Christopher Johnson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hwismer, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

This article outlines several qualified candidates that outright declined the Jets interview request in 2015. There's only 32 of these positions in the damn NFL and these guys didn't want to even give it a thought to interview! It shows the dysfunction of this fricken ownership and organization.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nj.c...r_head_coach_and_general_manager_updating.amp

Declined interviews in 2015:
    - George Paton (assistant GM, Vikings)
    - Ryan Pace (director of player personnel, Saints, current Bears GM)
    - Chris Ballard (director of player personnel, Chiefs, current Colts GM)
    - Eric DeCosta (assistant GM, Ravens)

Everyone's calling for John Dorsey to be the next general manager and he apparently interviewed with us but it didn't work out. Dave Caldwell was the director of player personnel with the Falcons and ended up taking the Jaguars job after interviewing with us in 2013 as well.

I wonder what they or any other qualified candidate could've done with that damn 2014 draft.

egelband likes this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

When you can't even get people to interview for a high level job in your organization because its so f'd up, that should have been a wake up call for anyone with half a brain. Why Woody sabotaged his own hiring search is a mystery. Why this franchise is the NFL equivalent of the Flying Dutchman should be clear.

3. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Then you better not watch his Presser for today... Check it out the guy is stubborn and frankly shows his stupidity with some of his responses.

4. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I’m hoping the fact we will have 70+ million in cap and a top 5 pick will sway some legitimate people to interview. This would be even more attractive if we land the #1 overall pick. It would instantly give someone a lifeline and a means for significant change and positive feel and play going forward.

I know a lot of what was said today was lip service because if Chris thinks we’re progressing he’ll obviously change his mind when he sees 20k dolphins fans at MetLife this Sunday.

I think a lot of this becomes a lot different later in the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Kubiak definitely wanted nothing to do with Jets, he was OC for Ravens and said he was happy there. Once the Broncos job opened up, he could not get there fast enough to take the job.

6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I only have this message for ya, Chris.

playtowinthegame and boozer32 like this.
  7. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

At least they finally got his name right[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Yeah he's a liar. It is tanking. It's confirmed the hat trick, the trifecta. The Jets have a clueless lying owner, a bad GM and a horrible coach. Saying that Macc and Bowles should not be tied to the record of the Jets is probably the worst thing you can say to Jets fans. If it's not the record how bout tying them to the talent level and play of the team. This is scaring hearing that Bowles could possibly stay on. Just ruined my day and it just started.

9. boozer32

You have to wake him up first.

10. boozer32

I was semi happy about the Maccagnan hire but never liked the Bowles hire. After that mess this is how the Jets should approach the next hires. If they can Macc they should get a strong GM with a pro personnel background and college scouting background. Hopefully someone that is a 2nd LT to a successful GM. Or someone that was a GM and drafted well but the coach bought him down. The coach should be someone who had a coaching job before, strong ability to coach up the players he is handed, innovator that can adjust on the fly (extremely anti Bowles), knows what kind of staff he want to hire, so that he is not burden with helping out a weak coach (Kacy Rodgers). A motivator who can get the best out of his team and talent and players will want to run through walls for him.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Can we give the new CEO a chance before we all pull out the knives and start cutting?

The negativity around the Jets is well-deserved at this point but that still doesn't make whatever's next guaranteed to be negative. The nightmare this season is the team sucks, which we all know it will, and the media and fans create such a toxic environment that the best guys coming out next year want nothing to do with the Jets.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  12. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Well it's obvious he is doing the right thing and not throwing his players under the bus.

He spoke about technique and angles, but it's not just this year that this has been an issue with Lee. He has been taking bad angles since last year, and he obviously is going to stick with his 3-4 scheme until they get it right.

I did like the reporter who asked him if Lee is going to be moved around and he said it's a coaches decision, meaning Rodgers is going to be responsible for mixing things up.

I thought the questions were straightforward and addressed some of the questions us fans have.

Looking forward to Sunday.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

How do college players hear what Jets fans say?

14. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

i agree with your thoughts. he can not admit to tanking. plus, letting mccown start until the ol plays better saves petty from another injury.

15. mr nyjet

isn't dorsey under contract in kc? how are you going to get him without paying a huge penalty?

16. NCJetsfan

No, he was fired by KC. He is totally available.

17. mr nyjet

ok. but, why was he fired by kc?

18. NCJetsfan

19. mr nyjet

at first, he seem like another mike tannenbaum. what do you think?

is he that much different/better than mac? can he handle the big apple/ second fiddle to the giants?

is he up to the task of fixing the jets/ getting along with the johnson brothers?

20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Usually the best hires are people who got fired by another team but also accomplished good things there. Belichick is the ultimate example (he was fired by Baltimore after making the playoffs with the Browns), but there are many others. We know Dorsey can win, and we also know he made mistakes that got him canned. If he learned from those mistakes he'll be a great executive.