Toilet Bowles has got to go

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Martin&theJETS, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I sort of want to see how Petty does under John Morton. I've liked the formations and blend of playcalling and route trees I've seen even though we don't have world beaters.

It has only been two game of course. But are Maccagnan and Robert Johnson going to keep Bowles & McCown as long as possible because they know the team will continue to lose under them? Imagine Petty and Morton work well together... that could mess up the whole number one pick business.

#221 Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    MoWilkBeast and The Dark Knight like this.
  2. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

If the Jets were 0-2 this year but were showing that they were a well coached team with good, adaptable game-plans, that they were learning from their mistakes, that they understood situational football, and that they were losing because they were being out-talented, then this wouldn't be a problem.

But thus far some troubling trends persist. Bowles again misunderstood situational football last week in Buffalo as he did in Pittsburgh. The Jets again do a bad job (or no job) of in game adjustments and are beat with the same stuff over and over. Crabtree today. Maybe try something different in guarding him after he already torched you for two TD's.

Also, who exactly has gotten better, remained at a high level of play, or taken his game to the next level under Bowles? Now I understand some players are hopeless and Mac is to blame as well but.

Is Leonard Williams a beastly defensive lineman right now that is having an impact on games?

How about Mo Wilkerson? Where exactly has his career gone under Bowles? Was Sheldon Richardson used properly and grow and mature under Bowles?

Darron Lee? Ok maybe not a Bowles pick but...what has Bowles done with him? Has he improved? Has he found any way to use his skills in some meaningful fashion?

Calvin Pryor. This is Idzik...but did Bowles make anything out of him?

How about Darrelle Revis. A once GREAT player just flat out quit. Stopped playing football last year. This was under Bowles. What about Buster Skrine? Or Mauldin? Who has Bowles inherited, obtained through the draft, or free agency and improved? Coached up. Found some way to get productivity from him despite his limitations?

So knowing that, why the hell would we want to trust him with the development of Adams and Maye? Why would we want him anywhere near these guys?

This teams offense was supposed to be one of the historically bad offenses in NFL history. But credit Morton. It somehow looks like a functional NFL offense. Not a great one but nowhere near the trainwreck it was predicted to be. Heck it's going to be better next week with ASJ returning. Bowles defense on the other hand, which was supposed to be pretty decent, is being carved up everywhere and totally outschemed by the opposition.

He has to go as quickly as possible because his presence here is hindering any and all progress it seems. Even in a year you want to tank, you also want to see steps forward and improvements in some areas. The only areas I see it in are those that Bowles isn't heavily influencing

Say what you will about Rex but Damon Harrison became who he is under Rex. Darrelle Revis played the best football of his life under Rex. James Ihedigbo became a good football player under Rex. Mike Devito came out of nowhere to become a quality player under Rex. He even briefly got some good play out of the atrocious Aaron Maybin. It wasn't all perfect (Kyle Wilson) but overall Rex was so much better at this than Bowles

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

McCown has played pretty well the 1st 2 weeks, but I agree what is the point? Bowles is a moron. What I hated about Rex was that he was a DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR and that is it. He was terrible at making head coaching decisions and the team was not disciplined. Bowles can't even get the defensive part right. He is a joke. And keeping his buddy Rodgers was the worst move he has made. He is clearly a terrible DC. Bowles has decided to go down with him I guess.

On a positive note: Adams and Maye look good despite who is teaching them.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

How isn't Darron Lee a Bowles influenced draft pick? It has his fingerprints all over it. He wanted Deone Buccanon. So Maccagnan gave him Aaron Curry.

Other than that I agree. His player development sucks.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  5. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

rich bowles/todd kotite....below is my most recent comparison.....LOL

u young folks need to find some games from 95 and 96 (the kotite years). today was pretty much a copy and paste of them. i am sure the majority of our remaining games will be the same.

#132 jilozzo, Sep 10, 2017 [/QUOTE]

boozer32 likes this.
  6. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

I am 100% done with Bowles. I am 49% done with Macc. I'm not yet ready to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If this is Blowes' way of securing a contract extension, he's fcking it up... This should have been factored into Macc's rebuild stradegy. That is, either give Blowes his extension (sound of chewing ground glass with a shot of ethylene glycol) OR give Blowes his walkies. Oh yeah I almost forgot... Macc can't fire Blowes because Macc didn't HIRE Blowes. Woody did this and I'm not so sure Baby Bro Johnson has the juice yet to do that w/o Woody signing off on it.

