Sam Darnold vs. Josh Allen - who wants to come here...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Aug 30, 2017.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Remember Elway? Peyton Manning? Eli Manning? Were they entitled cucks? Or were you just looking to take a shot at millenials?

2. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Are u ok?

3. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

We are going to suck for some time. We don't need to make a decision, we can draft both.

Peebag and Jets69 like this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I know I'll get a lot of blowback here for this, but I think Josh Rosen is the best fit, as this article points out:

http://nypost.com/2017/08/30/could-ucla-qb-enigma-be-better-fit-for-jets-than-sam-darnold/

Of course he could be a head case, like Manziel without the alcohol, but I think the Jets need someone who isn't afraid to speak out and question the status quo...they might be a lot further along if enough people had. Anyway, it's a long season so we'll see who rises to the top, and I pay to whatever is in charge of the Universe that teh Jets get their choice.

Edit:

And maybe they could get a "two for one" deal and grab Jim Mora as HC too?

#24 ColoradoContrails, Aug 30, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    Peebag and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  5. twown

twown Well-Known Member

What's Darnold's family's financial situation?

When push comes to shove, if you stay in school, you roll the dice.

6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Very comprehensive evaluation.

Jets69 likes this.
  7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

it's safe to say any player taken in the top 10 goes to a team the player would never volunteer for

Vida, nicg4360 and Jets69 like this.
  8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Darnold high and mighty attitude about not wanting to come here or going back to school is turning me off of him. Allen says he's all in to come to New York. I want people that want to be on my team. Screw Darnold.

nicg4360 and Cman68 like this.
  9. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

We will all have a lot of spare time this fall (ugh) to follow USC, UCLA, and Wyoming.....at this point,
    1) Darnold
    2) Allen
    3) Rosen
    ...but maybe that will change by next April....

boozer32 likes this.
  10. seanofthedead

seanofthedead Well-Known Member

I have been reading up on Rosen these past few weeks and have to say I LOVE the idea of him becoming a Jet. You can tell he is a smart kid and that will obviously make some folks think he's cocky since those two traits are often interwoven.

Hell, just hearing he put a Hot Tub in his dorm room MADE me want him to play for the Jets.

A move like that makes me think it's something that Joe Willie whishes he would have done back in his heyday. I really think that DGAF attitude would be great in NY!

11. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

I truly believe Darnold is going to stay at USC. I think this will become a Rosen vs Allen question, and I'll take Allen everyday of the week and twice on Sunday's. I hope we're able to land him.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Let Darnold stay, right now id rather have Josh Allen anyway. He's like a mix between Big Ben and Stafford.

Royal Tee, boozer32 and FJF like this.
  13. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I have the Jets winning 5 games this year. Will they be in position to be able to pick either the 2 Josh's or Sam? They may have to trade up.

14. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

You know what our guys are going to say, Thomas Duarte made him look good, he should be the offensive player the jets should be looking at and not Rosen.

15. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

The 2018 draft will be very interesting to watch for. Every year one of the expected next messaih QB's falters, and every year one of the unexpected rises. Will be awesome to see.

Vida likes this.
  16. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

These guys should be asked questions about their upcoming college seasons, not about the Jets. Articles like this one seem like more of the usual internet "clickbait" that seems to follow this team. Save the NFL questions for the winter.

I'll be watching all three of these guys this Fall. It's about all I can look forward to.

Red Menace likes this.
  17. Greensleeves

Greensleeves Well-Known Member

I remember a cocky QB that the Jets drafted that was a perfect fit fit NYC - Namath! Rosen seems to have that same type of swagger. Wouldn't mind him at all. I think he may fit NYC better! Let's see how the season plays out for each - if they are even coming out I would go with the guy that can adapt to NYC better.

ColoradoContrails and BomberJet like this.
  18. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

You may see more of Josh Allen then I will, but I have noticed that he has been running the ball a lot more and I'm hoping that's not a trend he continues.

Scrambling to extend the play is one thing, becoming a rushing QB is totally different.

19. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Idk maybe he develops this year but Josh Allen hasn't impressed me (at all) yet. Looks like just another big bodied, strong armed QB that the media and teams will fawn over because of his "tools". He's inaccurate, makes bad decisions and is only good when throwing on the run.

Again, things could change this year but I don't like him one bit.

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

After seeing that Lombardi video of Allen, I understand where you're coming from. He didn't look all that impressive to me, so I wondered where the hype was coming from.

I agree that his decision making needs improvement. He was inaccurate on a few of the passes in that video, but dead on in most of them. As far as running, that may be due to his OC and HC at Wyoming. He can be a weapon for them. They don't give a crap about how it might affect Allen's draft stock or how he'll play in the NFL. I think that can be fixed fairly easily, plus I like the idea of a QB with mobility who can pick up some first downs with his legs.

That was just one video however, and hopefully, he improves this season. I think one also has to wonder about the quality of coaching he may be getting.

That said, I haven't seen Rosen or Darnold play (other than a few clips), so they may not look any better than he does to me.

I will be very curious to see them in games and video and read comments of other posters here this season. Hopefully, all three turn into studs and we have our pick of them.

Big Cat likes this.