10 years of drafting Defense

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsfansince95, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

And all we got is poop after poop after poop ... what a waste

2. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Its not like the defensive backs are getting burned ... its our all pro (poop) line ... what a joke

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's a good thing we took two Safeties or we'd really be in trouble!:rolleyes:

4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Skrine is constantly getting burned but besides that, our front seven are useless.

5. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

The Jets are a poorly run organization. They need a new owner.

6. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Not only all Defensive 1st round picks but all Defensive Head Caochs. Our Defense is pathetic and actually worse than the Offense. Gut the Front Office and blow the whole thing up.

7. ColoradoContrails

Even with a team that has a long heritage of priding itself on its great defense, like the Bears, just how many SBs have they won? Having a great defense does NOT win championships if you can't score. So why do the Jets continue following this formula? Poor ownership.

KurtTheJetsFan and boozer32 like this.
  8. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

Rex gave this team some real gems telling Tannenbaum and Idzik who to take for the defense, the only thing this team now has on defense is two safeties, no d line nothing in the linebacker department and corners who are hustling but lost without a pass rush.

9. ColoradoContrails

The lack of pass rush was glaring last season, and yet, Macc didn't look to fix that. Two - count'em TWO! - Safeties taken! It's like Macc purposely ignored the biggest holes on the team last draft, like "I'll fool everybody, I won't take anyone they expect me to". Genius!

What a sorry franchise!

boozer32 likes this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Excuse me. It's only 8 years of defensive first round players and 9 total first round defensive players in those 8 years. Get yo facts straight.

We clearly need two more first round draft picks to be spent on the defense so we can field a full starting 11 (in theory).

Lol. Only 4 of those 9 remain on the team and that includes rookie Jamal Adams. Darron Lee should be cut after the next season or two, and Wilk probably won't last much longer if we can save on that pitiful contract.

Soooo we're a disaster basically. We're making the Browns look like the Raiders of drafting lately.

boozer32 likes this.
  11. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

All the Jets want for players are pretty boys that behave and do what they're told. I never liked the move of ousting Richardson, and now as a result, we have a D that can't pressure the QB and show some attitude.

Freddy Mondo and boozer32 like this.
  12. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Harsh. Quinton Coples is Subway's employee of the month in North Carolina.

13. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Yes, the stout defense that get's so much love from the draft every year had ZERO sacks. The offensive line which get's ignore every year gave up 4 sacks and no lanes for the running backs to run through. Is anyone in the know within the Jets organization seeing this?

14. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Congrats to Quinton, glad to hear he's dominating a six inch sub like he could never do to an offensive lineman!

15. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

No actually he's rich ownership and clueless. A dangerous combination that you see unfolding. Some spoil brat thinks he knows how to run a football organization and stinks at it. Anyone knows who the other bidders were for the Jets? What might have been with a different owner and direction.

#15 boozer32, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  16. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

Well Bowles thinks the front 7 played well :) hate to see em have a bad game then

ajax and boozer32 like this.
  17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

seems like no-one else wants to be interviewed :)

18. ColoradoContrails

As I sit here watching the Broncos handle the Cowboys fairly easily, I'm struck by the massive difference between them and the Jets. In 2010 the Broncos were firing Josh McDaniels after less than two seasons, and since then have won their division 5 of 6 years and were in two SBs, winning one of them. And what were the "Defense Wins Championships Jets" doing? This glaring difference is even harder to stomach since I live in Broncos Country and can't escape. It gets harder and harder to resist the urge to just switch teams as the Jets seem oblivious.

boozer32 likes this.
  19. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I'm blown completely away by our lack of linebackers. Somewhere David Harris is laughing his ass off! The D-line is what it is...we have proven talent there....but they can only do so much. Our LB corps is NON existent.

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

True. Teams that gear up with an elite defense have a chance at winning for a year maybe two and that's if everything falls into place perfectly. The early 2000's Patriots are a bit of an anamoly in that sense because they had the great quarterback.

But the modern era will never see an elite defense consistently win championships without good quarterback play.

With the new rule changes I'll be absolutely shocked if we ever see another 2000 Ravens or 2002 Buccaneers.

Even the '02 Buccaneers had Brad Johnson throw for 3,049 yards with 22 TD/6 picks on 62.3% in only 13 starts. The '00 Ravens are the only true outlier.

#20 Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    ColoradoContrails and mezzavo like this.