zero foresight

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 24, 2017.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You don't think a player like Stewart would help the Jets win games? Relying on vets is what got Bowles into this mess in the first place. Sometimes you have to rely on the better player.

2. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I think Stewart can deff win games, I’m not sure Bowles feels the same way. Bowles seems to rely on veterans till the wheels fall off. His decisions from last season back that up as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gajetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm just saying that it's possible, not that it's likely. I'll sign up for that too, but am not gonna hold my breath. I do think that some of them will develop and pan out and that Mac not only isn't nearly as bad as many here try to paint him, but is actually pretty darned good.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

relax folks......1-15 will do it!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don't think he was getting at that. I think he was getting at it's Bowles thought process that the veteran always belongs on the field over the rookie.

It's kind of ironic because wasn't Kerley always in Bowles & Gailey's dog house? For the immortal Chris Owusu and Kenbrell Tompkins.

"Gailey's receiver need height in this system."

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Every year Cleveland picks Number one or number two. Every freaking year they literally have a top pick at QB.....and every year they suck. That is not the model I want the Jets to follow.
    Luck fell into the lap of Indianapolis in an absolute stroke of luck. That rarely happens. Meantime with him at the helm they have done squat to move that team in the right direction. That is not the model either.
    Look at a perennial winner, and follow that model. They don't tank for shit. And they still manage to get FQB all the time.

Will-I-Am-Not likes this.
  7. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Bowles is a variable this season that is making me very nervous...He might think that by getting us to 6 wins he'll be coaching his ass off.

BomberJet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

It was usually on Gailey, yeah he did prefer bigger receivers. Gotta put that on Bowles too for sure. Burris last year, though he may not be as good as indicated. Hopefully, Stewart gets more then 5 snaps going forward.

9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

That's right,

Let's trade all our first and second round picks for like 7 5th and 6th rounders lmao

The only person that makes magic at rounds 5-10 are the Pats who do it every year because BB knows what he's doing

But even Belli would never part with a first or second rounder if they were somehow handed to him after winning a SB

10. JulesWinfield89

JulesWinfield89 Active Member

We were never gonna get a top 3 pick this team always wins enough games to get a meaningless draft pick. And even if we did what the hell does it matter seriously ? I'd take the 32nd pick if it meant we could have a new owner

11. NYJetsO12

Completely understandable that his job is attached to winning

But I am real sorry..Iam more interested in the long range improvement of the team i.e. A FQB (more losses)

Bowles is like a guy that just woke up from extended nap time and he needs to save himself...sheesh

12. JulesWinfield89

Here's a stupid question: why does anyone have faith that whoever we wind up drafting won't be a disappointment? The only great draft pick we've had in my lifetime is Revis, and not one good player on offense to speak of

Whatever happens happens. I won't get fooled again

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

If he gets to 6 wins he did coach his ass off

JulesWinfield89 likes this.
  14. NYJetsO12

From what I recall Luck was a top pick just like Winston Marriotta and C Wentz

Tell me this team could not use one of them right now???

Here's a thought for ya : what if the Browns beat the Jets in 2 weeks?? Then it's not such a shabby rebuild is it?

15. JulesWinfield89

FWIW I'd rather have baker mayfield than anyone else and he won't be taken before Rosen or Sam

16. Endlessly Counting

It's a risky proposition if he's not in on this tanking thing

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. Endlessly Counting

True, except that 6-10 will have us lined up nicely to pick another underachieving defensive lineman or an undersized ILB

Cman68 likes this.
  18. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

To all of the tank commanders on this message board who want us to land the ever-elusive franchise QB above all else: I hear you. I really do. From a purely logical point of view, a very good argument can be made that going 1-15 is the best thing for us, in the long run.

I can only think of two legitimate counterpoints:

1) After a franchise QB, the next most important person in an NFL organization is the head coach. Ideally, to be a good, perennial playoff contender for years and years to come, you want a franchise QB and a top tier head coach. Obviously, the win yesterday did nothing to help us land a franchise QB. But, maybe, just maybe, it was a critical step in the right direction for Mr. Bowles. With about as much negativity as I can ever remember surrounding this franchise (which, as we all know, really is saying something), Bowles had his team ready to play a complete game in all three phases, and as a result, they dominated (and ultimately, embarrassed) a hated division rival.

In the interest of frankness, I am not a believer in Bowles long term. I think he has major, major, major (underline the word major 47 times) flaws as a head coach. But, at the same time, I would never say that there is NO chance he becomes a good coach. I think the odds are he won't ever be the coach we want him to be, but there is certainly a nonzero probability that I (and, by extension, most people on this message board) are wrong. So, one way that I justify the win yesterday is that it improved (if only ever so slightly) the very tiny chance that Bowles becomes a top tier head coach one day.

2) Our roster is loaded with young, developing players. Even though the quarterback who led us to victory yesterday is a 38 year old journey man, the vast majority of the rest of the key contributors from yesterday's win are young guys who could (theoretically) be a part of a contending Jets team in the somewhat distant future. It may sound cliche, but it's important for those guys to build a winning culture. It really is. If this team exceeds expectations this year and some of those guys play well in the process, that really does wonders for our rebuild. The more talented young players that we have who learn how to win, the better.

MoWilkBeast and LAJet like this.
  19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

NY. I'm not at all against drafting a QB. No question I would take any of them. I however think intentional tanking is a pipe dream. Furthermore when it comes to Cleveland they have been picking at the top for ever. Not much to show for it, most notably at the QB position. They have become competitive, but still bottom tier, like us.

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i think i found the o.p.
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jets fans who don’t want to tank are legitimately the dumbest fans in all of sports. This one is for you MORONS <a href="https://t.co/8lBfK9m765">pic.twitter.com/8lBfK9m765</a></p>&mdash; KFC (@KFCBarstool) <a href="">September 25, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>