David Harris

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Highbridge, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Highbridge

Highbridge Member

Is he still with the Patriots? Did he play tonight? I thought that dropping him was such a mistake.

2. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

I only saw him on the field for 1 play. He charged into the backfield and the RB ran right past him. He looked old for the brief number of times I saw him.

3. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

It was definitively time to drop him. He still has the smarts but is more then a step slower.

4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

KC was all about speed on offense. I think the Patriots had an extra safety out there for the whole second half.

5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

He's 60 yrs old. Let's see what the new cats have got.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

So the one time you saw him on the field he looked old?

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Yes he was. He was instrumental in the epic season opening win for the Patriots.

Oh wait...

The Dark Knight likes this.
  8. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I had completely forgotten that he was Pat until midway through the game.....

9. zace

zace Well-Known Member

He showed exactly why we needed to move on

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

as @FJF indicated last night was a bad matchup for Harris.

Against teams like Buffalo and us I can see him out there playing more snaps. Far too slow though, this move is reminiscent of Shaun Ellis

11. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Yeah, i kinda contradicted myself on that post a little bit. On the 1 hand, i said "1 play" and then later i say "brief number of times."

I pounded the hooch at the bar when KC took a 2 TD lead.

12. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

If the Jets kept him, they would have had him on the field most def snaps and he would've gotten torched.

LogeSection2RowJ likes this.
  13. It used to drive me crazy how he'd be the nickel backer in obvious downfield passsing situations. He was slow as molasses,stiff & an overrated tackler in space. Couldn't be more of an obvious 2 down player but the CS was too stubborn to acknowledge it.

He was a Bowles teachers pet for sure.Same can be said w Rex but at least in Rex's case he was a much younger player who still had some movement skills albeit limited.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him released over the next few weeks.

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Dave Harris, as he called himself last night, was nowhere to be seen. The Patriots defense looked horrendous too. Maybe the release was not as bad as some people thought. Same with Mangold who is injured, Revis who hasn't received a call, Folk who missed some kicks in Preseason for TB, Marshall who got hurt instantly as a Giant, and Decker who is coming off multiple injuries. This is why I find it ridiculous when analysts say the Jets will go 0-16 or are tanking or have gotten a lot worse. If they kept all those guys they would be the same except slower. It's not rocket science.

PulseJet and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

remember when we complained about Shaun Ellis going to the Pats late in his career?

16. Well I don't think it's so much losing the player's on field production but rather turning coats so late in the career after establishing an identity as a Jet.

When you factor in the notion always tossed around w these moves that Bellicheat does it to ruffle the Jets feathers..it's a bit disheartening.

He ends of releasing these guys in the dead of night w little haste or criticism..the whole thing rubs jet fans the wrong way

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Honestly, as a Jet, winning the Super Bowl as a Patriot wouldn't even feel right to me. I know Ellis failed and Harris has started off the wrong way, but it would feel odd. Revis, on the other hand, never considered himself a Jet. or a Patriot. Or a Buc. He is just Revis and won a SB. I bet he loved it. Not as much as the money he made that season, but still.

Jake, PulseJet and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  18. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I saw Harris get absolutely pancaked on a one of the big runs in the 4th quarter.

19. oldrover

oldrover Member

You may see Harris a lot more in the coming weeks with Hightower out for the season.

He (Harris) has been a great teammate from all reports (Belichick mentioned him specifically in a recent presser), and his snaps have increased from 1 (!) in the KC game to around 40%. He absolutely laid out Falcons on two different plays last week.

He's no Hightower at this point... but man, especially now, I'm glad he's on the team.

20. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

No idea what will happen in the future, but the Atlanta game was the first one in which he made even the slightest contribution - in the first six games of the season he had 2, 1, 4, 0, 0, and 0 snaps.