Dolphins @ Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Sep 17, 2017.

1. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

The only thing that will make this interesting is if Mac is replaced by petty; otherwsie, it will be another L. It will nto be a blow out but they will not stop the run.

2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I can get behind Petty as the new GM, has there ever been a GM/QB?

Jets69 and FJF like this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Welcome to BizarroWorld where wins are losses and losses are wins. This fanbase and in particular this messageboard is fed up with the 5-11, 6-10, 7-9, 8-8,9-7 rut this team has been in since Parcells back in '98. A lot of us go back even further and honestly, we're just done with the ineptitude this organization has shown since Woody purchased this team.

The rule changes the league implemented to make the game more appealing has a dark side to it. Parity works in both directions as it rewards the poorest records with the highest draft position for fresh talent, but punishes middle of the road teams as without a really shrewd GM, you're gonna get stuck with guys who are simply "ok" but not elite unless you're really lucky. The Jets are not and have never been really lucky.

The league has placed a FQB at a premium as having an elite defense is only half the equation now. Offense is the name of the game and without a FQB, you're gonna be behind the curve. You simply have no shot without one. There's a reason why the Patriots are the gold standard and the teams closest to them all have one thing in common. That is, an above average to elite QB. There's simply no getting around that unless the NFL brings the rules back to a balance that is fair to both sides of the ball.

Given the history of the Jets where there have only been 4 home grown above average Qb's in over a half century of existence, it shouldn't be much of a mystery why the fanbase is so desperate for a FQB that they will endure anything to get one. It doesn't matter anymore if we beat the Dolphins or the Bills or the Patriots knowing there's no real hope for a post season run given the talent on the roster. Bragging rights and 10 buks still won't get you a decent meal. If your team isn't elite, it had better suck because being in the middle is a no-man's land of doing the same thing year after year with the exact same results and we all know what that's called don't we..

Again, take the strategic view if you can. We lose the battles and pass on the meaningless victories so we at least have a chance at the elusive FQB. There's enough raw talent and potential in the first 6 rds that we cannot afford another Tenn or Dolphin meaningless victory for the sake of ego and pride. Most of us are older now and are facing the reality that we may not see another SB in our lifetimes so we're good with the team using the rules to our advantage for once.

You can look at Luck and say he didn't transform the Colts, but they know they're much better with him than without him. We've had vet JAG QB's come thru and literally steal their money while young talent rots away on the bench because of the mirage of the "best chance to win". The question never asked is: "best chance to win what exactly??"
    You want more mediocrity? Don't look for the rest of us to ride that train any longer. We've seen that movie and we know the ending already.

I'm a pragmatist and realize that we're gonna suck in 2017 and most likely in 2018. I don't expect much between now and 2020 however, if this team continues to ignore the offense with bandaids and washed up vets looking for a last payday? I'm done and I've been with this team since '65. I'm done with Blowes and if Macc continues to draft BPA-D first, he can take a hike too. I don't care if we lose to the Dolphins or the Patriots or the Bills. This was gonna happen anyway given the lack of talent on the Jet roster. I want to see moves that recognizes the new NFL and what it takes to win. That means OFFENSE and that also means an ELITE QB. The Jets are the most QB blind franchise in the history of the league so I'm giving them one last chance to get this shit right. They fuck it up, I'm out...

egelband, NYJ79, dogg and 6 others like this.
  4. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

LOL

5. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I'll be at the game, haven't missed a home opener in 5 seasons. With that said, I don't know why I am going and hope to be drunk enough where the game is tolerable.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I understand completely. Rooting for the team one loves to lose, is not a natural or easy thing. Many of us have been driven to it because we're fed up with the incompetent HCs, GMs, many mistakes, and all the years we have suffered due to our owner's stupidity. It's our revenge, our way of emptying our souls of all the frustration and angst. We also think it's the only way that our team can be guaranteed of at least getting the opportunity to draft the best QB prospect, and to get our choice in each and every round, which should bear a lot of fruit and speed up the rebuild.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

GREAT post, Cman. I'm totally with you.

egelband, dogg and Cman68 like this.
  8. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

And we looked inept against the bills and totally useless against the Raiders. Chargers better than the Bills, and the dolphins have an excuse of having a hurricane on their mind against the Chargers...

Chargers have a better QB and better RB, better oline and I'm not convinced by what we've seen so far of the Jets defense that our defense is better than the Dolphins, and the defense was the one thing I was somewhat optimistic about coming in to the season.

9. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Best reply ever on big picture vs small picture...only the long time sufferers can understand.
    Bravo

egelband, dogg and Cman68 like this.
  10. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

I hate Miami more than anything. More than N.E. or Saddam Hussein or Chris Benoit.

I want to violently annihilate the Dolphins.

11. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Long time season ticket holder. I will be there. I always root for the Jets to win but I understand(big picture) that losing this year could benefit long term provided they don't F up the draft.

12. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Didn't care much last two weeks but kinda hope we beat the stinky fish....have a feeling we show up and make it interesting

If we lose again that's probably better for the franchise so I won't be upset

13. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

That Benoit reference sure is oddly random.

Cman68 likes this.
  14. Cman68

Sure is... Random with a capital "R".

15. Cman68

On a day when its supposed to get to 91F, why are the Jets in their dark home unis?

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Cutler is a jerk, baby / quitter that said Landry , Parker wand watch for many TE/ Thomas sightings today,,,,Fish 31 Jets 17 ohhh and 3 here we come ps Ajay runs for 100 plus even though he's playing banged up !
    PSS wearing Dark inis is beyond stupid today but thats Bowels !!!

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Replay is a joke they never overturn shit. Why even have it

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It looks like we want to win. Then we miss the opening field goal attempt. :rolleyes:

I'm down to win the home opener, especially against the fish.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Wilk gave up on that play when he could've had the sack.

I don't really want to hear that he's working hard he's just not producing. Bullshit.

20. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Jamal is looking good