Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. franzman9

franzman9 Member

I was at the game yesterday.... this dude was getting the ENTIRE stadium pumped up. He goes 150% every play.

We finally hit on a true leader/playmaker...

2. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Great thread.

Jets81, NYJFOREVER, jetsclaps and 2 others like this.
  3. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

He'll be an All Pro several times over. I say next year Pro Bowl...2019 All Pro.

4. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

I can only assess what I see. What I saw was missed ankle tackles. Believe me guys my handle tells you how long I have struggled with this franchise, i want them to do well, but in those 3 pre season games he wasnt bringing it.

I hope I was wrong, but I was definitely right about what I saw.
    I'm still not sold though...although he is doing his job now I'm looking for turnovers...interceptions, sacks, strips, fumble recoveries etc.

I guess you are convinced that Demario Is the next Ray Lewis huh. I hope so...but agian...im looking for big plays.
    Doing your job is great...Mo is doing his job...Williams is doing his job...but none of them are making big game changing plays. I guess that new kid Roberts could have been a first rounder too the way he played Sunday huh...

5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

He was all over the field on Sunday.

6. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

And what was that? A rookie adjusting to the NFL?

The guy looks like a potential star. Let it go.

7. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

He was like an escaped mental patient out there the other day. Just running around trying to make every tackle and playing with an unnatural level of energy. I had no idea he was like that when we drafted him.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

let it go, you were in the wrong. First it was "oh he couldn't tackle" now "it's where is the turnovers" eventually you'll be asking him why he's not throwing any touchdown passes.

Anyway, this is a great safety class for sure, glad we picked up some good prospects. Hooker is balling over in Indy, but I think we got 2 very good safeties.

Jonathan_Vilma, ajax, LAJet and 3 others like this.
  9. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

He recorded a sack on Sunday. Did you watch?

FJF likes this.
  10. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Some people want Adams to single handedly atone for every bad draft pick the Jets have made. Guy may already be the best player on this team and folks are still not happy.

11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

He did cause a fumble but Jay Cutler recovered it, so take that one off the list.

12. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Obvious troll thread, shit should just be closed.

13. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

To be fair, Adams IS an ankle diver. It's the ugly side of his game. He's still a great player but let's not pretend there's nothing he can improve on.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

14. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

The best way to tackle is to cut them down below the knees, the problem Adams has is that he doesn't wrap up.

xxedge72x likes this.
  15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Listen, it's ok to be wrong, happens to people all the time. Hell, it almost happened to me once,as it turned out I was mistaken. But what's worse than being wrong is doubling down on the wrong. Man up, admit you were wrong and move on

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Those in here that do not believe Adams was an absolute steal for us and a perennial all pro bowler in the making are either watching a different team on they are in major denial. I have not seen rookie safety play like that for the Jets since time memorial. This guys ceiling is huge.
    We can pick on Mac all day long, but so far in 2017, Adam, Maye, Steward, Elijah....not too shabby. Now, lets see if Petty is for real or not soon, as in real soon. We can ill afford not establish if he is part of the future plans or not.
    I know it sounds terrible, but I rather take my lumps and may be tank with Petty, than to win a couple of extra games with McCown. We would be in exactly the same boat as this year come 2018. Totally unacceptable.

17. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Calvin Pryor had some decent games against Gronk and others his rookie year and you see where he’s at now so just hold your horses people on your future pro bowl or hall of famer talk. Typical of Jet fans to talk their players up as the second coming but be the first to rip them when they don’t exceed expectations. Just let the year play out and don’t put too much pressure on the kid.

fansince90 likes this.
  18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Maye tackles similar too...maybe it's a thing they were taught since coming aboard?

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Adams needs to wrap up sometimes, but players do not like contact around the knee. That is something to always consider in today's league.

20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I hear you. You are not alone.

In this day and age, any 1st round pick should start playing like a Hall of Fame level players from day 1. Or else. [Yes. That means he's a fucking bust. I agree with your sentiment. Jets just suck at draft.]

That's when injuries occur.

Dustin Keller would love to hear what you just said.

[In an interview, he personally said "I don't mind hard hits coming up high, but don't cut me." In other occasions, Matt Slauson cut Brian Cushing from behind, busting his knee. I'd approve below-the-knee tackle if the defender is trying to make a shoestring tackle. Nothing else.]

101GangGreen101 likes this.