, dogg, K'OB and 3 others like this.
  12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I'm rooting for the Jets to win tomorrow. At least until they're down two scores. Then I'm gonna get some yard work done I imagine.

Jets69 likes this.
  13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm gonna miss the live action entirely. I'll be off the Jersey coast chasing Blackfish and Porgies.

Jets69 likes this.
  14. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Rooting for a win from the get go ... I can't root for a team to lose with such a bad draft history our odds at blowing the pick are way higher than the pick actually succeeding so until they prove me wrong I'll be rooting for a win ! at least I could enjoy the week if they do :)

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

This.

Eli Manning
    Phillip Rivers
    Ben Rothlisberger

I know who I'd rather have... :cool:

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for fans that feel this way. For me it’s the same as always. Get pumped for a Sunday win. No delusions about what we are but right now we have a legitimate chance to go 3-2 with Home game against tbe pats. All the other shit will take care itself. In the lot great weather with a buddy. Good food and tunes. Jet game in 2 hrs. It’s all good. Fuck all that other shit. Live in the moment

TonyFtLaud and Will-I-Am-Not like this.
  17. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Blow for Barkley!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jets69 likes this.
  18. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

If the Jets were actively trying to lose games they’d be playing Hackenberg or Petty.

dogg likes this.
  19. dman928

dman928 Well-Known Member

I'm rooting for the tank. Sorry, but I am. I'm almost 50 years old, and for the first time in my life I truly believe that I won't see a SB in my lifetime. I'll take a year or two of suck if we can get a franchise QB. It's such a QB driven league now, it's almost impossible to win without one.

I actually think McCown is a decent QB, I'd much rather see Petty starting.

Sorry.

dogg likes this.
  20. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I can't see it possible for guys who play competitive like this all their lives to purposely try to lose anything. The idea of tanking is bs anyway