Jags @ Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Sep 25, 2017.

1. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

HUGE win at home against the Fish, now let's get our first winning streak going.

Closing out the first quarter 2-2 will give us the momentum we need to make a playoff run. Can we shut down an offense that just put up 44 points? If our defense plays like they did yesterday, I think the answer is yes!

2. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Let's get to 500! Go Jets!

DSL97 likes this.
  3. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Jags offense seem mediocre.

Jags Defense seems to be for real with Coughlin and Marone now in their organization, that's where my concern lies

4. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I'll take another game where Bowles coached well and the players played fast, smart, and good overall but with a different result. Can't afford to keep winning meaningless games against bottom feeder competition if we want to land a Darnold or Rosen....

Number 10 and Peebag like this.
  5. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

This is not going to be an easy game with that Jags D. Their D played lights out weeks 1 and 3, and for the first half of week 2 (and then the Titans lit them up).

Pass protection is going to be huge for this game, as the Jags can really get after the QB. At least the offense is not scary at all. Honestly, both the Jags and Jets are built similar: rely on strong defense, and hope that your offense doesn't screw up
    Neither team is built to come back from being down 14+ pts.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  6. grkmanga31

Woulnd't be shocked if its a 3 point game - can go either way. Both teams are similar, they have a better defense IMO, we have a better offense. Depending on which Bortles shows up will be the deciding factor.

tbruner12 likes this.
  7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I've been wavering back and forth about this game. Pre-season, on paper, I had this game as a definite win for the Jets.
    Watching the Jags' defensive performances this season leading into the 1PM Jets/Fins game, I couldn't see the Jets winning.
    Post Jets/Dolphins game, I believe either team can win.

This should be a great football game to watch. Now I'm planning to go to the stadium this weekend.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jags defense is scary as shit, and Fournette will be a tough task. Can the Jets get to Bortles and generate some turnovers?

9. grkmanga31

Think that's the key, will Bortles play like ass or will he look like a stud like he did versus the Ravens. Fournette may make Lee and Davis look awful if he reached the second level.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

We're in a win-win situation; we'll either be 1-3 and in the running for a top tier draft pick, or we'll be 2-2 and within the thick of the AFC hunt after 4 weeks.

Patriot likes this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

Blitz, blitz, blitz all game long. Jags don't have a great receiving corps with Robinson out. But urgh just thinking about our inside linebackers against Fournette, it's going to get ugly

The Dark Knight likes this.
  12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Jacksonville plays good in London most of the time. It will be a tough game. I think since it is at home the Jets have a great chance to win. Need to play like they did yesterday though. Bortles could easily pull a Cutler and be terrible too. I think the Jaguars are a pretty good team. Too early to predict just yet.

13. grkmanga31

If our d-line doesn't contain the run, Fournette will make Lee and Davis look absolutely horrific. He will run them over....Blitz will expose us some because our secondary isn't the greatest. I like what I've seen from Darryl Roberts at times but Skrine and Burris are a weakness right now. It'll be interesting to see which Bortles shows up. AJ Bouye & Jalen Ramsey are studs too

Red Menace and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  14. 101GangGreen101

I think the safeties can continue to have a good impact on the back-end and I don't see any world beaters in terms of the receiving corps. Blitz will expose, but Bortles isn't a great decision maker. Jets need to put 7 people in the box.

15. grkmanga31

That's likely what they do, just hope the secondary is up for the task

16. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Hell I might even put 8 in the box and dare Bortles to beat me

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Definitely. If he does: It is what it is. That is the right strategy though. I hope the Jets can create a pass rush because under pressure Bortles (and most QB's) are pretty bad.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  18. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Big game- get a W, had to Cleveland have the potential being 3-2 before a tough skit in the schedule. I think we shut down Fournette, we just need to force Bortles into making the mistakes we know he is capable of. I am scared for our offense though, Jaguars have some talent on the D- excited to see the game plan from Morton. Haven't been this excited for an offensive coordinator in awhile

19. 101GangGreen101

Hopefully Adams gets his first turnover. That guy is amazing, can't wait to watch the coaches tape!

grkmanga31 likes this.
  20. grkmanga31

I'm planning on getting his jersey, dude is the future.

101GangGreen101 likes this.