Josh Rosen 2017 Games Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Sep 2, 2017.

1. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Yep, you have to load up the offense with talent if you're going to draft a QB high. No doubt in my mind that Dak Prescott would never have done as well as he did if the cowboy o-line wasn't loaded and didn't have a really legit RB in Elliot.

Jets run game should be good in 2018 with McGuire looking very elusive, Powell looking good, and I think we will add another RB. We need help on the o-line. Coaching is a whole different matter that should sort itself out as the season goes on, with how our record looks, and whether we look competitive or not.

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The article reinforces what I already believe about Rosen: he's really good, and can learn and adapt to get better.

I disagree with the statement that Darnold has the higher ceiling, and even if it were true, after seeing so many players with "high ceilings" never reach that level, give me someone who is already great and I'll live with the "low ceiling".

I don't think we have a shot of getting him unfortunately.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

we won 1 game and you think we are out of the running for the top pick? It was 1 game ... keep the faith!

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Saw both the cali kids play recently on TV and in my humble opinion::

SIGN THESE BEASTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Even if we miss it, I'm really hoping Deshone Kizer starts to turn it on so that the Browns look to take another elite talent.

At this point it looks like it's going to be between us, the 49ers, Bears and the Browns. I think Luck will play at some point this season which will account for some wins down the stretch for the Colts.

The Bears would likely trade their pick for a kings ransom to possibly the Bills.

In a perfect world, the 49ers sign Kirk Cousins, the Browns move forward with Kizer and we end up with the first pick anyways so we don't have to worry.

We're basically screwed if we don't end up with a top 2 pick. Because Darnold and Rosen are basically definitively going 1-2 regardless of who ends up with those picks.

If we end up with 3 do we take Lamar Jackson? I know you're a fan 101.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

He's the perfect candidate to trade up for at the end of the first round. If Jackson's stock stays steady as is, he won't be a top 10 pick. He could get subjected to the Derek Carr / Bridgewater treatment. Scouts over-scout thinking a player can't do something, and overanalyzes it when it's right there to see on tape.

Rudolph and maybe even Mayfield will get more love, there's also Will Grier from WVU, I expect him to rise late in terms of stock should his play continue. I think he has a little bit of Drew Brees in his game, very accurate QB, but a little short at 6'2. I prefer the QB to be 6'4. He's also from that dread spread offense I tend to hate when it comes to NFL prospects at the QB position, but I am opening up to spread QBs depending on their skill-sets.

7. 101GangGreen101

^ btw ...Pretty much that means lets go pair up Barkley and Lamar Jackson

8. ColoradoContrails

As much as I love Rosen, I could "settle" for this if we couldn't get him.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

That sounds like an awesome scenario actually. And then grab an offensive lineman at the second 2nd round pick. That would be a sick read option pairing.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

kiper still has josh allen at 4 on his big board, fwiw.

11. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

#1 rush game potential.

Still I want Rosen. I think he screams NY QB and has the clout to bring us to the promise land. Just from watching him in interviews, listening to him, his intelligence is obvious. I think he has the makings of a perennial top 5 QB.

12. 101GangGreen101

Wonder what tape he's watching, but he could be a high riser during the combine. Physical attributes are hard to pass up on. He's also getting work with Carson Wentz's coaches.

BigSnacks54 and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Tonight should be a good test for Rosen. Colorado's defense is ranked 12th in the nation in opposing completion percentage and somewhere in the 40's (43rd?) in total defense. I can't see the yardage as NCAA.com has a weird setup on iPhones at least. Not really sure what good rankings are, but 12th for completion percentage has to be good.

44th overall in passing yards allowed has to be pretty good in the PAC-12 I'd imagine.

Let's see if his team gives him any help though. Last week was an absolute disgrace from his receivers. Multiple dropped balls on dime of throws in tight windows, and a couple of fumbles from them.

Game is on ESPN2 at 10:30 PM if anyone's interested in following along.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Rosen is truly a one man band. Their offensive line is just atrocious when it comes to run blocking. Not good at pass blocking either, but they get no surge at all in the run game.

That lack of balance kills a quarterback at any level.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

What a dime of a throw by Rosen on the flea flicker. He got the ball there 40+ yards in the air effortlessly.

Showed good presence of mind to get his offense to the line to avoid the review on a possible drop. We never see that out of the Jets.

To piggyback on the poor offensive line play, they just spoke about how undersized Colorado's defense is.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Great throw. Kid can ball.

Side note: why the hell is Lasley wearing a hoodie?

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Rosen locking on to his receivers worries me. I'm hoping it's just because he relies on some pre snap reads because he's always under pressure. He hasn't moved his eyes well the past couple games.

Definitely has a big arm though and good footwork. He can make all the throws with ease.

18. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

19. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Why does everyone think the Bills want to pick a QB? That have a pretty decent one right now that's proven he can win games in this league.

20. ColoradoContrails

Thanks for the film! I still like what I see. He's not perfect, but he has the raw tools and I like his "winner's mentality" - he'd be perfect for the Jets. Sadly, I don't think we get him.