17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

So THIS is why the stadium cost $1.7 bil. They skimped on things like escalators, elevators for the upper deck for the coaches club.Makes sense now.

2. snoballz

snoballz Member

What's even more egregious is that the cost of nicer appointed stadiums for the Vikings and the Falcons were lower than that of MetLife. I know that labor and material are higher in the Northeast (specifically in the NY area) but wow Woody (along with Mara & Tisch) got fleeced... and we the PSL holders are paying for it.

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

yup, been saying something like this since it opened

100% focus on "luxury" areas, complete neglect everywhere else. Boy does it show

But the 1.7B IMO is mainly because of union labor and contractors who know how to fleece companies with big pocket books

Royal Tee likes this.
  4. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I just saw an article that listed some of the new stadiums across all pro sports, and even the Barclay's Center was amongst the most costly. So, a NY building is going to cost more no matter what, but it's still no excuse. The fact that our stadium's attention and money was focused and funneled into the luxury suites - paid for in large part (if not entirely) by PSL's from fans not entitled to use them is what makes this a disgrace. When MetLife Stadium won awards after it's first year (when I experienced some very scary moments in the escalator landings) was F*ing unbelievable. They were very lucky people were not seriously hurt, or worse.

Royal Tee, CBG and alleycat9 like this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I have not posted here in a wee bit, just caught up on some of the posts , simply amazing how WE ALL got screwed out of having a nice place to call our own that was actually nice ! Instead we got this warehouse of a stadium. The end result at least as of right now is even if the stadium was gorgeous and we all loved it , the product that the JETS ownership and organization puts on the field and what some people pay full price for SUCKS and aint worth it ! Thank God I gave up my seats, walked away and never bought a PSL !
    ohhhh and 2 heading into the home opener after getting beat by the Raiders ( probably quite badly ) should be fun !

Royal Tee likes this.
  6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I received a letter from Neil Glatt president of the Jets regarding not renewing my ST's after 36 years. Just acknowledging my time with the Jets and they miss me. No questions about why and what we can do. First and only time someone from the Jets contacted me 4 months after I cancelled my tickets. Letter was standard letter that put in my name and years as a STH probably sent to others. Way to stay on top of things jets. I decided to go to the Jag game instead of the Dolphin game since it was so damm hot, tickets are so much cheaper next week and I did not want to deal with Miami fans. love the flexibility of doing what I want without losing any money. Stayed in the AC and watched the Jets and red zone and had a great time. F Woody, F Christopher and F Neil. $25 for Jags game next week and once the first qtr. is over I will move to my old section and bust people's ball about what I paid.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Paid 22 for jags game. Blow me Neil

8. GordonGecko

you over paid :p

sec314 likes this.
  9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hey

They are selling a pair of coaches club tix for $154 plsu fees on stubhub. Can you beat that deal? Also what inventory do you have for Mezz Club seats. Need 2. If you believe you can beat stubhub prices, let me know. Willing to pay $50 per ticket for club and $120 for Coaches Club if you can find them. I know this is a tough ask :)

10. GordonGecko

I've got nothing for the Jets, but like I tell everyone you will get the best deals in the parking lot. Bring an AC adapter and a printer and buy off stubhub to print right there. I bet you'll get Coaches for $100 or less

But hey, what do you think about this Enes Kanter guy??

11. Brook!

Enes Kanter and I have one thing in common. We both hate Turkish dictator Erdogan. Kanter is a member of the Turkish Religious group of Gulen Movement. That's why he can't travel to Turkey. His father in Turkey was arrested just because of being Enes's father. His play is tremendous. I think Knicks fans will love him.

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

You can use the stubhub app on your phone to buy tics and they scan the bardcode. Its 2017 Gecko!!!!

13. GordonGecko

lol yeah I know but teams purposely screw fans to steer them to their resale marketplace

The Rangers & Knicks will not scan a PDF file on your phone, they will make you go back out, print it, and come back. Same for the Mets.

If you're sure the Jets will do it then it's good to know

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

15. Brook!

Hi sec314. Thanks for the input. I called Stubhub and they said you can buy the ticket thru the app and then use your phone to get in. They talked some stuff but couldn't pick up exactly what I meant. Can you explain the process? Do I have to go thru an app like mentioned in the link you provided? I will go to the game this Sunday and I don't want to screw this up.

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I own an Iphone and installed the stubhub app from the app store. I have an account with stubhub which you need to have first. I bought a ticket through stubhub while in the lot and opened it on my phone and they scanned the barcoode on my phone. if you are technically challenged then buy the tickets using your computer and print it before Sunday. I bought a ticket for this Sunday for $22. Either way, you need to open an account if you are using stubhub

#19316 sec314, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  17. GordonGecko

that's not 100% kosher in theory Metlife can reject you but in practice it's probably 99% ok

I've looked at a lot of barcodes and for example the Rangers add an extra letter to the pdf barcode when they issue a QR code. So if stubhub straight translated to QR it would get rejected because the scanner expects the extra letter. It's not hard to add it to a QR code for an app if they know to add it but in theory it's an unauthorized forgery and I bet you stubhub gets sued one of these days

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The jet tickets on stubhub are pdf files from ticketmaster. I have no idea what MSG does but with Jet tickets a barcode from ticketmaster and its not an issue. F Dolan

19. GordonGecko

in the bizarro universe the Jets live in, parking is twice the cost of a ticket

alleycat9 likes this.
  20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I paid 22 for jag game. I will pay 50 to park in the arena lot 1 mile away. Yeah it’s bizzaro all right