Toilet Bowles has got to go

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Martin&theJETS, Nov 27, 2016.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I agree but we are talking about the Jets. A team that hired Rich Kottite (who is properly relieved from being the worst Jets coach). The owner has said goodbye to all things Jets and said hello London. Who will do the firing of Bowles? Macc hasn't done anything to warrant coming back. It would be great if his draft picks were showing something. But getting rid of both would have us right back in the same situation. No top end coach or GM will touch this place. It's a lousy situation that only Jets fans know too well.

#261 boozer32, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Get the first pick to go with a boatload under the cap and we will be the most attractive HC opening out there. Not sure what "top end" HCs will be out there but I'm fairly certain there will be a new HC next year and also fairly certain he will be an upgrade to Bowles.

boozer32 likes this.
  3. boozer32

I agree with 99% of what you said. Except the last part we thought Bowles would be better than Rex. I sure hope the Jets get something right when they do hire a new coach. Someone who has had the head coaching job before. Has to be an innovator and teacher. Just because you get high first round talent you have to coach them up. A disciplinarian would also be nice. Rex was too player friendly and Bowles is too player stupid. He couldn't handle the locker room and that is why Richardson is on another team. It's gonna be hard to find that kind of guy. Just being better than Bowles is not good enough.

4. boozer32

He will have those guy's prepared for sure. He's been around the block and might have learned what needs to be done to get over the hump.

5. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Right on. If the jets keep toilet bowl, it is irrelevant how much cap room they have. Bowles does not have the success, personality, or reputation to attract free agents. Can you imagine any athlete dreaming of "playing for todd bowles?" their only chance is to get someone who inspires a desire for a player to come to new york. Of course how much you pay them means a lot, but I think the jets need a guy who instantly restores credibility to the disgraced franchise and becomes the face of the team. Frankly, todd bowles grinning face mumbling something like "not everyone has an alarm clock" and "I 'll have to watch the tape" just makes me laugh. When the next jets player misses a team meeting, Bowles will like state "I'll have to watch the security tape at walmart to see if he bought an alarm clock."

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The thing is Rex was a decent HC and Bowles is gonna go down as one of if not the worst HCs in Jets history. So while Bowles did not end up being an upgrade like many thought it’s not going to be difficult finding an upgrade to Bowles.

I’m not at all sure the kind of HC you are describing even exists anymore. More than likely we will either be hiring someone who has already failed as a HC or another hot coordinator. My only hope for next HC is it’s someone that understands you win with offense and has an aggressive mentality.

boozer32 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I agree, except for the Rex part. He wasn't a decent HC, he was in over his head. He had no understanding of the offense or how to manage an entire team, and his game management wasn't much better than Bowles's. I'm not at all sad to see him gone.

SOJAZ, Cman68 and tomdeb like this.
  8. boozer32

Exactly.

9. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

Did anyone watch the Rams vs 49ers last night.

2 young coaches. You could see immediately how much better they were then Bowles. 49ers have been shit and they are already far better then us with a shit roster.

CBG likes this.
  10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Didn't see it, but from the score you can tell that they get it - the NFL is geared towards offense...it's what the fans want. Sticking stubbornly to a defense-first philosophy is out-dated and not a recipe for success.

boozer32 and tomdeb like this.
  11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I watched it, I have been a fan of Kyle Shannahan since he was the OC of the redskins.

He proved what he can accomplish with a FQB when he was with Atlanta and had Matt Ryan.

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Killed the dinosaurs... Hey Macc/Blowes? It's 2017 and the league has changed radically.. Deal with it or become extinct.

boozer32 likes this.
  13. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Yes, it's an offense driven league. But the saying is defense wins championships. When the weather gets cold come playoff time the team that can make crucial stops can make all the difference.

Bowles and Macc have really focused on the defense, and it shows. Could the offense be better? Sure. But the backbone of this team is there with the defense. Everyone talks about the Jets vaunted DL. Are they giving up 5 and a half yards per run? Well yeah. But some defenses are great precisely because they give up touchdowns every drive. Just think about it. The more touchdowns you give up, the more the opposing offense gets worn out. Then BAM! The trap is set. I think we should all just kick back and relax and give these guys a few years to turn this team into the most feared in the league.

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Bowles and Morton both coached a really good game today, let's see how things go as the season progresses.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

They definitely did. Have to give credit where credit is do. They also played the better player (Daryl Roberts) over someone who makes more money or who was drafted higher.

Good game plan too and the players played inspired. Let's see if we can keep up this level of development and inspired play.

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

We destroyed one bad team. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

That was a good game. Did Bowles' more intelligent twin brother take over?

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

No, Cutler did...

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Definitely. That's why I said let's not get ahead of ourselves and see where the rest of the season go.

boozer32 likes this.
  20. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

So much so, that I never once had the multiple WTF moments that I have grown accustomed to watching Bowles...

Cman68 likes this.