Mike M. has to go

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets12, Sep 2, 2017.

1. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

It's funny to me that Macc finds talent as unrestricted free agents, or waiver wire pick ups (Ealy) but has not done well in early rounds (Devin Smith, Hack, Lee, Mauldin). Now, Devin has been injury plagued, Hack is still unknown but he should have given a better showing than he has thus far, Lee is a sophomore and he needs to be utilized properly, and Mauldin's injury problems have left him ineffective. We don't know how the players I mentioned will fair in the future, just something to think about given where they were selected.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If Bowles can show he can coach, we should keep things the way they are. Need to see more of what we saw from the Dolphins.

FJF likes this.
  3. grkmanga31

Yep. If Bowles can coach like he did on sunday the rest of the way I think both should stay on. That's a big IF though and I don't think Jets will get many easy games the rest of the season like they did versus a overrated and uninterested Dolphins team.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Bowles can coach his ass off and the Jets can still lose games due to lack of talent, inexperience. Learning how to win for young players is one of the hardest things to do in the NFL. Outside of McCown, Jets have a very inexperienced roster.

I think Morton is coaching his ass off, you see him getting better by the week in terms of his play-calls. Kevin Greene, coaching his ass off getting production from Josh Martin and Dylan D had a half a sack last week. Definitely want to see that continue to improve.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  5. grkmanga31

Yep, I think Bowles and the rest of the CS can coach their ass off and that translate into players playing hard, not blowing their assignments, and just getting better every week. I think the Jets looked really good last week, I'm just not sure how much of that was the coaching staff over the Dolphins being horrific. Maybe it was both? guess we'll find out going forward.

6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

This is a very good assessment of some drafts choices that have not shown the promise we expected. I think Devin could strive with our new OC if he can stay healthy. Lee is wasted as an ILB. Last game he played outside some and he looked much better. This is where a better DC can get some traction out of Lee and Maulding. Green should make it his mission to turn Lee and Maulding around. Both could be in trouble come 2018. We still desperately need an ILB that can stop the run, does not get pushed around, and can cover the short pass. That is a glaring weaknesss for us.
    Hack has not been given enough exposure, even less than Petty. I squarely blame Gailey and Bowles for the 1970 offensive approach to football, no TE and no development of the youngsters. The last year under Fitz was nothing but a monumental waste of time. Devin speed was totally wasted with Fitz no matter what.
    Had Woody given cart Blanche from year one to really rebuild this team we would be light years ahead. Had he been smart enough to have the HC report to the GM from day one it would have probably resulted in a new, real HC in 2017. JMHO

7. grkmanga31

The Jets were screwed when they felt they needed to sign Fitz no matter what. Macc got hoodwinked and felt pressure not to hand over the teams reigns to Petty or Hack and in effect turned our team back because Fitz was a cancer that was divisive.

I would think that if we don't do well this season, either Macc and Bowles will be gone, or Macc will actually be given the power to hire his own handpicked HC.

LAJet and Red Menace like this.
  8. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

While i can agree with the statement, you know as well as most of us it might have just been a aberration but lets hope not. His lack of emotion is always talked badly here but I think a level headed CEO instead of peaks and valleys is the right approach when your the leader of a team/group/company. Time will tell. P.S I like Mac most of the roster changes have made sense and we are only in the middle of the process

9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

My biggest gripe with Mac is the bums he continues to sign to QB the team. It's the most important position and instead of giving the young guys a chance to prove wether they can develope, he brings in guys who have already proven they can't take the team to the next level.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Yeah Fitzpatrick played us I get it we were unlucky that Geno didn't get a fair shot because of injuries; and I also it Petty wasn't ready we needed someone. But McCown fuck Mac every 5 year old knows we are trying to gut the roster and begin a new so instead of letting the young kids play we have this guy. But he doesn't decide on field choices to our knowledge

Red Menace likes this.
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

And Macc doesn't have the authority to fire Blowes so not only is the GM at the mercy of a HC he didn't hire, there's not a damn thing he can do about it.

12. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

People like Mac after a win, and hate him after a loss. Welcome to the internet.

Yes, I understand that these are often two distinct groups expressing themselves. Just having a little fun.

legler82, Jets69 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  13. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Well that's just sad lol. How is this known? Was this really released?

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Mike didn't hire Blowes. Both are on equal footing and reported directly to Woody and now Chris I suppose. We all have been scratching our heads over this since Day 1 of Woody's World and one of the main reasons why so many better qualified GM candidates passed. This is what a fckd up org chart gets you.

#274 Cman68, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  15. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan.

Jets69 and Cman68 like this.
  16. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

There is no reason a HC needs to report to a GM, as the roles are completely different and most GM's know shit about coaching.

Many good teams function without a linear GM/HC structure.
    If anything the problem with the Jets org chart is the listed Johnson de jour.

legler82 and FJF like this.
  17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

This has been argued ad nauseum. Doesn't matter though, it's a harping point some posters won't let go of

BacktoQueens likes this.
  18. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Right, it doesn't mean it won't work, and the jury's out on Mac and Bowles.

Unfortunately we've had to sit through Woodster taking tiny baby steps with all this, and it's most likely Woodster will never come close to understanding much of it and ever becoming a good leader of a football franchise

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes it was. Where have you been? Mac and Blowes are equals or peers. Both report to Woody.

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I totally disagree. Only 2-3 teams have a nonlinear structure, and those teams have long-term, knowledgeable football families that run their team. In other situations the linear structure is best so that the HC and GM aren't working against each other. For a team like the Jets where the owner is a complete idiot, and there is no Team President in Charge of Football Operations, the linear structure of the HC being hired by and reporting to the GM is the only one that makes any sense.

#280 NCJetsfan, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017