CTE found in 99% of deceased NFL players brains

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

And just like every boycott, people will say they'll not watch but we all know they will.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

2. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Ratings were actually up last week

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

4. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Thats because these people dont know how to factor in the internet. Ratings are the same as last year no worse.

5. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

ok, if you say so

6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Thats a fact. They still use Neilson ratings when trying to gather this information.

7. By & large your right but I hear more & more people everyday disgusted w the league's PR,player conduct & a crooked villain winning every single year.

There are always controversies,selfish players & teams people don't like..but this is undeniable..maybe it's social media or collateral damage of larger political tensions..nonetheless if the league & all its subsidiaries continue to make PR mistakes there will be consequences within ratings & revenue

8. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Boycott of week 10 sounds good so I can pick up some nice tickets on the cheap for the game in Tampa

9. The Waterboy

The ratings that matter were down, advertisers aren't going to pay for people watching on the internet, they may see the commercials but no way to verify numbers. When you are writing advertising contracts it is what you can verify that matters.
    Set meters are attached to televisions and if that person is streaming to 1000's of others it will still record only 1 viewer. Do you think those that keep viewer diaries are the type that watch games online?

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I work for a large company so I have a ton of coworkers. And I've heard as of recently a lot of coworkers stating that their family members or friends are really done with the NFL.

If the ratings keep going down I could certainly see the NFL start to do something about the kneeling. They are afterall the players employer. If they were to ever deem it conduct detrimental to the league, they are well within their right to fine the players for doing so.

I can't see it happening because there would be mutiny, especially right now. But I could see it happening in the future. You really think NFL players, whose average career length is 2.7 years, will sit out games and miss game checks over this? Nooooo waaaaay.

11. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Amazon just signed a huge deal to broadcast Thursday night games, so obviously advertisers are. Its already been proven that more and more people are watching streams than ever before. Its not really an opinion or up for debate. With thw rise of the internet people no longer have to settle for whatever local game is being broadcast. So if youre a broncos fan in Florida, you dont have yo watch the dolphins you can stream the broncos game.

12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Only fair weather fans say that. You havent stopped watching have you? The same people who say this are the same people who watch casually as a crowd fan or inconsistently so they wont affect anything.

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Directv is offering refunds for anyone who wants to cancel their direct ticket due to the protests. Per WSJ

14. The Waterboy

You said ratings were the same and that they used Neilsen ratings to gather information on people watching on the internet. They may count people watching on the network website that airs the game but as I already mentioned, one person streaming the games to thousands is counted as 1 viewer.

Do you really think they count every person watching Blabseal's stream? How do you think they would accomplish that? And even streaming that they can't track, if it does not show all the original commercials they don't count it as part of their ratings, that is separate.

And my statement that advertisers were not going to pay for people that watch on the internet was meaning people that watch that are not counted, meaning most. How do they know I watched the game on Vipbox.eu or on a stream from reddit? Anyway here is an article discussing how ratings are down, I guess that was all that was needed to dispute your assertion that ratings aren't down.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...fl-player-protests-hurting-ratings/703619001/

15. The Waterboy

Ratings are down 10% from 1st 3 weeks of last season, which were down 8% from the season before. That is a fact according to Neilsen ratings.

Fair weather fans or not, they are viewers, which effects how much the networks can charge for advertising which will effect negotiations next time the contract is up.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I laugh at the ratings discussion. People are going to make the most popular thing on American television by far, slightly less popular, and they are going to tell everyone about it lol

that'll show em!

17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

You didnt dispute anything. The nfl knows people are watching streams, they simply can't count everyone but the streaming viewers have increased enough that it compensates for the decrease in tv. Thisbwas discussed all last year.

That being said, advertisers already place a faith in the NFL no matter what. Theyre not changing that policy because no matter what anyone claims, the NFL and advertisers know they will always be fine. Hence again like i said, Amazon pays the NFL a large sum to broadcast Thursday night games, which have historically low ratings consistently.

18. The Waterboy

19. zace

zace Well-Known Member

http://adage.com/article/media/nfl-anthem-protests-effect-ratings/310629/

20. zace

zace Well-Known Member

You can argue all day but im right. The ratings are consistent and really are consistent with last season. Nothings changed