Jags @ Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Well the Jags don't have Allen Robinson so their offense isn't as good. What they did do though against the Ravens was Bortles did well with Hurns, Lee and their TE (name escapes me). Fournette hasn't had that breakout game so they will look to continue to pound the rock with him.

Their defense has been GOOD. Their corners are the very stingy. Ramsey is off to a start that he's possibly the best at his positions so far, while Bouye has been good as well. This will be a big test for this new passing offense to see what they can do. Jets will have to get that run game going...that means Powell/McGuire will need to be big this game.

2. Rivers23

Rivers23 Active Member

I didn't watch the Jags prior to the London game. I think we can safely disregard that game, London is basically their home turf, they know how to prepare and play well there, compared to the Ravens that played there for the first time. I would say they are beatable, if you're rooting for a win.

3. JulesWinfield89

JulesWinfield89 Active Member

Glad I own Fournette in fantasy

Jets69 and Royal Tee like this.
  4. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I wanted Fournette bad... I pictured him falling to us and having a 1500+ yds RB for the next 6-8 years.
    This kid Adams is a keeper ..lol

The Jags are good but a few hits on Bottles and he won't see straight. Smash and grab baby! Let's get #2!

donkey likes this.
  5. JulesWinfield89

JulesWinfield89 Active Member

I wanted dalvin more even

legler82 and Royal Tee like this.
  6. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I don't see how we can keep Fournette down honestly. He has better hip movement and acceleration than pretty much every back in the league. But at least we don't have to work about Bortles connecting on many passes. He's almost as accurate as Hackenberg is.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I love Fournette. He's an incredible talent. It's a shame he was drafted by such a boring team as Jacksonville

pdxdrew likes this.
  8. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Marcades Lewis...he may terrorize Lee/Davis as they can't cover TE's usually.

Royal Tee and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

There's going to be a lot Mayes single high with Adams in the box. If the lbs are disciplined and stick to their gaps they can contain fournette,hopefully. Trying not to get too pumped up after that win but the team showed it can be good.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  10. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

It's all gonna come down to who makes the first error on offense. Both defenses are pretty good.

11. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I think the Jags definitely have a better roster, top to bottom.

But, if Bortles was my starting QB, there is not a road game in the NFL I would be particularly confident about. He's pretty mediocre. The Jets deserve to be underdogs, but also definitely have a puncher's chance. I think their defense is going to handle our offense. For us to win, I think we need to turn Bortles over and control their running game.

12. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

The Jets defense is still an enigma to me. I can't call them "pretty good" just yet. They were dominant against Miami, but putrid in Oakland and Buffalo. I honestly have no idea what to expect.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Eh, but that boring team is really a good quarterback away from being really good. And he's the center piece of the offense right now. They don't have much ammo to move up in the draft, but don't be surprised if they make a play for Kirk Cousins or maybe even Brees as a bridge to a young quarterback.

I don't think they view Bortles as any sort of franchise quarterback. Their roster is built to win now and they probably have the best cornerback duo in the NFL. Kirk Cousins would be awesome there.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

I think with these two safeties, the days of us trying to cover tightends with linebackers is over. Runningbacks are unfortunately a different story, but Fournette nor Ivory or Yeldon are good pass receivers.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Who needs a FQB? Lets aim high.. 6-10!! Go Jets

Royal Tee and Jets69 like this.
  16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

That's the spirit.!!!!

17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

fournette is a very underrated reciever

18. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Don't worry well lose in typical Jets fashion, now that people have their expectations high after a win, all this positive will go negative, fire everyone... TANK blah blah

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Eh, he's not really smooth with his hips as a pass catcher. He's underrated in the sense that if you get him the ball with the space to make some moves and get his momentum going, he'll run people over as if he was a runningback.

But he's not going to run good routes that burn players covering him, or run real crisp out routes or middle of the field zig zags to get defenders off of him. He can definitely run and catch a swing pass against a zone defense that turns him immediately into a runningback.

He's again comparable to Adrian Peterson in this sense.

20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

very few RBs can do that. jsut like very few LBers can cover lol maybe sproles or woodhead or forte in his heyday or LT but in general a guy like fournette who has good hands and can make yards after the catch can be hard to cover in the pass game