Mac is a certified MORON

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Martin&theJETS, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

The most important position group in all of football is the offensive line. This moron took Hack in the 2nd, his savior, but he completely neglected to address the OL.

How in the hell does he expect Hack to have a snowballs chance in hell, or any QB for that matter, when our OL is looking like the worst group of the team?

I want to know how in the hell this dude has a job when he has taken only 2 OL in draft in the last 3 years? All of which were taken on day 3, both being 5th rounders.

He signed Carpenter, which is nice. But he signed two tackles since he took over. Both of which were risky, not top shelf players, and injury prone.

Other than that he has completely ignored the line...

If Williams and Adams did not fall into his lap, Mac would look like a god damn caveman with no clue.

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

+1000

Two years ago I was attached at the hip with all his decision making..like Fitz I offered so many excuses in his defense...how completeltly wrong was I

Kudos to all the posters who adopted a wait and see attitude with him..even after "3 year evaluation " I suspect 40 % of his recruits pan out

He is a rookie GM but maybe it's Bowles in his ear too...wimped out on key OL QB prospects ...grade him a C minus C plus right now

3. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Well he did actually think about trading up for tunsil. So there. LOL.

BrowningNagle, HomeoftheJets and FJF like this.
  4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It's bizarre that many teams don't put more emphasis on having a stellar offensive line.

It's unfortunate that the Jets are one of those teams.

5. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Well stated! I was beating this drum on Idzik too and also on Mac. A team plays FIVE OL at a time, more than any other position. The jets REALLY need a new coach/GM next year who understands that you need an OFFENSE too, not just a defense, and that STARTS with a quality OL, not a bunch of castoffs and late rounders! Dumb shit.

6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Well i guess mac isn't a cowboys fan.

7. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Dreadful talent and no backups on oline, unforgiveable

tomdeb, CBG and Martin&theJETS like this.
  8. Martin&theJETS

We also wanted to trade up for OBJ and now Kamara. It's funny how this team decides to be conservative with draft picks, but still manages to end up with dog shit. We just can't win.

9. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

It funny how many deals Mac fails to close during draft day. It's also funny how some fans find comfort in just hearing stories after the fact that the team wanted to or tried to get a player. This isn't youth soccer you don't get trophies just for trying.

#9 legler82, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    Jets69 likes this.
  10. Martin&theJETS

I know OBJ wasn't him, but stil. It's just ridiculous BS. Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Doesn't excuse your shit for brain drafting approach.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

its tough to get a LT in the NFL, I won't be mad at Mac for that. I wonder if Mac stopped trying to trade up after the Dolphins got Tunsil? Ryan Kelly (C) was still on the board after the Fins picked at 13. So was Taylor Decker. We picked 20th that year. He really could've tried harder to get some players but instead he threw money at Revis and there-fore couldn't upgrade other positions.

We should've taken La'el Collins too in 2015.

12. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

This is one of the reasons I admired a lot of what Mangini/ Tannenbaum did earlier in their tenure. They did a terrific job of building from the inside out and adding to the teams foundation via draft (particularly in the early years when we were building).

2006: Ferguson and Mangold (immediately upgraded the offense), were able to add some skill positions later with Leon and Brad Smith
    2007: Revis and Harris (anchors on defense for years), added Thomas Jones via trade knowing our line was solid
    2008: this one was rough with Ghost, but still added Kris Jenkins via trade and Dustin Keller who I believe was a good pick but had horrible luck

These years were during that same kind of transition and I think they had it right. They laid the foundation right, but when we missed our window things just seemed to change with the strategy. I don't think they wanted to have to start from scratch and tried to use bandaids to keep things going (never works). Their eye for talent was solid and philosophy was sound, just didn't see it through and that's what happens.

We were better when our lunch pale guys were better.

Ptflea2, Red Menace, nicg4360 and 2 others like this.
  13. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I mean I'm pretty sure he did get a trophy for it lol. But I 100% get your point, and agree.

I don't necessarily agree that he is a moron. Seems like he has at the very least, an OK eye for talent. Definitely prefer him to Idzik. While I preferred Idzik's strategy, I like Mac's execution.

Having said that, I dont understand why Mac is seemingly Teflon with some fans, while Bowles is the worst coach to have existed. Mac has made some terrible mistakes, essentially ignoring one side of the ball. And this year, the Jets could be fielding the least talented team in football. That is on Mac.

My guess is both are gone at the end of the season. Go get the guy that just left Kansas City.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Adams doesn't belong in that sentence. According to another thread, he's already a certified bust. :D

FJF likes this.
  15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Mac made a splash when he came here, so that gives him a multi-year window to screw things up without fans complaining. Same as the San Diego Padres GM AJ Preller. OTOH watching Bowles coach is like watching paint dry while it's raining. His complete lack of personality puts him in the doghouse before you even look at his results.

FJF likes this.
  16. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

This does seem to be a huge deal to people. Personally, I prefer the Todd Bowles coaching demeanor vs what Rex used to do.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

good post. and people here gave me shit when i said we should look at zuttah. would have been an instant improvement for us. also we should have drafted garcia in the 3rd over stewart. as it stands now if our top 3 picks next year aren't QB, WR, and O-line i'm gonna be pretty pissed off lol

18. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Parcell's and Mangini were the last two coaches that gave a damn about our OL. Herm, Rex, and Bowls could care less.

19. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Yea. All in on getting to the opposing QB, fold when it comes to protecting their own.

Sad state of affairs these days.

20. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Why are blaming the coaches and not the GMs?