The most important game of the year - October 8th

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan, Sep 17, 2017.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Jets next 3 games are home against the Dolphins and Jaguars and then a road game in Cleveland. If they don't win 2 of those 3 games at least, I would fire Bowles instantly. The Jets roster is bad, but it is not bad enough to lose those games. It would take bad coaching too.

2. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

If for some reason we don't get a QB, we need to get a true pass rusher or a left tackle.

3. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

The Jets should just forfeit this game. It's too important to the next 10-15 years that they not win. Just refuse to travel to Cleveland and send a note that says "Due to unfortunate circumstances, we cannot attend. We forfeit. #suckforsam"

4jetfans likes this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The Browns aren't that bad actually. This won't be a game for the no 1 pick. I can see the Browns winning 5 or 6 games

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  5. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

The only team I'm worried about is the Bears..they look awful and even tho they probably won't draft a QB they could trade the pick for a ransom.

6. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

Oh ye of little faith - of course the Jets are bad enough to lose all of those games!

NY Jets68 and The Dark Knight like this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Bowles undoubtedly deserves to be fired at that point. For that matter, he deserved to be fired at the end of last season. Other than giving him the humiliation he deserves by being fired so early in the season, what good would it do? Who would take over as HC? If Bowles goes, Rodgers needs to go. Where are you gonna find a DC to finish the season? Even if Greene or someone could step up, that would leave a void at their position.

Morton is the only logical candidate to take over as HC, but he's a rookie OC. He might be better than Bowles even without any time to prep for the job, but so far, the offense has looked halfway decent. Why screw up whatever development is happening on the offensive side just to punish Bowles? Who would take over his responsibilities as OC? Even if someone could step up, that would leave their position as a void.

Woody made the determination to bring back Bowles and he's just gonna have to suffer through the humiliation of seeing the Jets go 0-16 due to his and Bowles' incompetence. Maybe being made fun of by foreign diplomats and others on an international level will be enough to finally make Woody quit meddling, nut up, and hire someone like Dorsey to run the team, or maybe even better, sell the team to someone who would get them their own stadium.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

The Bears are a legitimate concern, as are the Niners, the Bills, the Dolphins, the Browns, the Jaguars, the Colts, the Bengals, and maybe even the Saints.

If Luck doesn't play this season, the Colts definitely could challenge for the top pick. They've actually gone 0-16 before I believe, so they have the edge of experience. ;)

I think the Browns are definitely better-coached and have more talent than we do. The same goes for the Jaguars, Dolphins, Bengals and Saints. With the way they're all playing, they could at least make us sweat for a while.

If we're gonna get that #1 pick, we definitely have to maintain our focus, keep Bowles as HC, and bring our D game each and every week.

K'OB likes this.
  9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Looking around the league, there a lot of bad teams. You could argue there are more bad than good. Is this what Goodell wanted? It is embarrassing. The Jets are a legit train wreck, and I could see them finishing out of the Top 5 for the 2018 draft easily.

10. NCJetsfan

Yes, there are a lot of bad teams. I seriously doubt that is what Goodell and the owners wanted. It is embarrassing, or at least, should be for Goodell. He should fear for his job, not be getting extended.

Finishing out of the top 5 with this team, would be true to the way the Jets always do things. It would be the ultimate fuck up, and probably fatal blow to many Jets fans continued allegiance to this team. At this point, our only hope is getting the #1 or #2 pick, getting a FQB and upgrading the offense, and getting a quality offensive-minded HC. If none of those things happen, there is zero reason for any of us to continue following this team.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I wouldn't bet on it. they are worse then we are still.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

no they aren't. Browns are better then us

FJF and TonyFtLaud like this.
  13. Rivers23

Rivers23 Active Member

Nope, the Bears are a bigger concern. I don't think Buffalo is, they're walking mediocrity, they're not gonna suck extremely. As for Colts and Jags, yeah they're bad, but not as bad as the Bears imo.

14. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I think the Bears are our only real competitors for the first pick. The 49's have several winnable games and the others are just better teams then this year's Jets team.
    The only team to ever go 0-16 was Detroit in 08. The colts we're on their way in 82 but the strike shortened the season and they were 0-8. Luck will be back this season, likely in October with some very winnable games on the schedule.

15. GasedAndConfused

Have you watched them this year? they are awful.

hogan was so bad they put in kizer already. and he threw 4 INTs in 61 passes already and has only 1 TD
    They lost their best WR to a broken hand. britt is crap as expected. they don't have a threat at WR at all currently.
    Their run game is trash. crowell and duke are probably the worst pair of RBs in the NFL
    Their o-line sucks 10 sacks allowed in 2 games. and their running backs have a combined 91 yards in 2 games (31 attempts less then 3 YPC)

As far as defense
    only 3 sacks and 2 INTs on the season and allowing 22.5 PPG

16. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

The defense didn't look too bad in the first half. Me thinks that they gave up at the end of the 2nd period when the fumble went for a Raider score. Like nothing good ever happens to the Jets.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

No way. The Browns gave the Steelers all they could handle and with a break or two, could have won that game. Do you seriously think we'd even be in the game with the Steelers beyond the first 5-10 minutes?

nicg4360 likes this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

and who caught the lone touchdown pass? coleman who is now out for the year. coleman can be a stud if he stopped breaking his hand. The steelers historically play down against the browns and all bad teams in general. Did you see the beating the ravens laid on them?

19. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree. The team is terrible but not 0-16 terrible. The hype is because it's the Jets and that they've shown outward signs of tanking. But nobody from Johnson on down to the water boy truly wants to finish 0-16. And they won't - pride kicks at a certain point. It's bad enough this franchise has been the only victory to a one win team FOUR times in it's history..........

I've been a fan for well over 30 years.......I can't remember simply not caring as little as I do now as far as game results. I expect them to lose and just shrug when they do........

#39 mrjet80, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Of course I watched them. If they are awful, then what are the Jets?

BTW, Kizer started the yr and almost beat Pittsburgh in WK1, had a migraine or something in WK2 so he left the game. They may have crap, but so do we. They have been far more competitive then us