Dolphins @ Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

You know what I'm getting at, I believe the only reason Skrine is still a jet is because of the contract he has. I'm sure he will be cut next year.

Cap hit of 8.5 million if he were cut this year, 2.5 million cap hit if he's cut next year.

2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Point being this season is about seeing all the players to get a read on their value going forward. Everyone knows McCown has absolutely no future with the team and after 14 plus seasons if they don't know what he can do then they shouldn't be on the staff.
    I can understand a few games with McCown, for the O line to gel as much as they can, not that there is much there, but to at least give Petty a fighting chance.

With ASJ coming back it would give him a game to get up to speed, but it also gets Petty in while the team still has some fight left in them. Putting him in with 4-5 games left in the season when some of the team has already checked out would be another unfair shot. If Petty goes down in a ball of flames after 4-5 games then maybe give Hack a shot. At worst we have seen all the QBs in real game action and have the #1 pick if they all shit the bed.

The Dark Knight and Red Menace like this.
  3. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I don't normally talk about wanting a Jet getting injured but with McCown I kind of feel it's a foregone conclusion so basically I am just wanting it to happen sooner rather than later.

4. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Cutler has always played well against the Jets even when the Bears weren't very good. In fact, I don't recall the Jets ever beating him, so I wouldn't be too optimistic about the Jets prospects for a win.

5. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Win to save the season...
    Still clueless, i see.

Jets69 likes this.
  6. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

With our crap luck, it'll be his 1st complete season without an injury.

Cman68 likes this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Shame on me but I am rooting for the Dolphins...sigh it's come to this sorry state

We can't blow this 2018 draft! Too many good QBs and OLs..our ticket to future happiness

To h#ll with Blowes and the stupid inept Defense we spent dumb $ or drafted crap..Skrine/Lee absolutely pathetic

If for some reason this game gets close it's Adam Gates brain vs TB's decisions ..no need for a thinking cap here lol

SOJAZ, KurtTheJetsFan and RuJFan like this.
  8. roy_miami

roy_miami New Member

Just two years ago a lot of Dolphin fans were rooting for a loss to the Jets to get Philbin fired. And a lot of Dolphin fans wished Bowles was still our coach. Seems like forever ago.

As for this game I'm sensing a trap game with all the distractions, I think it'll go down to the wire and be decided by a kick at the end.

ajax and The Dark Knight like this.
  9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I am not sure a (1-0) Dolphins team who only won because the Chargers missed a routine kick can have any "trap games" yet. Still, I agree it should be close and come down to the wire. Remember last year's Saturday Night game was close for awhile and then Miami blew it wide open. I could see that happen again, as Bowles is still as embarrassing as ever.

10. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

Errhmm [clears throat and prepares for delivery of inspirational speech]

YOU DONT BELONG HERE IF YOU DONT WANT THIS W ON SUNDAY !!!!

I know this years jets team sucks . I know Miami looks like the better team. I know every loss helps us get a better pick . I know the odds winning this are slim . I know y'all are some bitter and belligerent fucks that want to go on and on about how we will lose . Yes , we all how much of a football genius you are . I'm so proud that you can read an article and some stats and bless us with your higher learning....

BUT ILL BE GODDAMNED IF YOU EVER , EVER!!!!, CATCH ME ROOTING FOR THE FUCKING PHINS.

I don't care about all the other games . I get the tank . We need a top pick QB I know . Even when we play the pats , it's a David vs Goliath type thing and they beat up on a lot of teams and they are allowed to cheat. So it's whatever . Bills - they are just as down as us only they actually went all in and spent money this year so I feel bad for them ...

But the fucking dolphins...they are constantly a thorn in our side . They are never that good but the only achievement of relevance they have made in the last 10 years is ruining my holiday when they knocked us out of the playoff on Christmas Day during the Farve season. I need to feel some small amount of satisfaction this season . We will propably win at least one game this year and I hope it's this one . My buddy at work is a dolphins fan and he replaced my jets beer can I keep as decoration at my station and put a dolphins one . I wrapped it with like an inch of plastic wrap and tape and drew a picture of a dolphin with a bunch of knives stabbing it. I'm committed to this shit .

SQUISH THE FISH !!!!

papapump and Dierking like this.
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

^.. This sounds like the Tenn game all over again. We have to win because we have to win damn the consequences. So what if its the Dolphins. I'd hope for a loss even if it were against the Patriots if it means FINALLY GETTING A FRANCHISE QB. Enough with the meaningless wins already. Time for the Jets to take a strategic view instead of always thinking in the moment. We will rise again but the first step is making sacrifices to get there and if that means losing to a hated rival, so be it. In the long run, losing to the Dolphins will benefit the Jets more than beating them on Sunday.

12. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I gotta tell you... I'm with you. I actually actively rooting against Jets these 2 past games *shame on me, I KNOW!!*

But truth be told, it's actually quite liberating - very little pressure and I'm pleased with outcomes much more often than not :)

Also I finally understand what it's like to be SOJF -- root/enjoy the failure so you can bitch about it from the position of a victim. :cool:

K'OB likes this.
  13. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

^ my 4 year old nephew loves the jets , due entirely to me . He wears his jets shirt every Sunday . I told him we don't have the best team this year but I can't hit an enthusiastic young fan with the cold harsh reality that we have excepted here . Having the top pick doesn't necessarily mean we would get the best QB. It's kinda luck . Look at RG3 ...

Kick logic to the curb and let the raw emotion out #SQUISHTHEFISH

14. keypusher

keypusher Member

Dolphins fan, resident in NY. Long-term member here, though I don't post much. Don't have a great feeling about this game.

Whoever said nothing about the Dolphins scares me, I kind of agree, though I think we have a few scary players (Ajayi, Suh, maybe Parker). Everyone knows about Miami's linebackers and secondary. Cam Wake looked all of 35 y/o last week, though William Hayes was effective. We had (preseason) third- and fourth-string guys in at left guard and Tunsil had his problems with pass-blocking.

Looking at the Jets from the outside, the ten-second take before the season was that the defense would be OK and the offense would be world-historically awful. Instead the offense has been OK and the defense has been pretty bad. On Sunday I could see the Jets moving the ball consistently and the defense maybe making some plays...a few years ago I remember watching in shock as Geno Smith carved Miami up. I expect it to be close.

Anyway, good luck. Seems like an especially tough year to be a Jets fan.

Bellows1 and Brook! like this.
  15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Its ALWAYS A TOUGH YEAR to be a Jets fan.. :)

NY Jets68 likes this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Having the top pick or one of the top picks does not necessarily mean a franchise QB ESPECIALLY if Mike Mac is making that selection ---> see how he took Hack way too early and and justified it then and where Hack is now !

17. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Very concerned about the possibility of stealing one of these next 3 games or god forbid more than one.

Get to 0-5 and I’ll start dreaming of Darnold.

KurtTheJetsFan and Cman68 like this.
  18. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

I'm all for rooting for the Jets to beat the Dolphags, but c'mon....this Jets team really blows - this season is one for the record books - screw that '96 season.

19. Miami_Vice

Miami_Vice New Member

Dolphin fan here. I'd be lying if I said "good luck" cause I want to win this game badly haha. The Fins NEED to sweep the Jets & Bills if they want to get to the playoffs again . I'm liking the Dolphins chances this week .
    Fins 28
    Jets 17

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

What BS. So we don't belong here if we want what's best for the team in both the short and long term. We're supposed to bow to your pettiness so you can get your small amount of revenge for something that happened in the distant past? Right. How freaking pathetic.