Welcome New Jets Fans! - Introduce yo self

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Sep 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

ew ...

2. LVJet

LVJet New Member

New to the board. From the NY area originally but living out in Vegas now. Been following the team since the 90s (in my teens).

Cman68, Faux machine and westiedog1 like this.
  3. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Welcome!

4. regan62072

regan62072 Well-Known Member

I'm Jim, dad & have had tickets since 2000, now in section 204, figured the rebuilding year would be a good one to hop on the board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Faux machine likes this.
  5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Welcome aboard to you both :)

regan62072 likes this.
  6. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Rebuilding year is the best time to hop in. Nobody will accuse you of being a bandwagon fan when you joined between two 4-win seasons :)

Almost nobody

7. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Welcome.

regan62072 likes this.
  8. chompycheesy

chompycheesy New Member

Only a new fan from Australia, but coming to my first ever game vs the Jaguars, can't wait!

Paul E, SydneyDon, regan62072 and 4 others like this.
  9. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Quite a few good members on the board from down your way. I think many go back to 2005 when Ben Graham was the punter and of course now we have Lachlan Edwards. Welcome.

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

G'day, mate. Welcome aboard the Insanity Express! LOL Always good to have another Aussie!

11. regan62072

regan62072 Well-Known Member

Had a fellow fan from Australia comment on my IG picture Sat night, Jets a Nation is all over!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. SydneyDon

SydneyDon 2008/2009 TGG The Green Card "International Poster

I saw a guy jogging along the beach at Port Melbourne today wearing a Jets t-shirt. Was that any of you blokes?

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm afraid not mate. But Australia is on my bucket list though... :)

14. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay New Member

Grew up in the Tri-State area, fan since the early 80's. I should have paid heed to the harbinger the AJ Duhe game presented to me, but I did not listen.

Going to the Buffalo game next weekend. Getting powerbombed through a table by a burly man in red/white/blue Zubaz pants may be the best part of the experience.

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Love reading these intro posts. Welcome all

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. Paul E

Paul E New Member

Hello All, NFL from the fan from Scotland who until 3 weeks ago did not have a team, but i'm off the New York in a few weeks and I'm lucky enough that in my 2 day stay, the Jets are playing at home so voila, I now have my NFL team.

I know it's not exactly like being brought up in the Jets fold, and I've got a bit of player home work to do, but I can't wait for game against divisional rivals (Patriots) on 15th October.

I referee Rugby Union and thought that was a complicated game until I got into illegal formations, eligible receivers etc. No wonder you need multiple referees on the pitch!

If anyone would like to host a 42 year old limey at a pre game tailgate let me know (no party animal here, dodgy knees and a general 3 beer lightweight, but if you've got a spare chair I'd love to fill it!).

Go Jets!

17. JetLion77

JetLion77 New Member

Hey everyone: I used to be on the old Gang Green forum way back in the day as JetFan68, but that was several computers, email addresses, and passwords ago. But anyway... I'm in the 518 near Saratoga by way of New Jersey and I'm a lifelong Jets fan. I've seen it all from near-glory in the eighties, the awful mid-nineties to the Parcells, Herm, Mangini, and Rex. I've been to three Jets games in my life and they've lost all three, but I can tell my kids and grandkids that I saw Peyton Manning and that guy in New England live and in person.

Looking forward to interacting and crying in my beer with the other Jet fans here. Cheers!

NCJetsfan and Faux machine like this.
  18. Rivers23

Rivers23 Active Member

Hi everyone, I'm a European guy who's been falling in love with the NFL for a few years. Why do I consider myself a Jets fan? Well, soccer is the sport in Europe and my hometown team seems to be quite similar to the Jets. It won a soccer equivalent to the Super Bowl in the 1960s, hasn't been to what is equivalent to NFL playoffs for more than 30 years, inept owners, etc. So I would say that becoming a Jets fan came naturally for me because frustration and seeing your team lose in most ridiculous ways possible is something I'm used to. I also love New York and can't really stand the Giants so there you go, that's the formula which resulted in me being a Jets fan.

Faux machine likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that you're such a glutton for punishment, but glad to have you aboard. Welcome to the misery that is being a Jets fan.

20. LeanMeanandGreen

LeanMeanandGreen New Member

Hello all, I'm new to the board and have kinda followed in the footsteps of my father who moved to NY in the 60's and has been a long time Jet and Met fan. I followed suit although he follows the Knicks and me Nets. Either way we always root for the underdog teams. Hoping one of these years the Jets get strong again.:rolleyes:

regan62072 and Faux machine like this.