Josh Allen 2017 Games Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

May he be a Jet if he is the best prospect.

Royal Tee likes this.
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Why isn't anybody posting anything on this thread? Is he not playing?

3. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Just looked it up out of curiosity, he is 2 for 11 right now in the 2nd quarter and is currently running a 2TD to 2INT, so looks like no one is discussing him much because he is underperforming? Don't really pay much attention to CFB but was also curious.

4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i hope he doesn't have to squint to locate his receivers.....just saying.

FJF likes this.
  5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

yes Wyoming has no talent, but Allen does himself no favors ... could be heading for the 2nd round late first

6. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I have no idea what anyone sees here. Why is he even being talked about as a first round pick at all?? How many "prototype size, big arm" QB's that aren't actually good at football need to fail before we retire the idea that they can be "developed"?

The guy isn't a good quarterback right now, I don't care what else is around him.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

They see a lot of the same things Blake Bortles had prior to when he was drafted. Big arm, mobile, great physical qualities.

8. Big Cat

He reminds me of Osweiler

9. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

The thing is he played a lot better last year (as did Darnold). It might be the spotlight, it might be that he lost his best weapons to the NFL. It might be that he hasn't developed at all over the offseason. It might be all three or it might be something else entirely. Facts are facts, though. Man is falling HARD at this point and I guarantee he wishes he declared last year. Let's see what he can salvage out of this season.

10. Big Cat

I don't know, I saw all of the same things last year. He's only good when the structure of the play breaks down, he's legitimate poop when you keep him in the pocket.

He completed 56% of his passes last year. We can try to justify that by saying his teammates suck and he has workable physical traits... or we can realize that's exactly what we did with Christian Hackenberg and be smarter this time.

11. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

I think you're overexaggerating a little bit. I remember a few throws last year where he threw perfect balls down the sideline when he's WR had half a step on the db and he dropped the ball right in front of his man perfectly with enough velocity that the db couldn't react, 30 yards down the field. From the pocket. These guys aren't robots, though. They make mistakes and Allen has made many so far. He plays waaaaay too much heroball. It's almost his go to, and he's generally pretty good at it.

He got media attention because last year he made a lot of plays other QBs just cant or wouldn't be able to make. His shortcomings are known and it seems he hasn't capitalized on fixing them. He's clearly raw as a passer, but if and just if he can clean his game up, decision making, accuracy and ball safety he clearly has the biggest potential of all the QBs in college. That said we don't need another project, but I still think he'll get a shot in the league. He really needs the right team to draft him, with a known vet and talented coaching staff around him. Then it's on him to learn to be that transcendental player he has the potential to become.

12. Big Cat

The worst thing that can happen for him would be to go in the first round. He needs to get buried somewhere and have people completely forget he exists while he works on everything he needs to work on.

13. 101GangGreen101

His field vision is awful, he doesn't see the field well at all.

14. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

This guy is quickly playing himself into the mid rounds, if that.

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think this is spot on. I think team like the Packer, Patriots, Saints, Raiders, could afford to take him, sit him for a year or two while they're coaching him up, and then turn him loose if he has developed. A team like the Jets would be nuts to take him.

17. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Agree, I'll pass on him, not impressed.

Jonathan_Vilma and Big Cat like this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

6/14 for 49 yards, 3 carries for 15 yards through 3Q against Hawaii. I think it's safe to say this kid will be nowhere near the first three rounds.

19. 101GangGreen101

Matt Miller from BR can take his Allen hype and shove it lol

Jonathan_Vilma and NYJFOREVER like this.
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He finished 9 of 19 for 92 yards with 1 touchdown against Hawaii. I could find a couple quarterbacks I'd rather spend our sixth round pick on. I'd imagine he stays for his senior year and hopes to play himself into a much higher pick.

Even worse for him, this comes a couple weeks after Rosen hung 56 points, 22/25 for 329 and 5 touchdowns on that same Hawaii defense.

Hey at least Hawaii got the W.

What was the draw for Allen beyond size/arm strength? Was he supposed to be the next Flacco?