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Do you want Bowels having anything to do with a potential FQB ? Do you want this guy influencing the development of any young talent after watching him try and coach for 3 years ? He does not coach UP talent and put his players in the best position to excel he is a defensive minded coach that is doing an incredibly bad job ! Anyone who thought that we were going to somehow win a few unexpected games under this buffoon were kidding themselves .

boozer32 likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

All you gotta do is look at yesterday's game .the Raiders got screwed on a couple bogus personal foul calls and Coach Del Rio went OFF on the officials.

It obviously stuck with them as they gave Del Rio one back with the bogus personal foul call on Skrine. ... and what was Toilet Bowles doing?? Sleeping!

10. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

Dolphins sacked Joe Philbun October 5th, unfortunately we have nobody able to or with the balls to sack the Zombie now, so we have 14 more weeks of this shitshow to endure.

11. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Hopefully Sundays home opener will either be underattended or covered in Teal Blue and Orange. That's the only way the Johnsons will move on Blowes before January.

12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Nothing good comes from firing Bowles now. Last thing Jets need is a spark that causes them to accidentally win a game. Suck it up, the end is near.

Only FO move that should be made in season is hiring a president of football operations, as soon as possible.

13. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

This team is a reflection of its leadership. They show up, they breathe, they apparently (unconfirmed) are able to tie their cleats, and that's about it. They suck and will continue to suck Browns style under this leadership.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

This is the problem with buying PSLs, you have no option but to buy tickets every year too. The days of burning your tickets and walking away from this kind of mess are long gone.

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yup, any of the players we thought would step up haven't stepped up. The scheme he is running doesn't match the players. His scheme matter of fact really sucks. I swear on that one Raiders TD run, correct me if I am wrong they were running a nickel defense with Mo and Leonard outside and the linebackers hitting the gaps in the middle. Interior Raiders line DESTROYED Lee and Davis on route to a TD.

Lee might suck, but that's not even close to what Lee should be doing out there on the field. Open space linebacker, they have him getting swallowed up like Cro's children.

Bowles gotta go, but I'll wait until the end of the season. 80m in cap space, find an offensive mind and get a damn QB and improve the offensive line. Find a coordinator on D that will mold the talent and scheme off of it.

16. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

The making of a great HC is being able to identify what personnel you have and what those players are good at. Bowles is trying to fit square pegs in a round hole and is expecting it to work. He will be gone at seasons end, unless we get blown out every week then perhaps Woody and Chris may decide to cut bait mid season and just let some other slap dick coach the remainder of the season.

17. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

The thing is, I think there are coaches on the Jets that could be good. Morton may be a very good coach. But Bowles is SO bad its hard to discern. With the Jets luck, when Bowles is fired and his coaching staff is cleaned out Morton goes to some other team and becomes a quality HC. And the Jets spend another decade in the wilderness.

boozer32 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

So much for getting rid of "aging WR's" in Decker and Marshall only to re-sign Jeremey Kerley - giving him 44 snaps vs the Raiders, whilst giving 8 snaps to ArDarius Stewart and 2 snaps to Chad Hansen. This coaching staff is clueless.

boozer32 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Leonard wasn't on the field for that play. (the Patterson run) For some reason he only got 41 snaps out of the 57 the Raiders had and that was one of them where he was on the sideline.

3rd and 1 on the fringe of field goal range in an 8 point game. Seems like that's a play where you'd want your best defensive lineman but what do I know...

Either way, Lee and Davis should be embarrassed as they were both completely destroyed on that play

#239 BrowningNagle, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  20. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

What bothers me the most is this ambiguity between tanking, a rebuilding year, and trying to be as competitive as possible. I don't legitimately expect a franchise to explicitly plan and play to tank... And I'll moderate this by saying it's only week 2 of the season, but sooner than later, if they're rebuilding, you absolutely need to get your young guys work to a) evaluate them and b) give them experience and prepare them to be part of the future.

We need to see Petty sooner than later. Want to wait a couple or few weeks? Fine. We need to see more McGuire, Stewart and Hansen, maybe even Stanford. They worked McGuire in more yesterday, which was great. Even if Kearse starts, you need to get the other guys snaps every single game.

Plus, for the fans, watching a young QB, giving some reason for hope and intrigue while evaluating for the future, is essential. McCown has played well so far by my relative standards for him, but my interest in games goes up a ton if he starts and we see more McGuire, Hansen and Stewart

boozer32 likes this.