Gonna join in protest at the game tomorrow.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Royal Tee, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

FTR, I'm not in the crowd that Colin is being blackballed.
    I think some teams are absolutely refusing to give him a shot but imo, he really isn't that great of a player. iow, If this was Brady, he'd get a job.

I will say this,
    I love my country and love that I live in one that allows us to exercise our rights that many have fallen and continue to protect and gives us the right to do so.

That said,
    Protesting is American. It's what allows us to show our disagreement for things (like basic human rights.) without having a dictator chop your head off. It's one of the reasons we fought the NAZI's and sent them packing their fuking bags.

If anyone believes that Kneeling or raising a fist during the NA is "Unamerican" then you really don't know what this country was built from. Sorry not Sorry.

Kneeling , raising a fist and Protesting isn't Unamerican, Showing allegiance to the confederacy and to Nazi's is and My protest is towards the Owner and Current Administration who continue to support this absolute lunacy. America... land of the free.

[​IMG]

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Meh. Stand up and take your goddamn hat off for the national anthem. Is that such a chore? Is refusing to do so some kind of epic undertaking that you should be proud of?

Bellows1, dogg, GordonGecko and 4 others like this.
  3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Delete

dogg likes this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i always considered the playing of and standing for the national anthem as a tribute to the people that gave us and preserved the freedoms we have. to me not standing is a middle finger to those people and not a protest towards anyone living.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I totally ageee. But Trump might have just propelled the entire league to kneel tomorrow.

What I don't get is what exactly he had to gain in going after professional athletes but in particular NFL players. They might have more control and be more influential over the entire country than any other profession or group of people in the entire country. And there was literally no reason to start a war with them.

Of all things, this could be the one move that does Trump in. 1,696 players on an NFL roster this weekend. I can't imagine there is still even 30 that support him anymore after calling them son of a bitches for kneeling. As I said, they might be the most influential people in America if they all unify and want to be.

Woodhead and Patriot like this.
  6. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

What are they protesting exactly? The 0.77% of blacks that are killed by whites? Or the 50+% of blacks that are killed by other blacks? The elephant in the room here is that the real epidemic, the real major problem here is resisting arrest and being violent towards police officers.

The vast majority of the consumers of the NFL's product agree with Trumps statements. We are the one's who fill their coffers with $. If the owners continue to let these infantile dingbats with their Fidel Castro shirts disrespect our flag and country, we will take our dollars elsewhere.

Then they'll get the message

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Now they're just going to be protesting the POTUS calling them sons of a bitches for the entire nation to hear.

He picked the wrong 1,700 people to call out. His base supporters are white males 25-54. That's also the NFL's base fans that fans out to all males 18-54 of which has hundreds of millions of those same men glued to their TV's every Sunday.

Expect a huge spike in the ratings tomorrow for the NFL to see how the players react.

8. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

those 1,700 are worthless piss-ants compared to the 32 men who sign their paychecks. That's who Trump was addressing. It's up to them. Who will they side with? The NFL's fan base who demands respect of country and flag, or Colin Castro and Marshawn Lynch dancing like a retard on the sidelines?

94Abraham and RuJFan like this.
  9. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Trust me I agree with you 100% that anyone, no matter how sick their message is has a right to free speech. So yes even allegiance to the confederacy and the Nazi party is a first amendment right. Also being Un-American would also be a first amendment right. However, when you are at a workspace, I am not sure if this argument can be made. Your employer does have the right to terminate you if they feel your actions are detrimental. So if a NFL owner or management wanted to ban this activity, it would be in their right to do so. The NBA actually has a rule against not standing for the national anthem. This is what the courts have ruled in the past.

On the other hand I don't think a company has the right to terminate you or punish you for views you make outside of work. So in the case of Hill and Schilling, ESPN has no right to punish these employees because their statements were made outside of work. If they really don't like what they had to stay, all they had to do is give the old "this does not represent the opinion of this station" statement.

I am not a big fan of Trump, but I do believe the labeling of him as a racist and white supremacist is unjust. His exact words were that both sides (Nazi's and White Supremacist) and (alt-left Antifa) were to blame. Even if you believe the so called alt-left or Antifa are not to blame, this still does not make Trump a racist. He did condemn the Neo Nazis and KKK in other statements that were ignored. You might also want to educate yourself on Antifa if you really believe they are not violent. I have seen racism in my life and when we start labeling people as racist without cause it cheapens the term.

Having said all that, I as an American do have the right to be offended by the protesting, isn't this my 1st amendment right? In my other posts I have mentioned several times politics have no place in sports. I really don't want to hear any political views, even if I agree with them, in a sporting event. As a sports fan I seek relief from the stresses of every day life. Why can't these players exercise all the social media channels out there and not interfere with my cave man time (this is what my wife calls it when I go off into sports world)? So my real beef is not with the players protesting, but the owners and clubs that are afraid to put their foot down.

Since you are bringing Trump up, yes he is a horrible President. But Clinton was no better alternative either! I hope in the name of God we have better folks running for President in the next election. If not, this country's decline will continue.

fggrimes and Jetsfanforlife like this.
  10. Patriot

I agree with you that the Flag represents a tribute to our armed forces. But I also believe its a tribute not to just our armed forces but America itself which includes all of us. If the NFL isn't willing to put its foot down and stop this behavior, then they might as well just get rid of the National Anthem all together.

The more that I think about it; I sometimes wonder if my dad, God rest his soul, was right. He argued that every citizen should be required to serve at least one year in the military. I being a know it all spoiled brat at the time told him his idea was un-American. Perhaps this small sacrifice would make people more aware of the sacrifice our military has made. The NFL is a bunch of spoiled athletes who should spend some time in the military for a reality check.

dogg, Royal Tee and Jersey Joe 67 like this.
  11. Patriot

I am sorry if I sound like Dr. Phil, but I believe Trump suffers from Histrionic personality disorder or otherwise known as HPD. Putting it in simple term, he is an attention seeker. Look up the definition of HPD and you would think they were talking about Trump.

12. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

The NFL is a JOB and you cannot go to a job and protest against things you don't believe in ...you have something you want to say do it on your own time.

Also, let's not forget that the asshole Kapernick was not even registered to vote...the thing that CAN bring about actual change. Instead he felt disrespecting our country and the people who died protecting it was the way to go... genius.

#12 Jersey Joe 67, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    dogg, 94Abraham and matt robinson 17 like this.
  13. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I recognize and respect your right as an American with rights and Free Will. I will NOT impose on you what I think you should do.

Go Jets!!

Royal Tee likes this.
  14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

A lot of military people are supporting what Kaepernick is doing. What these players are doing. Hence it's not a disrespect to the armed forces. Feel free to protest, kneel or whatever.

This is about Police Brutality and Donald fucking Trump.

At the end of the day, these protesters respect the ones that fought for our country and that will never change.

15. 101GangGreen101

It's real out there.[​IMG]

Royal Tee likes this.
  16. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

DING DING DING we have a winner. Any player who has anything on his mind when he walks in the building other than his team or the game is playing "look at me!". Go do something meaningful to advance your cause outside of work, then I'll pay attention.

dogg, NY Jets68 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  17. 101GangGreen101

Ding ding ding! We have a hypocrite![​IMG]

nyjetsmets89 likes this.
  18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Fuck Trump. Fuck his parents for bringing such a douche bag into the world. That's all I have to say. He is disgusting human being. I hope he dies in pain.

19. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Tell how you really feel, Brook!

20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

That's how I feel Matt. As much as I love America. I hate the current president. I never approved protesting the flag and national anthem. But Trump should stay the fuck out of it. Fuck him.

matt robinson 17 likes this.