Christopher Johnson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hwismer, Sep 20, 2017.

1. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

His support of the players united front is appreciated. He seems earnest and wants to be a good owner. Supposedly, he met with each player individually to voice his support and the team took to his words. May have lit a fire of pride in them.

2. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Christopher is my owner now, not Woody. Woody can rot in England for all I care.

GQMartin, pdxdrew, Brook! and 3 others like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

What do you mean by another Mike Tannenbaum? I can't imagine any comparison between the two. Tannenbaum was a bean counter and attorney, and had little or no experience with scouting and personnel. Tannenbaum was very organized and a good communicator. Dorsey has a ton of experience with scouting and personnel. According to the newspaper accounts, Dorsey is unorganized, and has management and communication issues.

I'll be honest that his lack of organization, management and communication issues scare me. The Jets would have to support him and surround him with the right people, and Woody would have to back off. I think the team would need a Team President to be an intermediary between Dorsey and Woody/the Johnsons.

Dorsey was a scout with the Packers from 1991-96. He was Director of College Scouting in '97-98. In 1999 he was the Director of Player Personnel with the Seahawks. From 2000-2011 he again served as Director of College Scouting for the Packers. I'm not sure why he was only in Seattle for one year, but he evidently didn't do too badly in Green Bay, since they rehired him. In 2012, he was the Director of Football Operations with the Packers. Then from 2013 -2016 he was the GM of the Chiefs.

Players the Packers drafted during his time as a scout ('91-'96) there include Edgar Bennett, Robert Brooks, Mark Chmura, Terrell Buckley, Aaron Taylor, Dorsey Levens, and Antonio Freeman. Of course, I don't know if he was responsible for these or which other players the Packers picked during that time.

During his tenures as Director of College Scouting, players the Packers drafted include: Ross Verba, Darren Sharper, Jerald Sowell (who was eventually traded to the Jets), Vonnie Holliday, Matt Hasselbeck, Bubba Franks, Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, Na'il Diggs, Chad Clifton, Mark Tauscher, Nick Barnett, Ahmad Carroll, Aaron Rogers, Brady Poppinga, Nick Collins, AJ Hawk, Greg Jennings, Jason Spitz, Johnny Jolly, James Jones, Mason Crosby, Jordy Nelson, Jermichael Finley, Josh Sitton, Breno Giacomini, Matt Flynn, BJ Raji, Clay Matthews, TJ Lang, Bryan Bulaga, Morgan Burnett, James Starks, Randall Cobb, Alex Green, and Davon House Not too shabby.

As GM of the Chiefs the players drafted were: Eric Fisher, Travis Kelce, Knile Davis, Nico Johnson, Sanders Commings,Eric Kush, Braden Wilson, Mike Catapano, Dee Ford, Phillip Gaines, De'Anthony Thomas, Zach Fulton, Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, Aaron Murray, Marcus Peters, Mitch Morse, Chris Conley, Steven Nelson, Ramik Wilson, DJ Alexander, James O'Shaughnessy, Rakeem Nunez-Roches, Da'ron Brown, Chris Jones, KeiVarae Russell, Parker Ehringer, Eric Murray, Demarcus Robinson, Kevin Hogan, Tyreek Hill, DJ White, and Dadi Nicholas. (Bolded players are still on the team). Steven Nelson is on IR. Again, not too shabby.

#63 NCJetsfan, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    egelband likes this.
  4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

This man might be Godsent if he's the complete opposite of his brother.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

dolan is the worst,period.

101GangGreen101, Brook! and Royal Tee like this.
  6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

There's going to be an unexpected surge in support for Mr President in the tri state area when they realize he's managed to not only relieve Woody of his duties, but even ship him off to another country entirely.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Royal Tee and FJF like this.
  7. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

What this guy said.

8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

lmao, in reality,
    Prolly gonna take a lil more than that...